Non-D&D RPG Exposure

54 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I was just kind of musing the other day, like I do pretty often, and I'm wondering how many different RPGs people here have played or run in the last 10 or so years.  Basically, since the release of 3e.

Just out of curiosity.   I personally value exposure to lots of different RPGs, and I'm curious who else plays a bunch of different stuff.

EDIT: Sorry about the thread title; I changed my mind after I started it, and can't go back and edit it now.

-O
Answering myself... (and editing as I remember more)

D&D 4e (HPE and Dark Sun)
D&D 3.0+3.5 (including a Wilderlands sandbox and a long-running Arcana Evolved game)
AD&D 1e + OSRIC
Star Wars Saga Edition
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2e
Call of Cthulhu (d20, modern setting)
Paranoia (XP)
Kobolds Ate My Baby
Mage (1e, played, not run)
Edited to Add: FATE 2, Fudge Edition, for a one-shot.

If you go further back, I'd add
Earthdawn 1e (for several years)
Star Wars D6
RC D&D
TORG
Call of Cthulhu BRP
Powers & Perils (kinda)
Mythus (Dangerous Journeys) for a long time.  No idea how we did this one.  It was High School is my only explanation.
AD&D 2e, of course.  And BECMI.
DC Heroes
Marvel Superheroes (FASERIP)
GURPS (2e?)
Toon
Car Wars (is this an RPG, really?)
Middle Earth Role-Playing (ICE, aka MERP)
Rolemaster (briefly, though we used some of the stuff for MERP)
...and some others that I can't think of at the moment.

And even though it wasn't in the survey, stuff I'd like to play:

Savage Worlds (I love the Explorer's Edition book)
Earthdawn 3e (I played a lot of 1e back in the day)
Warhammer 40K Dark Heresy
Burning Wheel

-O
I don't know about ten years, but my exposure to RPGs includes...
Every edition of D&D except 3.0
Gamma World (all editions)
Star Wars (d6, not SAGA)
Top Secret
Villains & Vigilantes
Marvel Superheroes
Boot Hill
Paranoia
RIFTS
Call of Cthulhu
HERO
FUDGE
ElfQuest
Deadlands
Amber
Traveller
World of Darkness (original, all games)
World of Darkness (reboot, only V:tR and Mage)
Dogs in the Vineyard
Ars Magica (most editions)
Pathfinder
A bunch of other d20 games not worth mentioning.

I'm sure I'm forgotting some.

Would like at some point to play...
Exalted
Goodman Games' Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG
Gumshoe
D&D 4.0
D&D 3.0 +3.5
Star Wars Revised Core
Hackmaster Basic
Alternity
OK, here's my list for my gaming life (not sure where the 10 year mark woudl be, i'm lousy at that type of memory:

D&D 4th, 3.5, 3rd, 2nd (with heroes of but never with the powers and options) 1st and BEMCI.
Star Wars Saga, Star Wars D20, WEG Star Wars and WEG 2nd Edition Star Wars.
Marvel (Marvel Superheroes by TSR and Marvel Universe)
DC Heroes (mayfair 2d10 version)
Champions
GURPS
MERP
Elfquest
Traveller
Top Secret (both versions)
James Bond 007
Star Frontiers
Star Trek (both FASA and Unicorn Games versions)
Mechwarrior
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
OWoD: Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, Wraith, Changeling, Mummy, Kindred of the East, historical versions of the abovel
NWOD: Vampire, Mage, Werewolf, Promethean
Dragonlance Saga
Aliens
Toon
Gamma World
A few homebrew systems

I'm sure i'm leaving some out, may update as I remember.

At my age, time blurs, so here are the games I am playing right now:
D&D 4e
GURPS-ish
Gamma World

Games I have played:
Show
A Game of Thrones
Adventure!
AFMBE
Alternity
Ars Magica
Babylon 5
Baron Munchhausen
Battlestar Gallactica
Battletech
BESM
Boot Hill
Buffy
Bureau 13
Burning Wheel
Call of Cthulhu
Castles & Crusades
Champions
Conan
Cyberpunk
D&D (all editions)
Dangerous Journeys
Dark Suns
Darwin's World
DC Universe
Deadlands
Dogs in the Vineyard
Dr. Who
Dying Earth
Earthdawn
Elfquest
Elric!
EverQuest
Ex Machina
Fading Suns
Farscape
Feng Shui
FUDGE
Gamma World (all editions)
Gangbusters
Ghostbusters
GURPS (multiple editions)
Hackmaster
Harn
In Nomine
Indiana Jones
Iron Heroes
Iron Kingdoms
Jorune
Judge Dredd
Kobolds Ate My Baby
Legend of the Five Rings
Lone Wolf
Lord of the Rings/MERP
Macho Women with Guns
Marvel Super Heroes (TSR)
MERC
Metamorphosis Alpha
Mutants and Masterminds
OSRIC
Palladium FRP
Paranoia (all editions)
Qin
RIFTS
Robotech
RuneQuest
Savage Worlds
Serenity
Seventh Sea
Shadowrun (1e, 2e)
Space 1889
Space Opera
Spycraft
Star Frontiers
Star Trek
Star Wars
Starship Troopers
Talislanta
Tekumel
TMNT
Top Secret
TORG
Traveller (multiple editions)
Villains & Vigilantes
Warcraft
Weird Wars
Wheel of Time

Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
Games I have played:

Surprised

Nice list, man!

-O
Games I have played:

I bow to the master.
Just in the past 10 years:

Star Wars OCR/RCR/Saga
Paranoia
Deadlands
Savage Worlds

Back in the '90s I branched out more.
I played in a few different systems for a while, but the longest game I have run is GURPS 3rd edition where I ran a Dragonlance campaign and my friend alternated with Greyhawk. I think we played for 3 years at least.
I have run.
4th Ed

Star Wars D6, d20, Saga

D6 Space using homebrew universe

and I have played
Star Wars D6/Saga
Paranoia
World of Darkness (meh)

Fear is the Mind Killer

Games I have played:

I bow to the master.

WoW me too.... I have read and own tons as well but played and/or DM'd only a handful... wow.
  Creative Character Build Collection and The Magic of King's and Heros  also Can Martial Characters Fly? 

Improvisation in 4e: Fave 4E Improvisations - also Wrecans Guides to improvisation beyond page 42
The Non-combatant Adventurer (aka Princess build Warlord or LazyLord)
Reality is unrealistic - and even monkeys protest unfairness
Reflavoring the Fighter : The Wizard : The Swordmage - Creative Character Collection: Bloodwright (Darksun Character) 

At full hit points and still wounded to incapacitation? you are playing 1e.
By virtue of being a player your characters are the protagonists in a heroic fantasy game even at level one
"Wizards and Warriors need abilities with explicit effects for opposite reasons. With the wizard its because you need to create artificial limits on them, they have no natural ones and for the Warrior you need to grant permission to do awesome."

Here's my list

Played (** means I also GM/DM the system):
* Vampire the Masqurade**
* Hunter the Reckoning**
* Mage The Ascenion
* Werewolf the Apocolypse
* Mummy the Ressurection** 
* D&D 1st, 2nd, 3.0/.5, 4e
* Shadowrun (3rd)
* GURPS**
* TWERPS**
* Amazing Engine
* TMNT**
* Robotech
* RIFTS
* Palladium Fantasy
* Everway
* DC Universe
* Marvel Super Heroes
* Gamma World
* Deadlands
* Battletech (though honestly was more of a miniature game)
* Supernatural
* Dresden Files
* Leverage
* Silver Age Sentinels (Tri-Stat System)
Welcome to ZomboniLand - My D&D Blog http://zomboniland.blogspot.com/
First, my list is since 1978 when i first discovered D&D. Second, I had an advantage in college. I was part of a gaming club where we played D&D on Tuesday nights, and a new game (lasting no more than a month) every month on Thursday nights, so we would get at least twelve new games a year. Oddly enough, in all that  time, I have not once tried/played a White Wolf "storytelling system" game.
Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
First, my list is since 1978 when i first discovered D&D. Second, I had an advantage in college. I was part of a gaming club where we played D&D on Tuesday nights, and a new game (lasting no more than a month) every month on Thursday nights, so we would get at least twelve new games a year. Oddly enough, in all that  time, I have not once tried/played a White Wolf "storytelling system" game.

ooooh you are a cheater - that said the WoD games have some seriously interesting flavor - Mage ones have a potential for your character to be somewhat less ahem pre-defined (Vampire which I have played in Live Action form - is pretty much the descent in to madness ... who needs more story).

I started gaming in 1978 too.... unless you count the free form stories my father did with us making choices for the characters back in 67 or so.
  Creative Character Build Collection and The Magic of King's and Heros  also Can Martial Characters Fly? 

Improvisation in 4e: Fave 4E Improvisations - also Wrecans Guides to improvisation beyond page 42
Reflavoring the Fighter : The Wizard : The Swordmage - Creative Character Collection: Bloodwright (Darksun Character) 

By virtue of being a player your characters are the protagonists in a heroic fantasy game even at level one
"Wizards and Warriors need abilities with explicit effects for opposite reasons. With the wizard its because you need to create artificial limits on them, they have no natural ones and for the Warrior you need to grant permission to do awesome."

I was a fan of the short lived but fairly interesting Mummy series - people who were flawed - missing something from their lives.  They die, and then are bound with a soul to fill the hole that was empty. 

It was a pretty neat system, but otherwise yeah - most of the games were very defined.

I actually really enjoyed using the Hedge Magic book from WoD - making minor mages, was fun to have them go against Vampires and Hunters.
Welcome to ZomboniLand - My D&D Blog http://zomboniland.blogspot.com/
Only counting the ones I can recall off the top of my head in the last 10 years or so I have played:

Scion
Shadowrun
Deadlands
Cthulhutech
Call of Cthulhu
Marvel Superheroes (dragged out the old books a few months back)
Traveller d20
Torg (like MSH, dragged out the old books a couple of years ago)
Darwin's World 
Red Dwarf the RPG
Star Trek the RPG

Probably could think of a few more, if I cared to take the time.  We play a lot of games other than D&D.

My whole group and I really enjoyed Scion.  It is probably our second favorite game after D&D.  Everything else we are split on.  The only one that universally no one in my group liked was D20 Traveller.   

Marvel Superheroes (dragged out the old books a few months back) 

I like the diceless one... but it still had some flaws like a death spiral... sigh talk about out of genre mechanic for MURPG

Past 10 years?

4E, 3.5, 3, 2E, AD&D
Gamma World (80s version and 4E) 
Pathfinder
Gurps (Supers, West, Bunnies, Space)
Babylon 5
Paranoia
Call of Cthulhu       
Battletech

... and a homebrew system designed to take the roll out of role playing (no dice, very simple system for determining success and failures). 
D&D & Boardgames If I have everything I need to run great games for many years without repeating stuff, why do I need to buy anything right now?

Star Wars (d6, not SAGA)

God, that was my first (and until about 6 years ago only) PnP RPG ever.  I haven't played that since the mid 90s.

Brings back memories.

For me, aside from 2e, 3.x, and 4e, I've played:

on pbp:
C:tL (1st ST disappeared from the pbp site.  DM has no human decency.  2nd game is in the VERY rough stages.)
P:tC (different DM, disappeared right around the same time.  Also no basic human decency.)
W:tF (never got off the ground.  ST is still cool because he told us before stopping.)

Real Life:
Dresden Files (2 sessions, rarely because of RL scheduling issues.  Now the ST is moving to another state.  It was a LOT of fun.)
Pathfinder (DM'd at a convention.  they need better editors for their "self contained" modules)

And that's really it.

I want to play more, I just can't find groups that are both A.) near me and b.) meet at a time I can actually make it
Ahh, so THIS is where I can add a sig. Remember: Killing an ancient God inside of a pyramid IS a Special Occasion, and thus, ladies should be dipping into their Special Occasions underwear drawer.
d6 Star Wars has aged reasonably well and is still fun to play espicially considering the fact that its mechanics were designed in the 80's. We compressed alot of the skills into one so rather than have blasters, slugthrowers etc we use the Saga rifles, pistols etc.

Fear is the Mind Killer

Here is my list:

Dungeons and Dragons (Products -All- from 1978 - Present)
Palladium (Products - All -Nightbane, TNMT, Robotech, RIFTS etc..)
Talislanta
Star Wars d20 and d6
Shadowrun
Mutants and Masterminds
White Wolf (All Products from 1st edition to Present)
Cthulhutech
Call of Cthulhu Chaosium and d20
Elric of Melnibone Chaosium and d20
The Dresden Files
Supernatural RPG
Unhallowed
Buffy and Angel RPG
Battletech
Exalted
Alternity
Pathfinder
GURPS
Car Wars
Star Trek TNG RPG
Deadlands
MERP Middle Earth Role Playing
Cyberpunk series
Farscape RPG
Elfquest
Warhammer
Human Occupied Landfill
Midgard (Had someone helping that spoke German)
Edit: Sailormoon
        Dragonball Z
        Champions RPG
I am jealous of everyone saying they have played Dresden Files the games price tag just gave me sticker shock.

I am jealous of everyone saying they have played Dresden Files the games price tag just gave me sticker shock.

The books are worth EVERY PENNY.

Even if you never use them, you NEED them if you're a Dresden fan.

The margin notes are written by Bob, Billy, and Harry.  (I think Kirby has a few notes near the back of one of them, too.)

And the game is a blast.  The DM's just moving about 10 hours away, and I don't see it working well as a PBP.
Ahh, so THIS is where I can add a sig. Remember: Killing an ancient God inside of a pyramid IS a Special Occasion, and thus, ladies should be dipping into their Special Occasions underwear drawer.
Of coure ;):
D&D (Basic, then to 2nd edition and up)

A host of d20 games (one particluar fav is the mini-game Iron Lords of Jupiter from Dungeon Magazine)

Wouldn't mind giving Pathfinder a try eventually.

= = =

Others Include:

Original World of Darkness (Vampire/Werewolf).  Always wanted to play Changeling.

Deadlands (pre-Savage Worlds edition)

Fantasy Hero, Cyber Hero (both part of the Hero System)

Star Wars d6.  This is still a fav game (never played the d20 versions)

Gurps Conan (not my favorite system)

Star Trek TNG (Last Unicorn Games, not the Decipher rules)

Marvel Universe RPG (not the TSR game)

Lord of the Rings (CODA system, not MERP)

Villains & Vigilantes (my first RPG ever-- in grade school ;))

= = =

Tabletop gaming has been a lifelong hobby for me.  D&D has been the focus. 
/\ Art
Of coure ;):
D&D (Basic, then to 2nd edition and up)

A host of d20 games (one particluar fav is the mini-game Iron Lords of Jupiter from Dungeon Magazine)

Wouldn't mind giving Pathfinder a try eventually.

= = =

Others Include:

Original World of Darkness (Vampire/Werewolf).  Always wanted to play Changeling.

Deadlands (pre-Savage Worlds edition)

Fantasy Hero, Cyber Hero (both part of the Hero System)

Star Wars d6.  This is still a fav game (never played the d20 versions)

Star Trek TNG (Last Unicorn Games, not the Decipher rules)

Marvel Universe RPG (not the TSR game)

Lord of the Rings (CODA system, not MERP)

Villains & Vigilantes (my first RPG ever-- in grade school ;))

= = =

Tabletop gaming has been a lifelong hobby for me.  D&D has been the focus. 

I have this one as well.

The margin notes are written by Bob, Billy, and Harry.  (I think Kirby has a few notes near the back of one of them, too.)

And the game is a blast.  The DM's just moving about 10 hours away, and I don't see it working well as a PBP.

I am both a fan of Fate and Dresden ... I might end up being obligated to purchase - though when I considered first it was too near yule-tide and purchases for self are bad around then.

Gurps is good for pure character design (I have done so then ignored mechanics afterwards) and as a pure resource for inspiration... I have seen and heard lots of purchases of the Gurps books for that alone - The GURPS robinhood book has some very intriguing ideas.

AHH!  I forgot MERP!  That was another high school favorite, before Mythus.  I need to add some Rolemaster in, too; a friend actually ran a mini-campaign back when we were in high school.

I started playing in ... 1981 or 1982, when I was 7 or 8.  Three-ring Basic book with the sorceress and the dragon on the cover.  I still have my first d20.

-O
Off the top of my head.
Played:
D&D 4e
Pathfinder
Gamma World
All Flesh Must Be Eaten
Exalted (not much though, just a tutorial combat)
Vampire
Shadowrun
A handful of homebrew RPGs my friend's made based on Gone with the Blastwave and Fallout and such.
Ninja Burger
Maid RPG

Have the books for but haven't had a chance to play yet:
Aces & Eights 
Sailor Moon 
Don't Rest your Head. 
Mutants and Masterminds
Gurps

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
I think I can manage just a last 10 years list... some may slip in due to my terrible memory.

-D&D (Rules Cyclopedia, 2nd, 3rd, 3.5, and 4th editions)
-Shadowrun (3rd and 4th editions)
-Call of Cthulu (d20 and 6th editions)
-Deadlands (original, d20, and savage worlds editions)
-D20 Modern
-Savage Worlds
-Big Eyes, Small Mouth (2nd, TriStat DX, and 3rd editions)
-Exalted 2nd edition
-World of Darkness (old and new)
-Vampire (both the Masquerade and the Requiem)
-Hunter the Reckoning
-Demon the Fallen
-Marvel Super Heroes
-Pathfinder
-Scion
-HackMaster Basic
-Lord of the Rings (coda)
-Mutants & Masterminds
-Buffy: the Vampire Slayer (edited that one in)

...and also a lot of homebrewed games that gave me some experience with all of White Wolf's other games and the mechanics of the D6 system.

If we go back more than 10 years... I've played everything I could get my hands on, so my list looks more like Seeker's (man, I hope that was Seeker... if not, edit incoming.)

ATTENTION:  If while reading my post you find yourself thinking "Either this guy is being sarcastic, or he is an idiot," do please assume that I am an idiot. It makes reading your replies more entertaining. If, however, you find yourself hoping that I am not being even remotely serious then you are very likely correct as I find irreverence and being ridiculous to be relaxing.

Hm...I've only actively been playing RPGs for about seven years, so I don't exactly have a huge amount of games I've played, but I'll toss my list out into the ring nonetheless.

Games I've Played
D&D 4e
D&D 3.5e
D&D Oriental Adventures (yes, I consider this separate from D&D, if only because it feels like a mutant hybrid of D&D 3.x and L5R)
Big Eyes, Small Mouth (2nd and 3rd Editions Tri-Stat.  Owned the book for d20, never liked or used it)
nWoD (as in, the basic "mortals" game)
nWoD Hunter: The Vigil
oWoD Vampire: The Masquerade (technically, a nWoD/oWoD hybrid homebrew, but we use V:tM concepts, clans, powers, etc. retooled to use concepts from the smoother nWoD system)
Scion
Shadowrun (3rd and 4th Edition)
Legend of the Five Rings (3rd and 4th Edition)
Star Wars SAGA

I also have at least tried character creation for D&D 2e, though it was more my fiance showing me how it was done just to see how I reacted, having learned the game starting with 3.5e; the books are his, and I've never actually gotten to play under the 2e rules.  I also have the books for Changeling: The Lost, but I've never done more than creating characters for it, because most of my gaming group wouldn't really be interested in the game's themes and concepts.  My fiance has also tried to get a few of our group interested in Kayfabe, a game based around the concepts of professional wrestling, but it's not really as interesting to most of us as a game with more action...even for those of us who are wrestling fans.
HERO System/Champions is my other main game.

Outside of D&D and HERO, I know I've played a number of games once or twice, but none of them were really memorable enough for me to be able to dredge out of my cerebellum at the moment.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.

D&D Oriental Adventures (yes, I consider this separate from D&D, if only because it feels like a mutant hybrid of D&D 3.x and L5R)

It is D&D rules in a setting that does not go well with most D&D games. 

for me I have played :
Basic D&D (rules cyclopedia)
AD&D 2nd, Skills and Powers, 3.0, 3.5, 4E
oWoD Vampire (2nd and 3rd editions)
Rifts
Paranoia
Stat Wars (d20 and Saga)
Swashbucklers of the 7 Skies

I have read the rules for, but been unable to get a group together to play :
Eclipse Phase
Dresden Files RPG 
Legend of the 5 Rings
Exalted

Paranoia
Mutants and Masterminds
Gamma World
Various World of Darkness
The Laundry
Starblazer Adventure
A couple of systems that I can't remember the names of

I've also got - but haven't played
Slayers d20
BESMd20
A couple of other World of Darkness games

And if you don't count Pathfinder as D&D...
D&D is, and always have been, my main focus. I played and run games in all editions except 1st (I started with the Red Box set in the early 90ties).

Other than that I have played/run:
- Dark World (Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, Hunter and Mummy; mostly old edition)
- Trinity and Abarant
- Call of Cthulhu (d100 and d20)
- Paranoia
- Deadlands
- Cyberpunk
- MERP and Rolemaster
- Amazine Engine

I own, but have not played the newest edition of Warhammer Fantasy, the RPG were battlemechs and Cthulhu are mixed into one genre and Star Wars Saga.

I am a storyteller at heart, and we rarely play one shots, let alone short campaigns. Our campaigns tend to be long running affairs that run for years. We are still running the same 4E campaign that we started when 4E was released and that is with a weekly game session ;)
In no particular order...

DnD 4e
DnD 3.5e
ADnD 2e
DnD 1e
Pathfinder
Aces N Eights
Doctor Who Adventures in Time and Space
Star Wars D6
Gamma World (newest edition)
FASA Star Trek
Star Trek Prime Directive
Vampire the Masquerade
Mage the Ascension
DC Heroes
Reslute

I can't think of any more though I am sure there are some.

DnD 1e to 4e
Ars Magica
Shadowrun
Gamma World (not the new one)
Call of Cthulhu
Traveler
Marvel Super Heroes
Mutants and Masteminds
Car Wars  

I am both a fan of Fate and Dresden ... I might end up being obligated to purchase - though when I considered first it was too near yule-tide and purchases for self are bad around then.

That's why you ask someone ELSE to purchase it for you at that time.  :P
So I was just kind of musing the other day, like I do pretty often, and I'm wondering how many different RPGs people here have played or run in the last 10 or so years.  Basically, since the release of 3e.

That includes the tail end of my Storyteller experience, including V:tM, M:tA, & W:tA. Tried the nWoD version but didn't much care for it.  Champions! of course, and other games using the Hero System.  An obscure local one called Storyboard.  Shadowrun. Star Wars (WEG d6 version).  Call of C'thulhu.  Serenity. Edge of Midnight.  Gamma World, of course - not just the most recent one, but also the first ed and Omega World.   Most recently tried FATE and Savage Worlds.  (Hmm... in the last 10 years I've managed to avoid GURPS... still feels like I've played it too much, though)

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

Back in '02–'03, we purchased our very first roleplaying book: GURPS Basic Set 3e. We couldn't figure out how to actually play an rpg so we used it to flush out characters for our various books and short stories.

It wasn't until '05 that we finally played a game when someone ran a demo session of HackMaster 4e (which some people call "D&D 2.5") at our store. We were immediately hooked and HackMaster (now in 5e) is still our favorite class- and level-based game and favorite fantasy rpg.

Since then we have played:

• GURPS 4e (our current group's main system)

• BESM 2e and Tri-STat dX

• Open Versatile Anime (more commonly called "OVA")

• Wushu (great for one-shots)

• various World of Darkness games

• a very short-lived d20 Modern game (the GM moved from NC to Texas). I was only willing to play the game (I loathe D&D 3.x and its cousins) because it was run by my best friend.

• various editions of D&D. I refuse to play 3.x except in Neverwinter Nights and will only play older editions with one particular GM. He has been running D&D for longer than the 35 years I've been alive and runs amazing games. For one thing, even with a dozen players, he asks each player what he wants to do this round then calls for attack and damage rolls. He then somehow keeps all of that in mind and narrates that round of combat. It also helps that our families are so close that his granddaughter is our goddaughter. 8o)

• EDIT: Mock reminded me: multiple editions of Shadowrun but it's been a couple of years so I forgot.

• Oh yeah. One or two sessions of an older edition of Star Wars d20.

• The only ones we still play are GURPS 4e (three campaigns and one in development), HackMaster 5e (one campaign with two more in development), and D&D 4e (one campaign and I run Encounters) and sometimes OVA and Wushu for one-shot pick-up games (but I'm planning to try out GURPS Ultra-Lite for the next one I run).

About.me

Drive like you love your children

Through faith you have been saved by grace and not by works. -Ep 2:8-9

Grammar Made Easy – now there's no excuse for sounding like an idiot online.
    Games From the Mind of fewilcox – my blog about writing; games, including, character sheets and other roleplaying accessories; and game design.