Art for Inspiration/Use in Campaign

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello folks,

My campaign has just made the transition from standard pen and paper to online virtual tabletop due to college graduation and moving away. I'm liking the tools so far, but I'd really like some kickass visual aids, to both inspire my own imagination and my players.

Anybody know of a site or other resource that is a collection of epic fantasy art? I'm talking about drawings of epic vistas, ruined fortress, dreary forests, etc.

Thanks!

Who's your favorite artist?  I personally love Rebecca Guay, so I type her name into the search bar of google, and find her site.  Then I look at her art, and see something that I want my PCs to see, then I use it.
Really, just look up stuff by artists...or for a picture idea.  for instance, if you type in fantasy ruined fortress artwork, you'll get some very nice paintings/pictures.
If you find an artist you like, then search them.
Here is a link to a discussion on these forums about artwork and pictures:
community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

However, with that said, be sure you don't rely to much on what it is the pictures show.  Make sure you yourself the DM are still describing everything, even if there is a picture.

I am a level 29 Necro-POSTER! "...And then the cheese came."
The once monthly artwork round up for Dungeon/Dragon mags have been a great source for me. Once a month when they're posted, I take the opportunity to go through the collection. I'm careful to note what random ideas they inspire.  Potentially useful pieces I will copy to a personal use only folder of inspiring ideas.  

When I'm in need of a particular reference image, I do what UbberSheep does and Googles it.   Some times I do have to get creative with the search terms.

Who's your favorite artist?  I personally love Rebecca Guay, so I type her name into the search bar of google, and find her site.  Then I look at her art, and see something that I want my PCs to see, then I use it.
Really, just look up stuff by artists...or for a picture idea.  for instance, if you type in fantasy ruined fortress artwork, you'll get some very nice paintings/pictures.
If you find an artist you like, then search them.
Here is a link to a discussion on these forums about artwork and pictures:
community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

However, with that said, be sure you don't rely to much on what it is the pictures show.  Make sure you yourself the DM are still describing everything, even if there is a picture.

And feel free to update that thread!  I've  been meaning to do some myself but haven't gotten around to it.
Google Image Searches are a good source of Fantastic Castles, Forests, Mountains...

CASTLES: www.google.com.au/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&...
The Citadel Megadungeon: http://yellowdingosappendix.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/the-citadel-mega-dungeon-now-with-room.html