Circu, Dimir Lobotomist ruling please give me a answer

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok I have been looking all over the internet and I can find nothing that will answer my question so I am gonna post it here. For awhile my freind has been playing Circu, Dimir Lobotomist and when it resolves he makes people exile cards from the top of their decks. I wanna know if this is correct that he is counting Circu's own cast towards its second ability. If he is right i have no problem but I was thinking that while it is a spell it has no abilities until it resolves and once it resolved there would be no blue or black spell to activate it. I dont know please give me some input on this.
Circu, Dimir Lobotomist's abilities does not trigger for itself. By the time Circu is on the battlefield, he has resolved, and was actually cast a long time ago, and missed the chance to trigger.
Rules Nut Advisor
Circu, Dimir Lobotomist

Like most permanents, Circu's abilities only function while he is on the battlefield, which doesn't happen until long after (in game terms, anyway) he was cast.
MTG Rules Advisor since 2007-06-27. Amateur MTG rules nerd since forever. Download the official rules and more at wizards.com/magic/rules -[ IronMagus' New Marketplace Trade Thread ]- 100+ completed trades!
Thank you this is what I thought I was just wanted to make sure before I called him on it next time.
It's nice to see the old man being played. I only break out that deck out when I want to shut up a ripple rat deck.
Sign In to post comments