Anything Runepriest

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Has anyone heard any rumors or anything been confirmed about changes/updates to the Runepriest. I really want to play one but don't know If I should just start now, or wait until changes occur (if they are happening soon)
Why would they change the Runepriest? It doesn't need to get changed. It just needs more stuff.

Why, yes, as a matter of fact I am the Unfailing Arbiter of All That Is Good Design (Even More So Than The Actual Developers) TM Speaking of things that were badly designed, please check out this thread for my Minotaur fix. What have the critics said, you ask? "If any of my players ask to play a Minotaur, I'm definitely offering this as an alternative to the official version." - EmpactWB "If I ever feel like playing a Minotaur I'll know where to look!" - Undrave "WoTC if you are reading this - please take this guy's advice." - Ferol_Debtor_of_Torm "Really full of win. A minotaur that is actually attractive for more than just melee classes." - Cpt_Micha Also, check out my recent GENASI variant! If you've ever wished that your Fire Genasi could actually set stuff on fire, your Water Genasi could actually swim, or your Wind Genasi could at least glide, then look no further. Finally, check out my OPTIONS FOR EVERYONE article, an effort to give unique support to the races that WotC keeps forgetting about. Includes new racial feature options for the Changeling, Deva, Githzerai, Gnoll, Gnome, Goliath, Half-Orc, Kalashtar, Minotaur, Shadar-Kai, Thri-Kreen, Warforged and more!
First time on this board so don't really know the lingo to me adding things constitutes changing it.
by my count there are a grand total of 79 Runepreist powers (yes, level 1-30) there are 4 choices at any point) 4 paragon paths and 1 Epic destiny there are also 2 class feature options 

on the other hand there are 95 fighter powers at level 3, the fighter has also 2 subclasses (slayer and knight) and a choice of 8 class feature options

so by 3rd level a fighter will get more choices then a runepriest in its whole career

please give support camon mearls, you helped write PHB3 support your babies!!!!!
Play the Runepriest if you want then implement the changes into your character if they come down the road. I played one for a pretty good while named Crom Fumbletoe. He was a Dwarf and I had a BLAST running him through various encounters.Smile
DCI/RPGA# 7300-265-843
They have said that they plan on giving the Runepriest and Seeker support. The classes need it desperately. The Assassin and Artificer need it, too. Hopefully, the Assassin article this month addresses that.
I would love to see more support for all the classes mentioned. I will only see it if it is not on DDI though so I doubt I ever will.
The horrible truth - "Their new marketing strategy (Evergreen Essentials) pretty much requires that anything new that sees print refer back almost exclusively to Essentials." Tony Vargas
I would love to see more support for all the classes mentioned. I will only see it if it is not on DDI though so I doubt I ever will.

The seeker is a primal class, so it may get support in the upcoming Feywild book.
Think you can survive a zombie attack? Click here to find out.

It Came From Section Four!
Warning: Posts my contain evil.

Orc in the House of Trolls

The seeker is a primal class, so it may get support in the upcoming Feywild book.

That seems unlikely: current design philosophy revolves around subclasses of the "classic" classes, wizard, ranger, druid, fighter, so on and so forth.  We may well see more builds for rangers, even builds for rangers very much like the seeker, with much stronger primal flavor.

The best bet for more seeker support IMO is for it to be reclassified as a subclass of ranger.  Similarly, the runepriest would become a subclass of priest and the artificer a subclass of wizard.  This would give them retroactive support, making many feats, powers, and paragon paths previously unavailable to them fair game.
]The best bet for more seeker support IMO is for it to be reclassified as a subclass of ranger.  Similarly, the runepriest would become a subclass of priest and the artificer a subclass of wizard.  This would give them retroactive support, making many feats, powers, and paragon paths previously unavailable to them fair game.

No disrespect intended, but I sincerely hope that this doesn't happen. Better, by far, for them to instead receive the support given to full classes.

That seems unlikely: current design philosophy revolves around subclasses of the "classic" classes, wizard, ranger, druid, fighter, so on and so forth.  We may well see more builds for rangers, even builds for rangers very much like the seeker, with much stronger primal flavor.

The best bet for more seeker support IMO is for it to be reclassified as a subclass of ranger.  Similarly, the runepriest would become a subclass of priest and the artificer a subclass of wizard.  This would give them retroactive support, making many feats, powers, and paragon paths previously unavailable to them fair game.

also no disrespect but this would cause alot of compatability issues and power issues, the wizard already sports the most at wills in the game, more can be an issue and mixing things that were not made to work together can also cause overall more harm then intended.

also no disrespect but this would cause alot of compatability issues and power issues, the wizard already sports the most at wills in the game, more can be an issue and mixing things that were not made to work together can also cause overall more harm then intended.

I agree undead just leave them the way they are and give them the support the classes need/deserve.
Actually, I think the best thing that could happen for Seekers would be to fuse them into the Ranger class as a subclass.

On the other hand, Artificers and Runepriests DO NOT WANT THIS.  They're way too distinct from the suggested classes they'd be fused into.  Just because Priest is in the name of Runepriest doesn't make it a Cleric.  It's more of a Warrior-Archivist, and could actually do with a second subclass that is an true Archivist.  Runepriests need way more support, in terms of power choice and build choice, mainly.

Similarly Artificers are very different from Wizards.  No reason to fuse the two, especially when Wizards have some of the most builds of any class already.  Artificers just need more support, in my opinion.  We don't need new builds, really, just more power choices, and an update to certain powers that don't function properly anymore. 

Before posting, why not ask yourself, What Would Wrecan Say?

IMAGE(http://images.onesite.com/community.wizards.com/user/marandahir/thumb/9ac5d970f3a59330212c73baffe4c556.png?v=90000)

A great man once said "If WotC put out boxes full of free money there'd still be people complaining about how it's folded." – Boraxe

This is perhaps a little late, but go on  and play a Runepriest. They are a solid leader class. I recommend a Minotaur Runepriest. This is just my personal recommendation. Have fun and enjoy the class!!!

Good Luck!!!
agreed, its still a powerful leader class. 
Actually, I think the best thing that could happen for Seekers would be to fuse them into the Ranger class as a subclass.

The best thing that could happen for Seekers would be Primal Power 2.
The best thing that could happen for Seekers would be Primal Power 2.

I would LOVE to see a Primal Power 2. (and a divine power 2, arcane power 2, psionic power 2...)
The horrible truth - "Their new marketing strategy (Evergreen Essentials) pretty much requires that anything new that sees print refer back almost exclusively to Essentials." Tony Vargas

On the other hand, Artificers and Runepriests DO NOT WANT THIS.  They're way too distinct from the suggested classes they'd be fused into.  Just because Priest is in the name of Runepriest doesn't make it a Cleric.  It's more of a Warrior-Archivist, and could actually do with a second subclass that is an true Archivist.  Runepriests need way more support, in terms of power choice and build choice, mainly.

Similarly Artificers are very different from Wizards.  No reason to fuse the two, especially when Wizards have some of the most builds of any class already.  Artificers just need more support, in my opinion.  We don't need new builds, really, just more power choices, and an update to certain powers that don't function properly anymore. 

I agree with the seeker merging into ranger as a subclass. it would assist his capability by granting him access to the ranger pool.

This is perhaps a little late, but go on  and play a Runepriest. They are a solid leader class. I recommend a Minotaur Runepriest.

Bear in mind that the Protection / Destruction rune choice mechanic gives the Runepriest great round-to-round flexibility, more so than any other class. Offsetting that is the fact that attack powers are generally evenly split between the two builds, limiting choice even further, and the unfortunate fact that Runepriest At-Wills don't scale at 21st.

There has been a little bit of stuff published for the Runepriest, but it's pretty much exclusively been DM material. Schwalb wrote and was excoriated for a flavourfully written article that added four paragon-tier rare items usable only by Runepriests, and more recently the adventure Runecutter's Ruin has a NPC Runepriest doing some cool things (which I doubt any PC Runepriest would be allowed to do).

Finally, Goliath Runepriests are awesome and win.
Tibis Refugee of many worlds