Introducing Fourteenth Edition

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi all Magic players
We here at Wizards have decided to reverse a few design changes made in M10. As you can see we have reversed the core set naming convention. We are also getting rid of mythics and changing the set size back to 350 (150 commons, 100 uncommons, 100 rares). The rules changes however will remain (lack of mana burn, conga line of doom etc).
We can't say too much about 14th yet except to show you this reprint which will now be an uncommon - Overgrown Estate.
Check back to this thread for more spoilers in future! 
So... multicolor theme?

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

boooo
Woo hoo.  Gold theme.
Conga line of doom?
boooo

Only if its full name is "Fourteenth Edition: The Weatherlight Saga".
In other news. Mountain has been withdrawn from Fourteenth Edition to counteract the effect that Arabian Nights had on the Mountain second-hand market. Red will have to do without a basic land type for one core set.
IMAGE(http://kherkeep.com/images/smilies/plowbeast.png)Why can't everyone see the inherent goodness in destruction? Or the evil in creation? A forest cannot live without the nutrients provided by the destructive force of a forest fire. And if I am wrong, then why is lifeblood of creation - water - the most destructive force on the planet? 701.4. Cast
Wizards of the Coast is proud to finally announce the sixth color of Magic: the Gathering!
Conga line of doom?

The new rules for when an attacker is blocked by multiple creatures, due to the removal of the 'damage on the stack' rule.

New card for today. We don't know if this one will make it through development untouched.

Progenitus' Embrace - wubrg
Enchantment - Aura (R)          
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +5/+5 and has protection from everything. This effect doesn't remove Progenitus' Embrace.  

How does a hydra embrace anything?
Hoard of Notions: Cards and general design musings from yours truly.

Carefully

a lot
The core set mechanic will be from Future Sight... something to give black a bit more to offer creature wise. See Frenzy Sliver for details.

Death's Ram - 3b
Creature - Zombie Sheep (U)
Frenzy 6
Death's Ram can't be blocked by creatures with defender.
2/2

Careful Pyromancer - 1rw
Creature - Human Wizard (U)
Vigilance
T: Careful Pyromancer deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
2/1  
Not liking frenzy as a core set mechanic.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Not liking frenzy as a core set mechanic.

I agree, the way it interacts with Ninjutsu is totally unintuitive

In all seriousness, you seem to be taking a lot of things for... I don't even know. Protection from Everything in a core set? And it being five colors? Not to mention multi-colored cards... I know people make an argument for them being in core sets, but it makes it really confusing as to what belongs in one color and what belongs in the other for new players. Honestly, I don't think it'd be a huge issue in small doses, but you're doing something a bit too much with it.

Also, boo for old set sizes and the removal of mythic rare