Your worst duuhhmb moment .

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
Against AI - Tearing through challenge to learn Bloog Hunger, breezing through (the deck is still very powerful and will probably be overpowered after DLC 1), I'm against Kiroa who has Aether Mutated a couple vamps. I drop a couple more and foolishly equip a Vamp Aristocrat with blade of the blood chief and do not save 1 mana.

Next turn, with no mana to re-equip, it gets embraced and AI sacrifices 6 saprolings for a 12/12 aristocrat. Duhhmb. 

Equipping is done at sorcery speed, so even if you had left one mana open you wouldn't have been able to re-equip it during her turn. So you can feel a little better about that one.

Hoard of Notions: Cards and general design musings from yours truly.
Was playing Garruk's deck against Nissa online. I was unlocking cards, but itdidn't actually say I was unlocking them. Just adding them to my deck.

Won game 1.
Game 2 had a new card: Rites of Flourishing

Figured I'd drop one and see what happens......I got SLAUGHTERED...Apparently accelerating the Elves' Mana and card drawing is a bad idea.
Vampire Aristocrat is the card responsible for my worst decision in a 1v1 online ranked match. My thought process was, "Well, I don't want to block the Aristocrat, he'll just sac creatures and kill my blocker" so I know I was at least aware of the ability, but it was a serious facepalm moment when I blocked everything but the Aristocrat only to have him sac every last creature to do just enough damage to seal the win. I didn't realize my vulnerability because I wasn't that low on health to begin with, but I failed to do the math and lost a match I probably should have won.
I have a terrible habit of suiciding my creatures by moving their buffer equipment onto other creatures after combat.
I have a terrible habit of suiciding my creatures by moving their buffer equipment onto other creatures after combat.

hahah, I did that yesterday with machinations. I was blocked with indestructable armor on and tapped a skimmer. Not paying attention to touhcness 0 after the block, I equipped one of my untapped creatures before end of turn, bye skimmer.

hahah, I did that yesterday with machinations. I was blocked with indestructable armor on and tapped a skimmer. Not paying attention to touhcness 0 after the block, I equipped one of my untapped creatures before end of turn, bye skimmer.

I haven't done that but I bet I will one day!
Peace through Superior Firepower.
This wasn't really a stupid move, just a lack of concentration on my part. I was playing mono blue against elves and we had been throwing down for about half an hour, he had 3 health left, I had 1 and I had the bear and the 1/1 unblockable hommie on my side plus I had that totem armor in my hand. But instead of equipping the armor on my unblockable and calling it a day, I decided to go for the perfect victory(i.e hitting him for the exact amount of damage) and attacked without noticing that one of his elves wasn't tapped(in my defense he had about 12 elves on the field and 11 were tapped). Imagine my surprise and horror when the bear gets blocked and I realize I just gave away a match I should have won. 

I was soooooo salty afterwards. 
Against AI - Tearing through challenge to learn Bloog Hunger, breezing through (the deck is still very powerful and will probably be overpowered after DLC 1), I'm against Kiroa who has Aether Mutated a couple vamps. I drop a couple more and foolishly equip a Vamp Aristocrat with blade of the blood chief and do not save 1 mana.

Next turn, with no mana to re-equip, it gets embraced and AI sacrifices 6 saprolings for a 12/12 aristocrat. Duhhmb.

The correct response would most likely have been to kill the aristocrat yourself using its ability to sacrifice a creature on itself.  You wouldn't be able to regain control of the aristocrat (against a knowing opponent) because if they gain control of the aristocrat, they would themselves be able to sacrifice the aristocrat as your ability to gain control of the aristocrat resolves.

Sucks to lose the aristocrat to sacrifice, but it does at least save the opponent gaining control of it, only to sacrifice it if you were to somehow be able to regain control.

Robvalue: Copy target bug or glitch. You may choose a new card for the copy...

Will never buy games made by Arena Net again.

Will not buy Duel 2015 until 2HG reinstated.

Grei wrote:

Orc_Welfin wrote:
 I've removed content from this thread. 

Nice to know removing content is a company wide policy.
I don't know probably one of the several times I've attempted to replicate a legendary creature or maybe one of the times I targeted an illusion creature only to have it die instantly. I really cant decide on just one.

Whatever The Market Will Bear 2015 brought to you by Wizards of the Coast.

I don't know probably one of the several times I've attempted to replicate a legendary creature or maybe one of the times I targeted an illusion creature only to have it die instantly. I really cant decide on just one.

On the other hand, Jace Mind Controlled my Mentos, the Freshmaker and I used Rite of Replication (non-kicked of course) to kill him.

The correct response would most likely have been to kill the aristocrat yourself using its ability to sacrifice a creature on itself.  You wouldn't be able to regain control of the aristocrat (against a knowing opponent) because if they gain control of the aristocrat, they would themselves be able to sacrifice the aristocrat as your ability to gain control of the aristocrat resolves.

Sucks to lose the aristocrat to sacrifice, but it does at least save the opponent gaining control of it, only to sacrifice it if you were to somehow be able to regain control.

You're right. Didn't think of that, not that I would have had time. When the AI is making an instant or sorcery that is the only move that can save the game for them, the Timer magically accelerates by 10x.
I'm a new player that has done everything stupid that is possible.  Kavu on my own guys, Maniac Artifact Smasher Guy on my own artifact.  The best moment was casting totem armor on my illusion creature.
Maniac Artifact Smasher Guy on my own artifact.

I did that once. Was the only player with an artifact on the battlefield. Didn't know the ability was mandatory.  

Cast Rally the Forces during my opponent's combat phase.
playing archenemy online, i wanted to bounce one of the archenemy's creatures so we could come in for an attack.  i was so set on playing it that i didn't see what i played it in response to.  was a teammate using one of their creatures to tap the creature i was about to bounce.

i guess it all worked out in the end, but i felt like a bit of an idiot.

LOL.  Thats great...

I cast Rally the Forces before my attack phase...For some reason I thought it was a Sorcery and figured the effect would carry into my combat phase.

I cast Rally the Forces before my attack phase...For some reason I thought it was a Sorcery and figured the effect would carry into my combat phase.

Well, at least you just wasted yours instead of actively helping your opponent. My blunder caused me to lose that game.

I suppose there's also that once in '09 that I accidentally targeted myself with Blightning.
Misclicked Pyroclasm instead of lethal Blaze in 2HG, clearing the board completely from our creatures, including Sower of Temptation, which was controlling Lorthos, the Tidemaker
Playing [c]Flametounge Kavu[c] and then finding out his ability always activates and i just used pyroclasm to clear the field best use of mana EVER!
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best

I suppose there's also that once in '09 that I accidentally targeted myself with Blightning.

That one may be the worst so far. :D

That one may be the worst so far. :D

Yaaay, what do I win? I'm suddenly glad that was against the AI instead of online.
I'd have to say my dumbest mistake so far was when I was playing 2HG last night and I was using the burn deck and my teammate was using illusions and for some reason I decided to cast Goblin War Paint on my teammates Phantom Beast and we ended up losing the game because of it because that was the biggest creature on the field at the time. I was so mad at myself because I knew right after I started to cast it that I had just made a mistake, my teammate was probably pretty mad too. I'll probably never do that again, so embarrassing.
playing 2hG, i was garruk, my teammate was Sorin. talking on vent so tactics are good. still getting crushed by two kioras facerolling to the win. at the start of the draw we both have no idea what to do so i panic and cast hunters feast just as i hear "NO WAIT DONT". turns out if i had waited one second more the vamp player would have cast repay in kind, bringing our opponents life low enough for corrupt to kill him. we lost the match. i was not pleased.
When I use the white deck, I have a tendency to swap equipment off of creatures I used in battle, bringing their toughness down to zero and killing them.

I've also on several occasions wasted counterspells trying to counter Thrun, the Last Troll. Yell