Line Attack Question

This came up in a recent game. 

My opponents Red Hand War Sorcerer wanted to Lightning Bolt my Small Fire Elemental AND my Witchknife.  He argued that because he had LOS to the Witchknife he could hit both. 

Per the current Line X rules:
- Line affects all creatures along thin path of line
- Choose a square within X (line distance) from attacker to furthest corner of target square
- Merely touching a square does not affect the target, so targetting the back or right front corners will not affect the Witchknife

Therefore, as the RHWS has to target back left opposite side of square, the RHWS cannot affect the Witchknife as the Line is blocked by the wall. 

The older DDM 2.0 rules allowed one to extend the line to any distance so that the Witchknife would be able to be hit by the lightning bolt.  The new / current rules are now a little more restrictive. 

Correct?  Agree? 

Thanks. 

Cool

You are correct. The witchkinfe cannot be hit by the attack as LoE is blocked.
Also about lines.

Is now an obrigatority to one to pull the entire extention of the anouced line?

example, if i had a line 10, did i need to extend it until 10 squares to get the attack done? (No more (yes), but NO less (this i´m in doubt).

I have an interesting discussion, in a battle where i had only 6 squares free and my opponent deny me the right to use a line, cause he says that it need to be draw the exact distance it is anouced at the card. 
For a "Line X", X is the maximal distance.
Also about lines.

Is now an obrigatority to one to pull the entire extention of the anouced line?

example, if i had a line 10, did i need to extend it until 10 squares to get the attack done? (No more (yes), but NO less (this i´m in doubt).

I have an interesting discussion, in a battle where i had only 6 squares free and my opponent deny me the right to use a line, cause he says that it need to be draw the exact distance it is anouced at the card. 

Correct on the X being the Maximum. 

Also under Line attack rules it says "Choose a target square within X squares of the attacker and trace a line from any point on the edge of the attackers square to the furthest corner of the target square".  So yes, a line attack can be shorter. 

Cool

No need for me here.
Sign In to post comments