Amethyst: Evolution is now for SALE

16 posts / 0 new
Last post

Amethyst: Evolution is now for SALE

People may wonder (and I have been already asked a few times) why I'm only charging $9.99 for Amethyst Evolution, despite is impressive size and quality (170 pages).  I'm taking a lead from the creator of Gratuitous Space Battles (an independent game).  He offered his game for a sale price the day it came out…because he didn't want to give people a reason to wait for the sale.  He needed to generate revenue immediately and figured he would just offer the game at the sale price right away, alongside its regular price.  So that's what we're doing as well.  So, if you want to offer further support for DEM and help us continue producing the quality products we take pride in, you can purchase the game for its full price of 14.99.  But, if you can't afford that, no worries, just purchase it for its sale price of 9.99.  I would rather have you spend $9.99 now then 14.99 in a year, as it will fund later DEM projects like Amethyst: Factions, Ultramodern4, and NeuroSpasta.  For those waiting for a combo price for the print & PDF, you won't have to wait long. 

And remember, when you purchase Amethyst Evolution, you receive a high resolution version of the Origins image free of charge.

Ye are a temptress, miss! Your nefarious offers of fantastic products later if I buy great ones now!

Ok. 

Gold is for the mistress, silver for the maid

Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.

"Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall,

"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of them all." -Kipling

Miss d20 Modern? Take a look at Dias Ex Machina Game's UltraModern 4e!

57019168 wrote:
I am a hero, not a chump.
bought!  and waiting for print edition!

Play whatever the **** you want. Never Point a loaded party at a plot you are not willing to shoot. Arcane Rhetoric. My Blog.

Oh yeah, print would be nice.

Gold is for the mistress, silver for the maid

Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.

"Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall,

"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of them all." -Kipling

Miss d20 Modern? Take a look at Dias Ex Machina Game's UltraModern 4e!

57019168 wrote:
I am a hero, not a chump.
Anyone purchasing the Amethyst: Evolution PDF between its release date (July 9th) and the release of the print edition (soooon) will receive a coupon towards the purchase of the POD print copy. More details will follow shortly...
I just noticed it over on rpgnow.com, I was going to ask why there was a 9.99 version and a 14.99 version. I thought maybe the 14.99 had some extras with it or something. I dunno it seems a little weird to me, I mean obviously most people are going to go with the cheaper price, but it seems as if you already have some takers, why the hell not? Count me in.

And I think this is the first 3rd party product that supports Essentials, at least that I've seen any way. I'm still undecided on the whole Essentials thing. I just wish they would pick a rules system and stick with it, but that is a rant for another thread.
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
Yay!  Incentives!

Play whatever the **** you want. Never Point a loaded party at a plot you are not willing to shoot. Arcane Rhetoric. My Blog.

I just noticed it over on rpgnow.com, I was going to ask why there was a 9.99 version and a 14.99 version. I thought maybe the 14.99 had some extras with it or something. I dunno it seems a little weird to me, I mean obviously most people are going to go with the cheaper price, but it seems as if you already have some takers, why the hell not? Count me in.

And I think this is the first 3rd party product that supports Essentials, at least that I've seen any way. I'm still undecided on the whole Essentials thing. I just wish they would pick a rules system and stick with it, but that is a rant for another thread.

'Cause I promised many months ago that the book would by $9.99, but I wanted to give people the opportunity to support DEM considering the ammount of content and the quality of the art (I won't comment on the quality of the writing as that would be gloating).  

Just remember, that most of the book is dedicated to rules that work with both traditional and essentials classes.  I hope people on both sides of the coin pick up the book.  I don't know if there is any other 3rd party essentials content.  I imagine there would be somewhere.  

And if you like the product, please pass the word...

Shiny. Done and done.

And I think this is the first 3rd party product that supports Essentials, at least that I've seen any way.

I wonder if this is going to be the direction moving forward for future DEM products. Like is U4/NeuroSpasta going to be Essentials based as well?

NeuroSpasta is a campaign setting, so it will available for both systems.  As for U4, don't think of U4 as being "traditional" or "essentials" because it is more unique.  You COULD create something like resembled Essentials and you COULD create something that was more traditional.  I like to think of it as Traditional D&D, Essentails D&D, and Ultramodern4.  Three different approaches to 4E.  
NeuroSpasta is a campaign setting, so it will available for both systems.  As for U4, don't think of U4 as being "traditional" or "essentials" because it is more unique.  You COULD create something like resembled Essentials and you COULD create something that was more traditional.  I like to think of it as Traditional D&D, Essentails D&D, and Ultramodern4.  Three different approaches to 4E.  

That sounds good to me
On a side note, as a campaign setting NeuroSpasta will have its own set of races, while U4 has none being generic rulebook - I was wondering if you plan to include guidelines for creating new races in U4 (I'm thinking about using it for a sci-fi space opera campaign, Mass Effect style).

That sounds good to me
On a side note, as a campaign setting NeuroSpasta will have its own set of races, while U4 has none being generic rulebook - I was wondering if you plan to include guidelines for creating new races in U4 (I'm thinking about using it for a sci-fi space opera campaign, Mass Effect style).

No real need for guidelines, as they are built to be indentical to fantasy races.

No real need for guidelines, as they are built to be indentical to fantasy races.

I was thinking something along the lines of a list of powers and features to mix and match for making new races. Just a thought.

That wasn't on the battle-map, unfortunetly.  I didn't think it would be difficult to create new races so I never thought of adding in a system to make compatible ones.  I have learned from GURPS that if you create a mechanic for every possible situation, you can actually create stress in the homebrew gamer and prevent freedom rather than encourage it.  So, I left races open.  
I've been waiting eagerly for this. I can't believe I never noticed it was out last month. I guess its because my group was on a brief hiatus - I wasnt checking up on D&D stuff for a few weeks there.

Anyway, I just picked this up, and I love it - the Vehicle rules in particular will be of great use. My players have been clamoring for a more tech-magic like setting so they can be Sky Pirates and have airship battles. (Why, I have no idea, but hey). The new Vehicle stuff is just what I've been looking for

Oh, and the Duct Tape feat. . . . hilarious! I'd bet money at least one of my players will take it.