A Card That Tickled My Fancy: Call Upon

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Call Upon-
Sorcery
You may cast target creature card in your graveyard. (You must still pay all costs.)
"The art of necromancy is not in conjuring the dead, but in convincing them to remain."~Beckoning Bones: A Beginner's Guide To The Formerly Dead

< Sciuromorph
120.6. Some effects replace card draws.
without the reminder text this would be so broken with entomb .
but since its there. I think its a great card that really showcases a utility side of black.
but since its there. I think its a great card that really showcases a utility side of black.

the effect would be the same without the reminder text
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.

the effect would be the same without the reminder text

right. the reminder text is a reminder.

hence the name: """reminder text""" suggesting that it is a reminder
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.
With the memory issues a playset of these entail, I'd rather just reprint Raise Dead.
With the memory issues a playset of these entail, I'd rather just reprint Raise Dead.

Yeah, I'm curious. Besides oddballs like Haakon, is this functionally different at all from Raise Dead/Disentomb?
well if you ise it with Phage the Untouchable you will lose right? ^_^
but i like it, it has a more flawor then Disentomb and pals...
~The lies are for masters but only masters know not to lie~
very interesting concept. i like it a lot.
Add, "...with its mana cost reduced by up to ." to make it worth casting over Disentomb.

I'm pretty sure the creature must be recast immediately.

Looks rather weak.
I'm surprised this hasn't been done before.
I have a sig because it gives my posts better spacing.
would people prefer if I made it a cantrip?

also as Rio said, there's no memory issues, it's something you can do during the resolution of the spell. just like any other spell that instructs you to do something.

also as Rio said, there's no memory issues, it's something you can do during the resolution of the spell. just like any other spell that instructs you to do something.

I'd go for the solution @ Post #10 rather than cantrip. I'd even go up to less to cast to sweeten the deal. If you trip, you probably need it to go up to 2cmc. Or i donno.. even if you trip it still kinda IS a raise dead but tripped. Both kinda give 2 Cards Advantage if tripped. Grim Discovery - 2 cards : )

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]

Ruins the elegance if you ask me, even if it's only three extra words. "In a graveyard"?
I have a sig because it gives my posts better spacing.
I'd either keep it as-is, go with Chintastica's suggestion, or make it an instant.  Though I feel like both of the latter two options would raise the cost?
I like the idea of making it an instant.
blah blah metal lyrics

Ruins the elegance if you ask me, even if it's only three extra words. "In a graveyard"?

this is by far the best solution. you're my favorite person.