Booster Box Pricing

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Does anyone know, or have an educated guess, on what retail stores pay for booster boxes/cases? I have someone trying to tell me that it costs his store $510 per case, which sounds like a lie to me. Anyone have any info on this?
Does anyone know, or have an educated guess, on what retail stores pay for booster boxes/cases? I have someone trying to tell me that it costs his store $510 per case, which sounds like a lie to me. Anyone have any info on this?

Why would he lie? and why did you need to know
just curious? 

Maybe it was a case of 6 booster boxes, because there are 15 cards in a booster, 36 boosters in a box, and 6 boxes in a case.
Nah Nah Nah... Nah Nah Nah... SPORTSCENTER... THE PLACE FOR SPORTS
I'm not sure but I can guess. Only someone who owns a store could tell us what they pay wholesale.

I'm going to guess that if they sell booster cases (6 boxes) retail for about $400-$450 dollars that they pay between $150-$300 wholesale. 
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
Ok well the margin on a booster is between 30 and 35% depending if you sell at rrp or not
the margin on a sealed box is less, on average around 22% and a case even less than that.
Dont forget that taxes take up a bunch of the sales price when you are a bricks and mortar retailer
there are much more stringent policing procedures levied on stores, online retailers are much less scrutinised
and it is oft rumored that they may not even pay any taxes allowing them to viciously discount (and devalue)
So if GoTexans can point me to the distributor that will sell me a case for $150 I'm very eager to know  
I've seen the sheets which each store uses to order product from Wizards, and I'm pretty confident that every store, no matter where, is paying at least $460-470 for a case of sealed booster boxes (6), before shipping and tax costs are added.
Sign In to post comments