best classes for a revenant?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
hey everybody i'm a first time poster and i got a question... what are the best classes for a revenant? 

my dm is very heavy on the flavor. i have to have a reason why i chose this race and class.  i can usually make up something quite good.

thanks everybody reading this and giving their thoughts.  
Battlemind. Hands down. Con based defender that takes a lot of hits, and the surviveability of the race meshes brilliantly with the class. The Con/Dex is especially useful to grab feats like Heavy Blade op to give your OAs more potency. Paladin and Rogue are solid too.
10/10 Would Flame Again: An Elite Paladin|Warlock The Elemental Man (or Woman): A Genasi Handbook The Warlord, Or How to Wield a Barbarian One-Handed The Bookish Barbarian Fardiz: RAI is fairly clear, but RAZ is different That's right. Rules According to Zelink!

Harrier Battlemind (if you go DEX/CON) and Artful Dodger Rogue (DEX/CHA) come immediately to mind. They're also pretty good Paladins, Bards and Ardents (go DEX/CHA) as well as ranged Rangers (go DEX/CON).

The other classes they match stats with just aren't very good classes, so I won't mention them.

They make OK ranged Rangers (and Hunters) with DEX/CON (and the extra toughness make the former particularly nice, given that you might want to go wading into melee to get prime Shot), but it's not the most optimal of choices - however, I'd challenge Litigation's assertion that that's not a very good class :P.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Whoops, I forgot about ranged Rangers. Yes, they make good ranged Rangers, which are obviously an awesome class. (Screw Hunters, though. :P )
Sadly, I come to agree with you.  After 18th, my Hunter in LFR is becoming a ranged Ranger, because he can get more control AND more damage and keep all of the same tricks, at that point.

Hunters are great fun at low levels (and I'll miss the ludicrous accuracy) but they lose out massively past mid-to-late Paragon.  It's like the designers just... forgot to make anything good up there.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Flavor wise it is the assassin (the assassin is connected to the Shadowfell, the revenant is created by the Raven Queen, both have a strong connection to death,etc.). Stats perfectly match both assassin guilds.
The assassin is usually considered a weak class but in a normal campaign (i.e. not a CharOp one) it works just fine.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/23.jpg)

Inspiring Warlord, take all the granting attack powers you can and completely dump Str in favor of Cha.
They also make quite impressive conlocks.

can somebody please explain what a conlocks please?

can somebody please explain what a conlocks please?

A Warlock who uses Constitution as his primary attribute.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.