Changeling Question

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey everyone,
I just had a quick question about Changelings. When they change, their armor doesn't adjust to their new form, right?

Thanks,

Fumblemore
Correct.  They can only change their own body, not armor, clothes, weapons, equipment or anything else.  However, since you can't change size, any armor and weapons will remain useable.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
I'd rule that minor changes, such as arm length or creating enough room for the lady or man parts carries to the armor, but nothing beyond that.
In general, though, a Changeling that planned on changing a lot would choose loose clothing or armor that allowed for a wide range of movement regardless of form, or perhaps could be easily shifted to fit another form. At least that's what I'd do.
astralArchivist.com - 4e D&D house rules, homebrew, and story hours - now featuring ENWorld's Zeitgeist adventure path! Will Thibault is a winged, feathered serpent rarely found anywhere except in warm, jungle-like regions or flying through the ether. Due to his intelligence and powers he is regarded with awe by the inhabitants of his homelands and is considered to be divine.
Ok, thanks a bunch everyone.
Correct.  They can only change their own body, not armor, clothes, weapons, equipment or anything else.  However, since you can't change size, any armor and weapons will remain useable.

Not only will the clothing, armor and weapons remain useable, they will remain recognisable.
Which is why any changeling will be wearing imposter's armor and glimmerweave clothing (it was glimmerweave that could change, wasn't it?) ;)
Glamered, I believe.
Yeah, wasn't there a cloak that could change appearance with a changeling? Glammered Cloak, is that it? Since a cloak might be the most visible item of clothing, that makes sense.