Apology and Thanks. And Goodbye.

51 posts / 0 new
Last post
First off I want to apologize to the board in general for my spamming 2 days ago of fake '_______ to Pathfinder conversion' threads. Sadly, it seemed to be the only way to get the mods to notice that this board had turned into, as casualoblivion put it, "just re-name this forum Pathfinder General Discussion and be done with it." As I expected going in, and told Garthanos in advance, I knew I was getting a temp ban for it but someone had to fall on the sword to get this crap noticed.

That's where the thanks come in. Seems the mods have finally taken notice and have started moving those kinds of threads (you know, the ones that discuss only Pathfinder or only mention 4e in comparasion to 'how cool Pathfinder is', i.e. the 'Ad Threads' as Garthanos puts it) to the RPGs General Discussion, where they belong. Thanks go out to them for finally at least trying to enforce that.

I would still like an explanation and a proper response, public so everyone knows the same rules on how requesting that people cite sources on things stated as fact as opposed to opinion is or is not against the CoC. Cause I had a post removed for asking a perosn to cite a source on their supposed fact, and I have looked over the CoC 3 times and can find no refrences to citation requests. Is it wrong that I'd at least like the same standards here for ciation of sources as Wikipedia?

With that, I am leaving. Not, going away for a while to come back as I have in the past. Leaving. I am going to give it one week, and then delete this account. I have messaged those on my friends list to this effect, but figured it would be polite to let other who might not be on that list know in case they wanted to stay in touch. By sticking round for a week before the deletion, that gives them a chance to PM me for contact details.

The Edition Wars have killed the game for me. It started with the Edition Wars here, then the skirmishes moved to problems running public events without a 4e D&D vs Pathfinder arguement breaking out, which finally got to the point where the game isn't even fun at home. I'm done with it. I'm done with your wars. I have many other games. I have a job and a family. I got plenty to do.

This place just isn't fun any more.

No one wins in the Edition Wars. The whole hobby loses. Wizards did not lose me as a DDI subscriber with the Online CB, they lost me long before that. And I have let my Herald Level GM Status lapse after 8 years. Wizards lack of support and the Edition Wars Trolls that are poorly moderated just managed to take all the fun out of public events. ~~ KT
Sorry to hear the argueing soured you on the game.

Perhaps someday a group of us gamers will blow the dust off our 4e collection and decide to relive that glory. Maybe we'll even forget about the 4e and Essentials divide.

I'm still having fun with the game but the edition warring has ruined a play location for me too. 
Just FYI.

You don't have to click on the threads about editions.  I easily ignore them.

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

Just FYI.

You don't have to click on the threads about editions.  I easily ignore them.

At the point that Garthanos and I started this 'illustrate abusrdity by being absurd' plan, 2/3rds of the front page was Edition War threads. If we can't get the same forum 'clean' standards that Paizo enforces (and go try and start a 'convert Pathfinder to 4e thread' over there, see how fast they remove it1) so we can discuss 4e on the 4e boards in a reliable fasion, what is the point when I can go to EN World (slow as it can be) and actually use a 4e forum where the topics are enforced?

It's not worth my time and utility when I can't discuss a product at the producers website. I get more utility out of EN World.

1: I did, 2 min, 46 sec at 11:36 pm. Yeah. And they actually sell 4e stuff, the reverse is not true.
No one wins in the Edition Wars. The whole hobby loses. Wizards did not lose me as a DDI subscriber with the Online CB, they lost me long before that. And I have let my Herald Level GM Status lapse after 8 years. Wizards lack of support and the Edition Wars Trolls that are poorly moderated just managed to take all the fun out of public events. ~~ KT
Probably why i don't spend much time on the general forum...

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

i don't spend much time on the general forum...

Too busy making ridonkulous charge wizard builds, eh, mellored?  ;)

Goodbye OpsKT, I will miss your postings.  

Cry
Internet forums as you have seen bring out the worst in people. Ignore the riff raff. Disgruntled and overly entitled fools ruin games don't let anonymous trolls ruin yours.
That's why I'm leaving man. Associations and all that. I want to enjoy the game again. I have an Eberron game with my daughter in it that she want's me to get back to running, and the general mood this place (and Paizo's boards as well, the post by Lisa just proved to them 'winning' is the real game) engenders makes me not want to run it. I basically never go to forums for Pinnacle and White Wolf (maybe a post a month) and still greatly enjoy those games.

I figure getting back to basics (a notebook, some game books, pencil and dice) will be good for me.
I don't know what its like where you are, but in my experience if you avoid the forums, and maybe the big conventions, you pretty much avoid the entire problem.  Ive never experienced any real arguments at any home brews/LFR that Ive ever gone to.  Sure there might be some small conversation, but nothing past I like core better, or why I like essentials.  People in person really are allot more pleasant then people on the forums.  Just food for thought. 
Just because were not talking in person does not mean you have to be an @#$%^&*
Cool. I use these forums for rule interpretations. There is some value in that and to schill for Maptools where appropriate. I am use to internet forums from back in the UO days and have often thought that the developers allow them to become counterprodcutive to their own product for some odd reason. I would run a tighter ship.
You will be missed OpsKT.  You are welcome to change your mind and come back later with no judgement from me.  Take Care.
You will be missed OpsKT.  You are welcome to change your mind and come back later with no judgement from me.  Take Care.

This really says it all.
Yes, the latest book/release that you don't like is a blatant attempt by Wizards of the Coast to make money off the fanbase. They all are. That's kinda the point of the Free Enterprise system, companies are in it to make money...
Show
69889855 wrote:
You can't! I tried... and the next night masked men came into my house and beat me until I burned up my ranger character sheet and rolled a scout. They told me... if I ever thought of making a non-essential character that they would kill mitsy..... OH GOD THEY ARE COMING BACK AND ARE FORCING ME TO BUY HEROES OF SHADOWS! SOMEONE STOP THEM PLEASE!
58321818 wrote:
Your DM is your friend. He's not trying to screw with you, or dick you around. Play your character how your character would act. Accept that your character won't always be able to do what he's best at, but also know that as a goddamn HERO, he's gonna try to do his best at what he can do. Roleplay your goddamn character, make the decisions he would make, and roll appropriately. Everything will be fine.
57025236 wrote:
But filling a post with vitriol, hate-filled comments, like "these people should be fired", swearing at us or other ambiguous members of the company - there really is no reason for that. Please share your feedback respectfully, and consider how you would share your ideas if this were a face to face conversation between real people, not faceless names on a screen.
If you see me posting in a thread about editions or Essentials (that isn't simply a rules thread or similar) remind me that I'm trying to stay away from them. (My blood pressure will thank us both.)
Do what you need to do so that you can enjoy your life and gaming.  
I get quitting the Boards. Oftentimes, they suck, and they can bring out the worst in all of us.

But I don't get how the arguing on the Boards can ruin the game, much less your game.
Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
I get quitting the Boards. Oftentimes, they suck, and they can bring out the worst in all of us.

But I don't get how the arguing on the Boards can ruin the game, much less your game.

I don't know about OpsKT, but I know that I have experienced something similar recently after spending a bit too much time on some of the more negative orientated threads. I realized it made me cranky, and very tired about the constant discussion which tended to highlights the negatives of the game, which is never good for your state of mind. Now, I find completely abandoning the boads a bit drastic for me, but I do need to take a step back or else it will negatively impact my fun for the game.
I understand what he is saying.  And I understand how the boards can ruin the game in general.  It can put a bad taste in your mouth.

I would say definitely avoid the forums and public events because the edition wars and the PF vs D&D wars will never end.

I'm going to stick to Warhammer ;)

I would still like an explanation and a proper response, public so everyone knows the same rules on how requesting that people cite sources on things stated as fact as opposed to opinion is or is not against the CoC. Cause I had a post removed for asking a perosn to cite a source on their supposed fact, and I have looked over the CoC 3 times and can find no refrences to citation requests. Is it wrong that I'd at least like the same standards here for ciation of sources as Wikipedia?

There is nothing specific in the CoC regarding citations; however, section 6 has been liberally used by Mods across the forums (I've seen it here and in the MtGo forums).  All they need to do is determine that some post(s) is(are) "disruptive".

/me shrugs @'s
Come join Team Apathy! or not whatever shrug.gif

Yo! tm  afro.gif

I'm confused.  Granted I haven't been reading every thread in General, but scanning the recent thread titles makes me wonder where the Pathfinder edition war issues are.  Are they really invading every thread, or is there a possibility to just not read them?
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
its simple not to read them, just like any thread. nobody forces you to click anything. but i give high marks for the dramatic flair

This.

Actually, I can see how, but I can't see why you'd allow it to.

It may partially be that I started really playing in days where the closest thing anyone had to the internet were dedicated dial-up local BBS, which was frequently a horrible way to communicate anyhow, and the folks you talked about gaming with consisted entirely of:

• People who you were directly gaming with.

• Maybe people at the FLGS, but not all of them were socially well-adjusted enough to want to converse with anyone they didn't know already

• People at conventions in theory, if you attended any to begin with.  (I didn't at the time.)

Of all of those people, it seemed to be generally understood that the only ones with any real say in what happened at your table was the first group.  For some folks, if you were the DM, probably not even they got any real say.  (I don't miss those guys. heh.)

The idea of letting a bunch of chuckleheads spouting the same edition-war BS I've heard spewed for the last 25+ years (on both sides of every argument related to such) "ruin my game" now that I can choose to interact with them more often just seems silly. ;)

Seriously Ops, if you don't like the boards, I get it.  If you don't like the posters, I get that too.  If you aren't even thrilled with the board policies, I can wholly understand.  Frankly, I'm well in favor of "dropping the hammer" more frequently to produce a more friendly environment--even if such a policy was aimed more heavily at myself. ;)  But whatever happens between us internet chuckleheads, is just that: some guys yapping away on teh intarwebz.  It's got nothing to do with the smiling faces of the folks gathered around my table once or twice a week.

Whatever you do, where ever you go (or don't) Have Fun.
Jackonomicon™ It's not always safe for work, but it's great for play. It's my blog, yo.
I haven't been here for a long time not because of edition wars, which I think are silly and are very easy to just click off of when you stumble into one, but because the "Character Development" thread, which was supposed to be about backstory and other non-mechanical aspects, devolved into a clone of the "Character Optimization" thread. I had thought about mentioning something, but decided that it would fall on deaf ears based on my observations of simialr complaints from others. Another reason I walked away is because too many of the discussions were about the numbers aspect of the game, not the story aspect. This seemed to be permeating every thread I used to contribute to. Being a story-oriented person myself, I simply had nothing to add and so excused myself from the conversation.

4e is my second-favorite edition. I'm a 2e gamer myself. However, I did not let my loss of interest in these boards or my dismay at the story-be-damned-where-are-my-numbers mindset that I felt was taking over sour me on the game. I just picked up and moved on. This site isn't the only place to discuss the various editions of D&D. The Piazza discusses all editions, and so far the mods seem to run a tight ship. I spend more time at osrgaming.org for its friendly environment (2e and older only), and occassionally drop in at dragonsfoot.org (another osr site), but my attendance has fallen off due to mods abusing their power.

The only thing that brought me here to respond was Ops' broadcast. Hopefully he'll see this and know there are far more fish in the sea than WotC and ENWorld, and will remain with the game. It's silly to walk away from a game you like so much just because of handful of internet douchebags.
I'm confused.  Granted I haven't been reading every thread in General, but scanning the recent thread titles makes me wonder where the Pathfinder edition war issues are.  Are they really invading every thread, or is there a possibility to just not read them?

It seems they have all been moved ;) The last few weeks 80% of the thread subjects on this board was somehow Pathfinder related, either that or it was grumbling about Essential and/or recent errata. Of course, nobody is forcing you to click, but personally once I am invested in a discussion I have difficulties stepping back, so I can easily see not clicking can be hard.

Pathfinder edition wars and Essentials/errata grumbling are two very different things.  One is off-topic, the other isn't.
Pathfinder edition wars and Essentials/errata grumbling are two very different things.  One is off-topic, the other isn't.

Errata grumbling belongs under 4E books errata or the section for Dungeon and Dragon Magazine errata. It never belonged in 4E general. 
Essentials grumbling normally belongs in a different section as well. Or not on the boards at all. 
Pathfinder threads do not belong in the 4E section at all 90+% of the time. 

and lets not forget all the repeat threads, starting a discussion that has already been concluded, or asking a question that has been asked 10+ times before. 

Really I would say neatrly half of the threads started in general either do not belong on the boards of belong in different sections, It is a problem that only gets worse if the mods to not make sure the threads are where they belong, as it leads to posters not knowing where things actually belong.
It would appear that you and I have very different understandings of what the word "general" means.
I must say, the forums look a lot better than they did 4 days ago. So, kudos to whoever did whatever to make this place be about D&D, not D&D edition warring.

"Ah, the age-old conundrum. Defenders of a game are too blind to see it's broken, and critics are too idiotic to see that it isn't." - Brian McCormick

It would appear that you and I have very different understandings of what the word "general" means.

4E General is for everything regarding D&D 4E that does not belong elsewhere. It even use to say that in the section description, but they removed the description from General (but not the rest). 

Any other definition makes the rest of the sections meaningless. 

Edition wars suck (especially for someone like me who likes both games). But I find myself able to ignore the threads/posts on the forums that contribute to that problem.

Now when the problem spills over into my FLGS then I find I cannot ignore the problem.

"Edition wars suck! Spread the love!"

I might turn that into a t-shirt and wear it at Gen Con this year.
I must say, the forums look a lot better than they did 4 days ago. So, kudos to whoever did whatever to make this place be about D&D, not D&D edition warring.

I agree. After the community moved the Pathfinder threads to the relevant “RPGs” forum, the “4e” forum feels better.

It seems to convey a sense of confidence about 4e.

We are glad there are people who like Pathfinder. More power to them. But we like D&D. Nuff said.

I agree. After the community moved the Pathfinder threads to the relevant “RPGs” forum, the “4e” forum feels better.

It seems to convey a sense of confidence about 4e.

We are glad there are people who like Pathfinder. More power to them. But we like D&D. Nuff said.

It's just sad I had to personally meltdown to get the problem noticed. I wish I knew what ORC or WizO finally took action on fixing the problem I was brutally pointing out, so I could thank him personally.

The only thing that brought me here to respond was Ops' broadcast. Hopefully he'll see this and know there are far more fish in the sea than WotC and ENWorld, and will remain with the game. It's silly to walk away from a game you like so much just because of handful of internet douchebags.

Don't worry, I'm walking away from these forums and organized play so I will keep playing the game at home.
i thought you already left?

Heh. He still has a week to go.

Hope he changes his mind by then.
Don't worry, I'm walking away from these forums and organized play so I will keep playing the game at home.

Whew!

Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.

Agreed. Kudos to the Community Manager or the ORC that decided to act upon.

OpsKT i hope you find a way to come back on your decision and return to the Boards to contribute again. Or else we will loose another Old Guard of 4E.

Until then keep playing D&D !   It's the most wonderful game on earth (IMO) Wink

Kudos to the Community Manager or the ORC that decided to act upon.

Agreed and I meant to say thank you in my previous post as well. Neither community needs the vitriol spewed forth by the "edition wars" and especially not those of us who enjoy being part of both communities. We have plenty to disagree about without dealing with all that crud all over the forums.

Game on!
It's just sad I had to personally meltdown to get the problem noticed. I wish I knew what ORC or WizO finally took action on fixing the problem I was brutally pointing out, so I could thank him personally.

Heh.  I took a "fORCed" two day hiatus myself.  I came back and everything was cleaned up.  So I'd have to say that it was worth it.

Celebrate our differences.

I have to say it is a little cleaner around here.
...whatever
Agreed. For now, at least. But, that just shows that we can do something, if we put our minds to it and get our featheres ruffled.

Gold is for the mistress, silver for the maid

Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.

"Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall,

"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of them all." -Kipling

Miss d20 Modern? Take a look at Dias Ex Machina Game's UltraModern 4e!

57019168 wrote:
I am a hero, not a chump.
I was quite ruffled in part because I felt normal relatively civil attempts to approach the issue were themselves being blocked ... civil disobediance is not my normal first choice I too apologize for my contribution to the muck and ahem melodrama - and thank the forum moderators.

Realizing off-topic is one of those things the Mods need to be tolerant about because thread topics are pretty flexible and- even the point where threads are/become nothing more than evangelistic ads can be hard to trap... helps... but  
  Creative Character Build Collection and The Magic of King's and Heros  also Can Martial Characters Fly? 

Improvisation in 4e: Fave 4E Improvisations - also Wrecans Guides to improvisation beyond page 42
The Non-combatant Adventurer (aka Princess build Warlord or LazyLord)
Reality is unrealistic - and even monkeys protest unfairness
Reflavoring the Fighter : The Wizard : The Swordmage - Creative Character Collection: Bloodwright (Darksun Character) 

At full hit points and still wounded to incapacitation? you are playing 1e.
By virtue of being a player your characters are the protagonists in a heroic fantasy game even at level one
"Wizards and Warriors need abilities with explicit effects for opposite reasons. With the wizard its because you need to create artificial limits on them, they have no natural ones and for the Warrior you need to grant permission to do awesome."

Heh.  I took a "fORCed" two day hiatus myself.  I came back and everything was cleaned up.  So I'd have to say that it was worth it.

Well, on the off chance that I end up changing my mind and don't delete my account, we'll all have to get togther in PM's and decide who falls on the sword next time to get the dang problem noticed. We'll need to rotate, I think they eventually perma ban if you get repeated offenses in a short period.(Content removed)

I was quite ruffled in part because I felt normal relatively civil attempts to approach the issue were themselves being blocked ... civil disobediance is not my normal first choice I too apologize for my contribution to the muck and ahem melodrama - and thank the forum moderators.

Realizing off-topic is one of those things the Mods need to be tolerant about because thread topics are pretty flexible and- even the point where threads are/become nothing more than evangelistic ads can be hard to trap... helps... but  

I know how it is. But I called it. I knew what I was doing when I started the bombing run. But I did get them moved or locked.

The time away did make me realize this place is a bit toxic for me, however, which is why I decided to delete my own account after the time passed for anyone who wanted alternate contact info to get it.

Well, on the off chance that I end up changing my mind and don't delete my account, we'll all have to get togther in PM's and decide who falls on the sword next time to get the dang problem noticed. We'll need to rotate, I think they eventually perma ban if you get repeated offenses in a short period. (Content removed)

Might help if you actually got your facts straight and since you are not a mod that is information that you don't know.
I've removed content from this thread because Baiting and Personal Attacks are a violation of the Code of Conduct.  You can review the Code of Conduct here.  

If you see a post which violates the Code of Conduct, please hit the Report Post button to alert an ORC. Thank you. 

ORC_Chaos 
Sign In to post comments