Planeswalker's Uncommons

26 posts / 0 new
Last post

I find it weird that they're gone.

Chandra's Spitfire, you will be missed *sob*

L1 Judge

Yea, I was sad to see that too. I was hoping for a cool Vamp to go with Sorin and Packleader was one of my fav uncommons from the last set. O well, lets hope they come back in M13.
meh...Ajani's Pridematewas the only one I ever used, and even that underwhelmed me.  Jace's Ingenuity was okay until Tezzeret's Gambit came out.
meh...Ajani's Pridematewas the only one I ever used, and even that underwhelmed me.  Jace's Ingenuity was okay until Tezzeret's Gambit came out.

News flash, Jace's Ingenuity is good. Instant hand refill beats sorcery any day. Dur.

News flash, Jace's Ingenuity is good. Instant hand refill beats sorcery any day. Dur.

3 mana draw that can be played in any color makes Tezzeret's Gambit better for more decks.  Jace's Ingenuity might be better in the right mono-blue deck, but think most people would rather a 3cmc two card draw at sorcery speed, than a 5cmc three card draw at instant speed.
plus proliferate, don't forget that one.
my Allies deck loves that ;)
proud member of the 2011 community team
plus proliferate, don't forget that one.
my Allies deck loves that ;)

Wow, yes, I forgot about proliferate.  In most of my decks that has a chance at contributing to outcome, though it is slightly situational, so it could be argued as not improving the card.
With the inclusion of a rare planeswalker signature cycle, I can't help thinking (hoping) that they are somehow giving us the tools for all planeswalker sig decks. In that case, what I'd like to see is PW Sig lands. Jace's Study. Koth's Furnace. Liliana's Crypt. Maybe replacing the rare dual lands in m13? Hey, this is a speculation forum. I'm speculating. 
I miss them to.
Didn't they give them new one's at rare to replace these? I'd rather have chandra's phoenix than spitfire any day.
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
I just miss Liliana's Specter.
With the inclusion of a rare planeswalker signature cycle, I can't help thinking (hoping) that they are somehow giving us the tools for all planeswalker sig decks. In that case, what I'd like to see is PW Sig lands. Jace's Study. Koth's Furnace. Liliana's Crypt. Maybe replacing the rare dual lands in m13? Hey, this is a speculation forum. I'm speculating. 

Actually that would interesting

Jace's Study
Land

Tap: add U to your mana pool

Tap 1: draw a card

Tap 3: search your Library for a card with Jace in the name and put it into your hand.

Idk I think it would be useful, auto search for a jace or Jace Archivist
Even with the second ability alone, that would be unprintably powerful. Seriously, repeatable draw costs way more than that.

L1 Judge

Depends really, I could see where it could be rather broken, but it was really just off the top of my head, although I think the main point for the lands would be the last ability, probably would be forced to sacrifice the land in order to search though.
That would be bah-roken!

Auto 4 of in any deck.

Even at 3 tap: draw a card it would be playable in U/x for sure.
Saito, compare to cards like Library of Alexandria, that have seen a lot of tournament play despite huge drawbacks to similar abilities. There is no 'depends' about your card, it is just broken.

Either way, keep that stuff to the YmtC forums. This is for speculation, and speculating on exact cards that could show up in the future is just guesswork, not reasonable speculation.

I think Draft is the best format in Magic.

I strive to be critical, rational and openminded.

It taps for u, comes into play untapped and is strictly better than island. Plus could tutor up jAce:tms. One of the most broken cards I've seen frankly.
I apologize if my idea was broken, The idea of PW specific lands is speculation, I saw the idea and posted what I think might fit into place.  I don't believe they would make something like that and if they did it would have some drawbacks.  I had already said that it was something just off the top of my head to the idea.  Now aside from that, if you take someone who played magic a really long time ago like when it was first being introducted and showed them eldrazi for example they would probably be saying the same thing and that it was too broken to consider.  So who is to say if they don't curve the direction magic is heading in that they won't make a card like that? 
Wasn't trying to gang up on you. I like the idea of pw lands.
It's fine, I understand why I got the reaction.  But my idea aside if they did make PW lands what would they be like?
Jace's Study
Land

Comes into play tapped

Tap: add U to your mana pool

Pay 3, tap Jace's Study: draw a card, then place a tax counter on Jace's Study. Pay one additional mana equal to the number of tax counters on Jace's Study. When a card with the name Jace is played remove one counter.

Tap 4: search your Library for a card with Jace in the name and put it on top of player's library.

I used most of the original format to aument my own idea.
Yeah and sorins vnggence i loved it when i found that it mkes sorins second abillty so much better

"Do not weep at your defeat my dear in death you serve a greater purpose mine" lord of the undead

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

i think it would be
Jace's Study
Legendary Land
Jace's Study comes into play tapped.
T: Add U to your manapool 
1 and T, return Jace's Study to its owner's had: draw a card. 
2 and T: Search your library with a planeswalker card with Jace in its name and put it on top of your library.  Jace's Study does not untap during your next untap phase.

i think it would be
Jace's Study
Legendary Land
2 and T: Search your library with a planeswalker card with Jace in its name and put it on top of your library.  Jace's Study does not untap during your next untap phase.

It'd just say 'a Jace planeswalker card,' since any card that is representing Jace will have the planeswalker type 'Jace.'
MTG Rules Advisor Mirrodin_Loyalty.png

i think it would be
Jace's Study
Legendary Land

It'd just say 'a Jace planeswalker card,' since any card that is representing Jace will have the planeswalker type 'Jace.'

Apparently, the idea is the land can also fetch Jace's ArchivistJace's Erasure and Jace's Ingenuity, not just the planeswalker cards.

I'm not sure this would work, though.

[<o>]
i think it would be
Jace's Study
Legendary Land

Apparently, the idea is the land can also fetch Jace's ArchivistJace's Erasure and Jace's Ingenuity, not just the planeswalker cards.

I'm not sure this would work, though.

Well, his card very specifically said 'planeswalker card,' hence my response. If he just meant a card connected to the Walker, then 'a card with "Jace" or "Jace's" in its name' would suffice, I think. Or maybe even just "Jace," since "Jace's" includes "Jace."

MTG Rules Advisor Mirrodin_Loyalty.png

Sign In to post comments