Ikusa Preview at Boardgamegeek

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
The upcoming boardgame Ikusa has been previewed by W. Eric Martin over at Boardgamegeek. 

www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/3372/shog...

the game plays exactly as you remember from those halcyon days of youth, a brutal hours-long face-smashing, neighbor-pounding, back-stabbing, "I'll never play with you again!"-vowing, territory-grabbing adventure fest.

I'm really looking forward to this release; Shogun was one of my favorites from the old Gamemaster series. 

Steve

If your only tool is a warhammer, every problem looks like a gnoll.

that looks great! I have to get it!
All German Campaign Scenarios in one place! http://aaminisgermancampaign.webs.com/
I got my copy of Isuka last night. Beautiful Game!  I'm very happy this is back in print.
I ordered my copy online today. I should get it next week.  I just missed getting a copy back in the 80s when it was still in print. Been waiting a long time for a re issue.

I do wish they kept the plastic swords thou. 
I can't say for certain that this was the reason for switching away from the plastic swords, but I do know that MB got tons of complaints about how easy the swords were to break ... especially when younger players used them for swordfighting, which they are guaranteed to do with anything even remotely like a sword.

Steve

If your only tool is a warhammer, every problem looks like a gnoll.

I just found out about the reprint to this awesome game.  My friends and I got a lot of play out of it when it was known as Shogun.  I am looking forward to picking up a copy, since a lot of the pieces broke, especially Ashigaru Spearmen and the Standard Bearers.  I was upset to find out that the game won't be coming with the swords, but luckily, I still have my old ones.  If anything, maybe not including the swords in the Ikusa reprint may help to maintain the value of the original copy; they are just that popular.

Also, it was good foresight in changing up some of the colours; maybe now I can try a 6 player game.  Too bad I won't have a sword for this though, lol.
Sign In to post comments