Wizzos shoved it down my throat AGAIN! :(

52 posts / 0 new
Last post
I do not play Planewalker format.

I do not want Planeswalker cards.

I was told by Orcs we would get an option to email for the Planeswalker Deck Pack if we wanted one.

I open my account this afternoon, and find a Planeswalker Deck Pack in my collection.

The words I want to say would clearly be a CoC violation, but I feel I have been VIOLATED! AGAIN! 

[expletive deleted] you, WotC! 

I do not wish to participate in this Community Site.

I havent gotten on since downtime yet.  Did this happen to everyone?!?!?!
I havent gotten on since downtime yet.  Did this happen to everyone?!?!?!

From the June 21st announcement:

"Players who do not have a Planeswalker Planeswalker-format cards will be automatically granted the original Planeswalker Deck Pack during the June 29 downtime!"

I asked about this for clarity last week in Support, and the Orc informed me that we would have an option to email in for the deck pack, if we wanted one. I was assured they would not be thrust in our face. 

But noooo.... 

I don't usually agree with Blippy, but this time he's right. . this is pretty ridiculous!  Forcing everyone to have useless cards is a worse idea than the Reserved list
Sounds like another request to implement a card shredder! Preferably one that works on War Marks, I have 4 I don't know what to do with.
^^^^ seconded.
Has anyone tried emailing customer support requesting that they remove them manually?
Has anyone tried emailing customer support requesting that they remove them manually?

Yes. So far, just the boilerplate response of  "we received it".

I encourage everyone else who feels shafted to email CS, as well.

The Really Bad part about this Deck pack is you cannot trade it like the past.  at one point i just moved all the packs to my one junk who cares account...now i can't do this.   I am pretty pissed that i have to have this on my account and cannot get rid of it
Free stuff. Thanks Wotc
i agree, i don't want these either and they're in my account.
Woo hoo! A decent response from Customer Service! And I quote:

"Thank you for contacting us. 

I have informed the Magic Online team that you would like that product removed from your account. 

This process should be completed in the next 24-48 hours.

We're sorry that you did not want this product and we hope this is an acceptable resolution for you."

So at least, they say they're going to remove the Planeswalker Deck Pack. We'll see if it happens.

I wish we could get a diffrent one put on our account if we bought the first one, also have this one moved off one account onto another of our own accounts that we use for planeswalker (since it didn't get one since I already bought it).
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.
Just goes to show that Magic players are the most whiny, entitled nerds ever. "WotC is giving out free cards. A BLOO BLA BLOO! A BLOO BLOO BLOO!"
Just goes to show that Magic players are the most whiny, entitled nerds ever. "WotC is giving out free cards. A BLOO BLA BLOO! A BLOO BLOO BLOO!"

See if they were just free cards i would agree.  But these free cards are only legal in one format, are untradable, and have to be specially worked around in the deck editor screen.  In previous years we have received free avatars and free boosters.  So yeah they kinda said F you guys this time around. 
I like fun, but competitive decks. So I might not play what is optimal but they have normally been tested to have a 2/3 winrate.

But the "free cards" in question aren't really useful as "cards" (playable only in a format that the "whiny ners" aren't interested in playing), and aren't really "free" because to use them for the intended purpose (playing in a planeswalker format tournament) you need to spend additional money to get all the other planeswalker packs to make a competitive deck.

On top of this, they are untradable, and if opened, make the program less functional.
^Totaly agree with the two post's above me. I would have said nothing besides thank you even if we only recieved the darksteel relic.... the losing prize! 
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.
i emailed CS as well to get this removed!  i hope i get the same response you did and get them tremoved.  i also asked the company to never "give" me anything in my account that cannot be traded.

*snip*
But the "free cards" in question aren't really useful as "cards" (playable only in a format that the "whiny ners" aren't interested in playing)
*snip*

Most complaints I see levied against Wizards can be boiled down to. "Why can't WotC only make cards that I like? It's not fair!"

*snip*
But the "free cards" in question aren't really useful as "cards" (playable only in a format that the "whiny ners" aren't interested in playing)
*snip*

Most complaints I see levied against Wizards can be boiled down to. "Why can't WotC only make cards that I like? It's not fair!"

Perhaps reading more would help you understand what people are actually complaining about.
So one day I woke up and there was this big metal ball chained to my leg.

Naturally I complained about it but all they said was "hey you got it for free, so shut up already". I guess they are right and I should just keep my mouth shut. It's not like I get free stuff every day and they might stop giving me free stuff at all if I am too ungrateful...

But then again, I don't want that kind of free stuff do I?
Free Speech
Free speech is the right to speak your mind without government censorship and without fear of extralegal retaliation like harassment or violence. That’s all! Free speech doesn’t include the right to speak your mind on any forum anywhere. The government may not prevent you from speaking, but private parties, like blog owners or corporations, aren’t required to let you use their property as your platform. Free speech doesn’t include the right to be believed or to be taken seriously. People may mock, ridicule or laugh at what you say, or they may reject it outright. Free speech doesn’t include the right to be listened to. People who don’t desire to hear your opinion can hang up on you, block you on social media, change the channel, close the browser tab. Free speech doesn’t give you the right to bombard people with harassing messages or otherwise force them to pay attention to you against their will. And free speech doesn’t include the right to suffer no consequences whatsoever for your expressed opinions.
I am pleased to report that the Planeswalker Deck Pack has been removed from my collection. 

Thanks for the cradz, Wizzez!

Now I just need to make sure that I have a playset of each of those cards and then the "functionality" issues that others are complaining about will be a non-issue.
IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isred.jpg)

Yes. So far, just the boilerplate response of  "we received it".

I encourage everyone else who feels shafted to email CS, as well.

I took this advice and also contacted CS and got this response.
Thank you for contacting us.
As requested, we will gladly remove the Planeswalker Deck Pack from your account. This will be completed within the next 24-48 hours.
We appreciate your patience,

Followed by this,
I've sent you the Planeswalker Deck Pack, please let us know if you have anymore questions.

And sure enough my collection now has two Planeswalker deck packs.
Not sure if i should laugh or cry. 
hahahahahaha....

oh man, that sucks. Double bomb in the ticket tab.
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
I took this advice and also contacted CS and got this response.
Thank you for contacting us.
As requested, we will gladly remove the Planeswalker Deck Pack from your account. This will be completed within the next 24-48 hours.
We appreciate your patience,

Followed by this,
I've sent you the Planeswalker Deck Pack, please let us know if you have anymore questions.

And sure enough my collection now has two Planeswalker deck packs.
Not sure if i should laugh or cry. 

Tongue out It had to happen; Murphy's Law in action. I'd say contact 'em again, and see if you can't end up with 3!?!? 
And while I feel your pain, I literally almost fell off my chair while rocking with mirth!

Now THERE's a great example of Wizards being totally incompetent! 
For a great source of information on the Pauper format check out Pauper's Cage!
Classic wizards, makes me laugh a little.

My forever unfinished blog of the 2010 MTGO Community Cup: if you're ever bored...
yep, they did the same thing to me. after i wrote back, they removed both of them as a "special exception". oh, thanks so much almighty wotc!
My goodness people you really will whine about everything!  Who cares about the pack.

Complaining about things like this belittles all the legitamite issues we want corrected.
We gave up on getting anything with the program fixed, that always leads to "next version" talk.
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

I open the pack already, so if I email them; they'll remove all 490 cards?
I also want the War Mark gone
And I want all those default non-tradable Avatar gone too
And ...

At the very least, give me a trash can to get rid of ANY non-tradable items.

Might wanna hold off on the warmarks. They are making more events for those they claimed. So they equal 6 packs per 5 warmarks. the 6 packs are MD5 and NMS.
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
@homers-duff...
I think not having a way to delete unwanted items is a legitimate issue
I like fun, but competitive decks. So I might not play what is optimal but they have normally been tested to have a 2/3 winrate.
Wotc must love shoving stuff down your throat.
Has anyone been abled to get rid of an opened pack?  I want to join the turny, but being stuck with those cards is killer.
Can't they just make them tradable? I would gladly just let it off at a bot for nothing.
Why don't ppl ever get the reason why these cards are nontradable?
Free Speech
Free speech is the right to speak your mind without government censorship and without fear of extralegal retaliation like harassment or violence. That’s all! Free speech doesn’t include the right to speak your mind on any forum anywhere. The government may not prevent you from speaking, but private parties, like blog owners or corporations, aren’t required to let you use their property as your platform. Free speech doesn’t include the right to be believed or to be taken seriously. People may mock, ridicule or laugh at what you say, or they may reject it outright. Free speech doesn’t include the right to be listened to. People who don’t desire to hear your opinion can hang up on you, block you on social media, change the channel, close the browser tab. Free speech doesn’t give you the right to bombard people with harassing messages or otherwise force them to pay attention to you against their will. And free speech doesn’t include the right to suffer no consequences whatsoever for your expressed opinions.
i have to laugh, i just saw that i now have 2 packs as well after contacting customer service.  i am guessing that someone isnt even reading the emails.  at my job if we did something like this we would be standing in an unemployment line.  this really shows me the dedication of some individuals in this company.  to have a customer ask to have a pack removed and then to only give them one more?  come on guys get with it!
i have to laugh, i just saw that i now have 2 packs as well after contacting customer service.  i am guessing that someone isnt even reading the emails.  at my job if we did something like this we would be standing in an unemployment line.  this really shows me the dedication of some individuals in this company.  to have a customer ask to have a pack removed and then to only give them one more?  come on guys get with it!

WotC, I gots all these Jaces, FoWs, and Vampiric Tutors.  Buts...I don't wants them no more.  Can you haz make them go bye bye??

Yes?

My forever unfinished blog of the 2010 MTGO Community Cup: if you're ever bored...
Wait.. hold on.. at first I assumed that Wizards had added the contents of a Planeswalker pack.  In fact, it's just one single item?

Everyone who complains about this is being ridiculous.  I'm sorry, but you are.  The complaint about Planeswalker cards is that they interfere with deck building.  If they're in an unopened pack, they don't do that.  So what's your complaint?  Wizards gave you a free product that does nothing for you but impacts you negatively in absolutely no way?  Stop looking for things to complain about.  You're making Magic Online players in general (no pun intended) look bad with this kind of behavior.