Riku of Many Reflections

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I basically merged Ghave and Riku into a Token deck. That and my love of Warp World has made me attempt to create a deck that makes as much use of extra copies of things as possible.

Goal: As few non-copyable cards as possible. This means most artifacts and legends are out.
Goal: As few non-Warp-Worldable targets as possible. This means any Instants/Sorceries have to be high impact.

So far, the highest-impact move has been using a double Vengeful Rebirth for 15 damage.

So here's the deck:

Riku of Two Reflections

Creatures(32):

[14] Utility Creatures:
Scavenging Ooze
Azure Mage
Elvish Visionary
Tunnel Ignus
Yavimaya Elder
Animar Soul of Elements
Eternal Witness
Fierce Empath
Acidic Slime
Clone Shell
Brutalizer Exarch
Duplicant
Deadwood Treefolk
Artisan of Kozilek

[15]Doubling Targets:
Scute Mob
Cryptoplasm
Phyrexian Metamorph
Obstinate Baloth
Magma Pheonix
Garruk's Packleader
Hydra Omnivore
Inferno Titan
Baloth Woodcrasher
Engulfing Slagwurm
Gaea's Revenge
Simic Sky Swallower
Magmatic Force
Bloodfire Colossus

[8]Token Creating Creatures:
Spawnwrithe
Siege-Gang Commander
Mitotic Slime
Ant Queen
Rapacious One
Rampaging Baloths
Wurmcoil Engine
Hornet Queen
Symbiotic Wurm

[6]Instants:
Reverberate
Spell Crumple
Kodama's Reach
Cultivate
Prophetic Bolt
Gather Specimens

[2]Enchantments:
Awakening Zone
Khalni Heart Expedition

[7]Sorcery:
Savage Twister
Genetic Wave
Explosive Vegetation
Chain Reaction
Vengeful Rebirth
Disaster Radius
Warp World

[1] Planeswalkers:
Garruk's Packleader

[5]Artifacts:
Skullclamp
Sol Ring
Simic Signet
Lightning Greaves
Acorn Catapault

[38]Land:
Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
Khalni Garden
Kazandu Refuge
Copperline Gorge
Rootbound Crag
Evolving Wilds
Temple of the False God
Vivid Grove
Vivid Creek
Rupture Spire
Vivd Crag
Izzet Boilerworks
Gruul Turf
Fungal Reaches
Simic Growth Chamber
Command Tower
[8]Forest
[8]Mountain
[6]Island

Thanks for your attention, I know a lot of people are spamming the same decks lately

Still looking for good ideas. I'm down to approx a quarter of the non-land deck being non-copy targets, and less than that are non-permanents that whiff on Warp World and Genesis Wave

I'm considering putting Teferi in here if I get another copy. Other than that, fire away.
Cryptic Annelid would be really good with your general.

I'd cut Intet, the Dreamer and put in Djinn of Wishes, which can be copied with your general.
Cryptic Annelid would be really good with your general.

I'd cut Intet, the Dreamer and put in Djinn of Wishes, which can be copied with your general.

I'm not sure I care for Cryptic Annelid because it doesn't give me any card advantage other than supposedly improving my next draw. I think I'd rather just draw more to be honest.

The Djinn is a fair suggestion but I feel like he's more mana intensive than he's worth.
I'm running a heavily modified Riku deck.  I've put in a lot of burn, and with Riku, you can literally clear a board pretty effectively.  I'd also maybe put a few cheaper cards in there, burn or not...
I am a level 29 Necro-POSTER! "...And then the cheese came."
Portraying my uncanny eagerness for this format, I'm working on a deck using Riku as well, though with more focus on copying heavy hitting spells. Mirari, Cloven Casting, with some additional abuse via Cast Through Time and Jhoira of the Ghitu.

Though for your token version and really anything using Riku, try Bribery. With this and Riku, there should never be a time you can't do something ridiculous.
http://thedailydungeon.blogspot.com/ My Daily D&D blog - cities, dungeons, NPC's, and more
Portraying my uncanny eagerness for this format, I'm working on a deck using Riku as well, though with more focus on copying heavy hitting spells. Mirari, Cloven Casting, with some additional abuse via Cast Through Time and Jhoira of the Ghitu.

Though for your token version and really anything using Riku, try Bribery. With this and Riku, there should never be a time you can't do something ridiculous.

Bribery is an excellent idea

Small tweak: I got rid of Intet for Mitotic Slime. Lines up with my intentions to remove him eventually anyways.
Firstly you dont have ANY counterspells or cards other than greaves that can protect Riku from removal. I recommend you do something about that, or your games will be bit boring You should also concentrate on bit cheaper creatures that you actually have mana to copy imo.

I own the Riku deck but I havent yet gotten around making a deck out of it.

- Garruk's packleader, + primordial sage

Some ideas..
seedborn muse
splinter twin
crackleburr 
tradewind rider
sakashima the impostor
sower of temptation
gelectrode
razorfin hunter (just to go with crackleburr)

Man-o'-War and
aether adept ( you can return the original to hand with itself and something else with a copy for recurring bounces, while making creatures at the same time. I dont know if this is good enough)

viridian zealot , lets not forget artifact destruction

moderately priced card-draw to copy
ponder
divination
compulsive research
counsel of the soratami
preordain
see beyond

Disaster radius is largely useless in this deck, I didnt even put it in my Mayael big meat deck!

ps. If you want to copy artifacts, theres mizzium transreliquat :D (and of course rarer stuff like copy artifact.

"And the word my father taught me that evening, the word meaning 'the strongest', was mage." - Tezzeret the seeker, Test of Metal
Flipping through my own cards, this could get a little ridiculous using Wild Ricochet. Though it plays more to the first copy spells ability rather than the copy creatures ability, a serious consideration to add in.
http://thedailydungeon.blogspot.com/ My Daily D&D blog - cities, dungeons, NPC's, and more
You can run counterspells (and trade cards 1 for 1 with an opponent while everyone else at the table enjoys some free CA) or protect Riku with stuff like Greaves (until someone plays a Wrath) . . .or you could just play more copy effects.  Ancestral Vision doesn't care whether you copy it with Riku or with Mirari.  And if you happen to end up with more than one copy effect available at once, you can really do silly things.  Though that does require you to pick one side of Riku's abilities (creatures or instants/sorceries) to concentrate on.
Rings of Brighthearth is pretty usefull. Double any planeswalker ability, Riku's copy, and maybe other abilities (like the djinn someone else suggested running).
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
Rings of Brighthearth is pretty usefull. Double any planeswalker ability, Riku's copy, and maybe other abilities (like the djinn someone else suggested running).

Riku's abilities are triggered, not activated. So, no, it doesn't work with the rings.

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.

Riku's abilities are triggered, not activated. So, no, it doesn't work with the rings.

For some reason i thought it said triggered or activated. Brain fart. Thanks.

IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
Rofl... I just realized that Tunnel Ignus is more than hate... it's a kill condition with Warp World. Just thought I'd share >_>
Sign In to post comments