EDH Scion of the Ur Dragon

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
Im surprised you dont run graveyard recursion like elixir of immortality, to reuse good dragons.

Also: volrath's stronghold does the same more efficiently.

I think the deck has lots of room for finetuning, but I have no other suggestions at this point.

edit: except this one: twilight's call
"And the word my father taught me that evening, the word meaning 'the strongest', was mage." - Tezzeret the seeker, Test of Metal

I don't know why I didn't think of Elixir of Immortality, i just made the change
volrath's stronghold isn't worth it's money value to me, if i can trade for it I will
I had already thought about Twilight's Call, as well as Patriarch's Bidding, but they are never in stock when I check online, and no one has any for trade

Conspiracy?

i ran Conspiracy in there at first, but it didn't help

Quick  inquiry. Say you've had scion copy a Hellkite Overlord and then have Clone come into the battlefield as a copy of the scion neither would go to the graveyard that turn but at the end step when scion returns to normal does the Clone remain a copy of Hellkite Overlord or does it become a copy of Scion of the Ur-Dragon and both die to the legend rule?
It becomes an overlord. its like cloneing a clone. You get whatever creature the first clone copied.
Ah, got some good stuff in here, but here's a few ideas from my own Ur-dragon deck that help me.

GET Nicol Bolas,Planeswalker!!! Trust me, he loves coming out early thanks to the fist. I'd also suggest adding Dragonmaster Outcast as well, mainly cause it's a solid threat in the late game. I'd also personally think about finding some better dragons to replace Vorosh and Oros. The other three are more stand alones, but those two u kinda need to build up around them. Hoard-smelter dragon is an idea to use, as would be some of the other kamagawa dragons.
My EDH deck: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/26329625/Another_Ur-Dragon_deck&sort_order=ASC
i hadn't heard of Feldon's Cane, but i'm in the middle of looking for a Dragon Tyrant as well as Nicol Bolas and Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker.  I'm close to getting the latter one(possibly tomorrow or even today).  The Dragonmaster Outcast is another one I am close to getting off of my friend.  Hoard-smelter Dragon is ok, but the commander community I play in doesn't run many artifacts in their deck, with the exception of Sol Ring, another card I'm trying to get a hold of. (close on this one as well)

Shadowclaw, would you mind posting your Scion deck here, so that i can look at it, if you would, i would appreciate it very much 

Knollspine Dragon, Vampiric Dragon, and Quicksilver Dragon all have some nice abilities.
<a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=243471" rel="nofollow">Dragonspeaker Shaman</a> is made for this deck.
No Sarkhan the Mad?
I'm not a huge fan of the Knight, you have 14 out of 23 creatures it won't apply to.
"Man is made God's plaything, and that is the best part of him. Therefore every man and woman should live life accordingly, and play the noblest games... Life must be lived as play, playing certain games, making sacrifices, singing and dancing..." Plato, The Laws.
If u click on the decklist compendium thread, the first page, like third post is a link area to a bunch of different decks, my Ur-dragon is under the 5-color commander area, with the the thread title I started a while ago, with my name next to it. Hopefully u can find it.
My EDH deck: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/26329625/Another_Ur-Dragon_deck&sort_order=ASC
the knight's just in there for filler.  Dragonspeaker just kept dying whenever i got it out, and it didn't help me when i did.  I'm trying to get a sarkhan the mad, just got to keep looking

thanks shadowclaw
Crucible of Fire?  Maelstorm Nexus?  and how about Eternal Dragon, Fire Dragon and Furnace Dragon?  Sorry if you already have any of these on your list.

I should be getting my crucible of fire soon.  I hate cascade, it usually backfires on me and ends up hurting me instead of helping.  The other dragons would be run if i can get a hold of them

@bortugali- you say Volrath's Stronghold isn't worth its cost; have you played with it yet? I understand opinions on costs, but if you haven't played with it you might want to proxy it and see. But its definitely worth a trade.

Also, I have Sarkan the mad and a Nicol Bolas up for trade (the dragon not the walker- the walkers in a deck).

3DH4LIF3

niheloim, allow me to clarify my previous comment: i don't like paying more than $10 for a single card.  I usually trade to get what i need.  I commented on your trade thread last night, saying what i would like to trade for, but i don't know what i have that  you could possibly want.
niheloim, allow me to clarify my previous comment: i don't like paying more than $10 for a single card.  I usually trade to get what i need.

thats what I figured. I just didn't want you to not consider picking up an awesome card because you hadn't played with it yet and didn't understand how good it is.

I also have some qualms over the pricing on certain cards. Trading almost always feels better... I actually just traded for a Volrath's Stronghold hours before my previous post! Well... it was more like I sold cards to buy it. 

I saw that you posted in my trade thread. I checked yours as well.   

3DH4LIF3

I don't like paying more than $10 for a single card.  I usually trade to get what i need.

Nicol Bolas is one of the best dragons you can have in a Scion deck and the Timeshifted/Chronicles versions can be found for less than a buck.

Last I knew Starcitygames had the FTV Nicol Bolas for $20. Still a hefty price for a card you can get for less than a buck but it gives me shivers when I drop it Laughing Seriously, the art is beautiful
Sign In to post comments