Need something SILLY

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm just finishing up a campaign where I control an Artificer based after Medic from Team Fortress 2. Still dying from laughter, due to all the curse-worthy shenanigans! My best character ever.

In short, I'm looking for "lolsome" concepts to play next. Something to keep this laugh-high I'm on going. Superheroes, villains, cartoon characters, anything's game as long as it opens up good instigating opportunities.

Ideas So Far:
Tony Stark, the Artificer
Jonah Hex, the Ranger/Shaman(?)
Wolverine, the Shifter Barbarian/Samurai
Ambush bug, bard+class that can teleport
Incredible hulk, Goliath/Orc monk(barbarian?)
Evil dead 1&2 deadite, revenant rogue
Evil dead 3 deadite, revenant fighter
American Mcgee's alice in wonderland, Human rogue/artificer(lots of odd enchanted weapons)
The Doctor. Deva hybrid psion|artificer with the Time Bender PP. His wand is a sonic screwdriver.

"My flying carpet is full of elves."

"Daft Wullie" Mac Feegle (shamelessly stolen from Terry Pratchett)

Halfling Warlord (CHA) - wait, hear me out!

He comes highly recommended by what's left of his last adventuring party.  They have nothing but good things to say about him (before wishing the new party good fortune and legging it).  He's got a well established reputation as a fearsome, capable battle leader, and is determined to whip the party into fighting shape.

He's a little small, even by halfling standards.  His skin is so completely covered by faded tattoos and woad that he looks like a little blue man with a shock of starched red hair.  He's wearing a kilt and a hauberk, with a great big sword strapped to his back.  He talks in a ridiculous, almost indecipherable Glaswegian accent.

Here's the deal: he's the worst field commander ever.  He's a completely reckless, belligerent little creature who doesn't care for any sort of tactical approach that doesn't involve charging, swording and headbutting until there's nobody left to charge, sword or headbutt.  All of his warlord exploits are reflavored, to the effect that he rushes heedlessly into combat and the rest of the party has to step up their game to pull his little blue bacon out of the fire.  In fact, he makes such a mess of combat that the party derrives an advantage from being on the side that knows that disaster is on the horizon.

"When Friday comes, we'll all call rats fish." D&D Outsider
I like my comic releif coward warlord.
Opening shove and furiouse assault are the wild flailings of someone who can't fight.
Direct the attack is hidding under a table shouting "don't let them get me"
And like the Celt-ling above his buffs are everyone else trying harder to cover for him.
I was also going to use a deck of fortune cards that make you fall down. 
The sea looks at the stabillity of the mountian and sighs. The mountian watches the freedom of the sea and cries.
If you've ever seen Buzz Lightyear, NOS-4-A2, the robotic vampire who feeds on other robots.

Warforged greatweapon fighter named Emuanay (M1A) Abrams, former soldier who talks like a drill sergeant - wears platemail, uses a fullblade and is also armed with a shoulder bow...
 He was the party's tank.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

First: watch the Disney movie "Tangled", if you haven't already seen it.

Second: Rapunzel.

"The world does not work the way you have been taught it does. We are not real as such; we exist within The Story. Unfortunately for you, you have inherited a condition from your mother known as Primary Protagonist Syndrome, which means The Story is interested in you. It will find you, and if you are not ready for the narrative strands it will throw at you..." - from Footloose
Consider a Gnome Battlemind. This character has a movement of 4 and is a big ball of metal running around the battlefield. Mildly capable in combat with Blurred Step. Oh, and if the bad guys do manage to hit you, you disappear. What?

Another fun option is Dragon Ball Z characters; my favorite would be Krillin. As a halfling Sorcerer/Monk hybrid you can gain decent defenses and still maintain his sissy personality. Manny powers of the Sorcerer can be reflavored to give you the type of moves Krillin does.

One final way to make any character hilarious, start with a non-combat profession such as a baker, scribe or gardener. Then let that individual shine by having him/her use the innate skills he/she has in combat. A fire attack may be a scalding pie to the face or a thrown weapon may be a gardening spade.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

Darth Vader: Infernal pact Hexblade in full plate mail.

Optimus Prime: Warforged druid.
Crush the turtle from Finding Nemo > Cleric or Paladin
A Warforged Runepriest whose favorite ability is Beacon of Vengence...
...except he can only pronounce it as "Bacon of Vegens." 
Megaman Warforged Controller that can copy other monsters' abilities
Coop from MXLR as a Half-Ork Barbarian or Fighter
Booster Gold Psion with Skeets 
mines simple, funny, and ironic all one 

A Sunsoul Genasi Vampire.

I was punched three times from three different of my fellow players for suggesting this to a fellow player for sheer stupid factor. 
mines simple, funny, and ironic all one 

A Sunsoul Genasi Vampire.

I was punched three times from three different of my fellow players for suggesting this to a fellow player for sheer stupid factor. 

The only way that would work is if it could also divide by zero, and anyone who has seen EoE knows the horror that would await if it could.
Play a wizard with a monkey familiar. Only, play it as though the monkey is the wizard and the near brain dead human is the familiar.
Warforged artificer with a rat familiar.
Your character is a talking rat with a giant mech that he pilots. 
The sea looks at the stabillity of the mountian and sighs. The mountian watches the freedom of the sea and cries.

I have a player in my game who's about to do the same thing! Altough his familiar will be his old character reduced to tiny... long story.

I once played a halfling paladin named Timur, who had extremely low dexterity.
In his past he often accidentally bumped his head or foot against objects, tipped things over and consequently got the people around him irritated.
Because he constantly had to find new words to apologize with, Timur became quite charismatic.
He dealt with bumping against objects by "joining paladin school, because they get metal school uniforms".
As Timur's clumsiness caused him to routinely fumble his attacks, causing him to lose grip on his sword, Timur came up with a bladed shield that had chains attached to it - and his wrists, so he'd never lose his weapon or shield in a fight.
One final way to make any character hilarious, start with a non-combat profession such as a baker, scribe or gardener. Then let that individual shine by having him/her use the innate skills he/she has in combat. A fire attack may be a scalding pie to the face or a thrown weapon may be a gardening spade.

Sam Gamgee's cooking pans.  Act as a club + 1 and give you a +2 Diplomacy bonus if you prepare a meal before schmoozing the target.
"Say, Mr. Frodo, I think I'm starting to get the hang of this." - Sam, after clobbering a Moria goblin using his frying pan.  The pan is still making an audible gong sound.

Best complements I have yet received:

Show

Making it up as I go along:

{BRJN} If I was writing the Tome of Lore, I would let Auppenser sleep. But I also would have him dream. In his dreaming he re-activates the innate powers of (some) mortal minds. Or his dreaming changes the nature of reality - currently very malleable thanks to Spellplague &c. Or whatever really cool flavor text and pseudo-science explanation people react positively to.

{Lord_Karsus} You know, I like that better than the explanations for the Spellplague.

{BRJN} If Bhaal approves of The Joker, does he approve of Jack Nicholson's portrayal or Heath Ledger's protrayal more?

{stigger} That question is utterly classic, and completely on target.

Prepped ahead of time:

I started the thread "1001 Failed Interrogation Results" (which seems to have faded into that great electronic goodnight, alas)

{ADHadh} These are all good and make sense! I just can't come up with something that's not covered here and is not completely ridiculous.

My 4e characters:

Show

Active:

LFR Half-elf StarLock8 Gondolin Nightstar

AoA Dwarf Guardian Druid8 Narvik from House Wavir

Character Ready-to-go:

Neverwinter Dwarven Invoker / Heir of Delzoun, worships Silvanus (!) "Truenamer" - speaks Words of Creation

Concepts I'm kicking around:

"Buggy" Wizard - insect flavor on everything.  His DMPC version is going to become a Lamia.  Becauae lichdom is so cliche.

Halfling Tempest Fighter - just because nobody else is doing it

Shifter Beast-o-phile Druid - for Nentir Vale campaign

I have an idea... wouldn't it be fun to play an 8-bit sprite in an otherwise normal DnD setting? You could even talk in text boxes and such, and instead of making natural non-verbal noises, you would make noises creatable by an NES sound chip (or whatever they call those things).

I'm still trying to think of what would be a good class for an 8-bit sprite.

you are a god among men. almost pissed myself
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
I have an idea... wouldn't it be fun to play an 8-bit sprite in an otherwise normal DnD setting? You could even talk in text boxes and such, and instead of making natural non-verbal noises, you would make noises creatable by an NES sound chip (or whatever they call those things).

Keep your reality-warping eldritch abominations out of my adventuring party.  I don't need to be hearing you with my eyes, going blind from your ear-piercing ALLCAPS and what-not.

Keep your reality-warping eldritch abominations out of my adventuring party.  I don't need to be hearing you with my eyes, going blind from your ear-piercing ALLCAPS and what-not.

Calm down, man.

Sorry, I was trying to not go insane from imagining a low-res, 2D sprite existing in a 3D world and how a party of adventurers would cope.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say this was an idea thought up by, well...   

A brain-damaged (int 8) Warforged Rogue, "Authorized"...most of his orginal programmming as essentially a 'secret policeman' who was authorized to investigate everywhere in the kingdom.  Upon reactivation by the party of adventuresm alll that was remembered "You are Authorized.  Allowed Everywhere"

He's got a lot of bluff, because he will walk up to anything. "I'm allowed in there, I'm Authorized!"
The 8-bit game sprite should be a Shardmind.
Blocky instead of spikey
Can explode into a cloud of bits and reform