Lisa Stevens, CEO of Paizo, "Pathfinder outselling D&D"

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/paizoPubli...

We've all seen the questionable data points before, and to be honest her statement is anecdotal, but for the CEO of the company to make a bold statement like that certainly gives extra credence to the fact.

With all these layoffs, swirling rumors of a 5th edition, muddled release schedule, and (in my opinion) failed digital offering... I wonder if it might actually be true.

And if is true.. what does this mean for the D&D brand in the future?
who cares

also this thread already exists

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

maybe you should go talk about it on the paizo boards???
IMAGE(http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/LolaBonne/Anotherwankfest.jpg)
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
I was more interested in discussing if this puts undue pressure on WOtC?

Will they feel forced to produce a new 5e , or change their product offerings, etc.... in order to "compete" with Paizo?

Is this already happening? And is this why we've seen such shifts in the overall 4e core?
i dont know dude...but im on the EDGE of my SEAT just thinking about it!!
just say no ....
  Creative Character Build Collection and The Magic of King's and Heros  also Can Martial Characters Fly? 

Improvisation in 4e: Fave 4E Improvisations - also Wrecans Guides to improvisation beyond page 42
The Non-combatant Adventurer (aka Princess build Warlord or LazyLord)
Reality is unrealistic - and even monkeys protest unfairness
Reflavoring the Fighter : The Wizard : The Swordmage - Creative Character Collection: Bloodwright (Darksun Character) 

At full hit points and still wounded to incapacitation? you are playing 1e.
By virtue of being a player your characters are the protagonists in a heroic fantasy game even at level one
"Wizards and Warriors need abilities with explicit effects for opposite reasons. With the wizard its because you need to create artificial limits on them, they have no natural ones and for the Warrior you need to grant permission to do awesome."

Thank you for making yet another pathfinder thread.  This couldn't possible have been discussed in the other pathfinder threads that were already made.  You have saved us from the possibility of talking about anything else.  Seriously though can we not have 15 pathfinder threads at 4e general discussion?  If you look at Why Pathfinder on 4e board? Because forums exist for Market Research/Penetration. You will see that I'm not against talking about Pathfinder or its sales (which for the record can't be judged well since DDI allows people to play dnd just fine without actually buying books.  You can just belong to DDI and never buy a book ever so book sales don't matter) .  I'm against having 700 threads on the topic. 

Hey all you 4e vs Pathfinder Holy Warriors!

Why Pathfinder on 4e board? Because forums exist for Market Research/Penetration.

4E to Pathfinder

Paizo CEO: Pathfinder is Outselling D&D
Just because were not talking in person does not mean you have to be an @#$%^&*
Yeh glad this stuff is so on topic and not against the CoC
  Creative Character Build Collection and The Magic of King's and Heros  also Can Martial Characters Fly? 

Improvisation in 4e: Fave 4E Improvisations - also Wrecans Guides to improvisation beyond page 42
The Non-combatant Adventurer (aka Princess build Warlord or LazyLord)
Reality is unrealistic - and even monkeys protest unfairness
Reflavoring the Fighter : The Wizard : The Swordmage - Creative Character Collection: Bloodwright (Darksun Character) 

At full hit points and still wounded to incapacitation? you are playing 1e.
By virtue of being a player your characters are the protagonists in a heroic fantasy game even at level one
"Wizards and Warriors need abilities with explicit effects for opposite reasons. With the wizard its because you need to create artificial limits on them, they have no natural ones and for the Warrior you need to grant permission to do awesome."

This thread makes Picard facepalm indefinitely.  Please think of Picard before posting.

-O
This is almost reaching the level of parody now. Maybe we should just re-name this forum Pathfinder General Discussion and be done with it.
...whatever
There are 23 threads that aren't stickied in the dnd 4e general discussion

5 are about pathfinder in some way

2 are about other editions ie 3rd or 5th

1 about warhammer

1 about other rpgs they might like.

1 about female armor (which was funny and i'm not saying I want it gone)

That's not even counting the Pathfinder threads the the mods deleted earlier today.  Aldrick I'm not trying to be mean, and i'm sorry if I came off that way.  I do try to live by my sig, but this is getting out of hand.
Just because were not talking in person does not mean you have to be an @#$%^&*
I think it's actually funny how the responses from a few posters makes it seem like they fear Pathfinder being discussed here.
I think it's funny how you interpret that as fear.

Celebrate our differences.

I think it's funny how you interpret that as fear.

Then what else is it?  Every time Pathfinder is mentioned the fanboys have to come out in hoards to defend the site.  Like talking about Pathfinder here is taking thread time away from D&D.  Smells like fear to me.
Due to complaints received about this thread, I've closed it. The thread will be reviewed to determine if it should be permanently closed, re-opened, and/or a new thread or threads created in its place.
Sign In to post comments