Hottest art in Magic: The Gathering

79 posts / 0 new
Last post
Well we have a creepiest thread, why not a hottest thread? 

What cards have someone that you just love to look at?

I'll start things off with this. My favorite

I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.
I traded a lot of my cards for this!!! yeha i know people said i had the bad end but man could not stop gawking at these cold beuties!!!!!
I always found Bloodhusk Ritualist pleasing to the eye.

There is something appealing about Koth's Courier too.

Blood Tribute has a mesmerizing focal point.

~ Tim

I am Blue/White Reached DCI Rating 1800 on 28/10/11. :D
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Not bad. But what happens flavor wise when one kamahl kills the other one?
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Is algebra really that difficult?
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
You want to make a milky drink. You squeeze a cow.
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
And no judge will ever give you a game loss for playing snow covered lands.
I now have a new goal in life. ;)
Koth of the Hammer is rather nice... ;)

The Brute is pretty sexy, too. Because, you know, female nudity and male nudity are always equivalent regardless of context.
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.

~ Tim

I know exactly what focal point you mean, and I agree completely.
I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.
Venser is pretty good looking.
Vedalken Dismisser
The guy on Halt Order
Cenn's Heir is kinda cute, not exactly hot, but deffinitely huggable.
Kazandu Blademaster
Scion of Oona is pretty sexy, for a bug.
Incandescent Soulstoke is rather handsome (I avoided saying Hot, for the horrible punniness of it).
I would say Sorin Markov, but long hair on men really bugs me.

Riku of Two Reflections is smokin hot, plus bonus (illusionary) twins! Wink

My oh my.  What to do with a thread like this?  I could be snide and say that flamebreak looks pretty hot.  Or, I could give the mathematician's answer and suggest that, being almost entirley black, Word of Command should reach a higher temperature than other art, given identical conditions.  Of course, this just derails the thread and expresses contempt for it.  Not necessarily inacurate, but also not good behavior

I could simply drop the inevitable, required mentions of Earthbind, Vitalizing Cascade and Essence Vortex, but this would be tacky.  I mean, this thread went gender neutral in post 5!  there's no reason to just list the inevitable "as close to nudity as wizards EVER allowed" and leave.

So, I guess I could just answer the question and say that I have a couple favorites: they might not be "hot" but they fit the second line of the OP: someone you just love to look at, and the intent of the target being at least attractive (rather than fascinating and macabre): Invasion Reya Dawnbringer, Susan Van Camp's Elvish Hunter, Melira, Sylvok Outcast... and I guess D'Avenant Archer.  But then I wouldn't be poking fun at the topic, even a little

Then I figured, why not do them all?

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

Koth of the Hammer is rather nice... ;)

The Brute is pretty sexy, too. Because, you know, female nudity and male nudity are always equivalent regardless of context.

well, in agame played mostly by straight teenage boys, it's a given that the first few posts in athread like this are gonna be boobs and butts.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

Pain is a sensation. Sensations are to be enjoyed. I am in ecstasy.

I could simply drop the inevitable, required mentions of Earthbind, Vitalizing Cascade and Essence Vortex, but this would be tacky.  I mean, this thread went gender neutral in post 5!  there's no reason to just list the inevitable "as close to nudity as wizards EVER allowed" and leave.

I know, I can't believe it was that fast. I actually wasn't expecting posts of dudes at all haha. Oh well I guess, to each his own. 
I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
@Mayamyth:

Heeeey, what've you got against guys with long hair? [crosses arms, pouts]

A surprising number of the Flamekin--both male and female--are quite attractive, though. I completely forgot about them, but despite being so inhuman there's something... undeniably... OH GOD I GIVE UP

They just have this smouldering intensity to them that's really hot, almost like they burn with some inner passion! I get all steamed up just looking at them!

...I really wanted to avoid those puns, but the longer that paragraph ran the more hopeless it became. I apologize to everyone.

@Szat:

You picked the best possible option! :D

Also, agreed on the Invasion art of Reya. It's interesting because she's definitely attractive, but beyond that the art manages to convey a certain depth of character that I always wished someone had expanded upon. Hm. Maybe she deserves an Expanded Multiverse story... I'll have to think about that.

@Saprolang & Platinum Mr Plow:

I... may have been partly trolling with my post, and lampooning of some of the more ridiculous assertions from the recent Women In Card Art thread... >_>

It's nice to see that I'm not the only one posting male artwork, though. I feel like it's good to periodically remind people that not only straight guys play magic. ;) And I do genuinely think Koth is pretty hot.

The Brute... [koff] Not so much.

Also, what card did the original art of Censored come from? They still won't reveal the full piece of art, if I remember correctly... The original card was the one of the blue robed woman holding a skull with glowing eyes, facing the viewer. Anyone know which one I'm talking about?
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
@Mayamyth:

Heeeey, what've you got against guys with long hair? [crosses arms, pouts]

Hey, to each their own, whatever floats your boat, etc., etc.

I just don't find it attractive is all. It could be the military influence in me, I dunno.

A surprising number of the Flamekin--both male and female--are quite attractive, though. I completely forgot about them, but despite being so inhuman there's something... undeniably... OH GOD I GIVE UP

They just have this smouldering intensity to them that's really hot, almost like they burn with some inner passion! I get all steamed up just looking at them!

...I really wanted to avoid those puns, but the longer that paragraph ran the more hopeless it became. I apologize to everyone.

This is exactly the kind of thing I had to fight the urge to post.

I know, I can't believe it was that fast. I actually wasn't expecting posts of dudes at all haha. Oh well I guess, to each his own. 

Surprised me too. I was fully expecting post after post of bewbage.

@Mayamyth:

I only complained because I have kind of absurdly long hair. :P Even my hair objects to it... it keeps showing its displeasure by strangling me in my sleep.

I'm glad you had greater fortitude against punning than I did.

Jhoria of the Ghitu has always been one of my favorites... she's just so adorably New Wave. She looks like she listens to Siouxie Sioux. And like she would punch you in the face if you ticked her off. What's not to love?

I've noticed a distinct correlation between art that I find hot and whether or not you can get a reading on the depicted individual's personality... I find that rather interesting.

Also, what card did the original art of Censored come from? They still won't reveal the full piece of art, if I remember correctly... The original card was the one of the blue robed woman holding a skull with glowing eyes, facing the viewer. Anyone know which one I'm talking about?

Keeper of the Mind.  Even weak google-fu can find at least a small image of the uncensored art.  It's... well, wizards is just being paranoid about law ninjas, frankly.

Incidentally, the same google-fu (same artist) turned up a tall version of Invasion Reya

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

Damn. The skirt and bare midriff are normally something I would complain about but... there's something about her expression that propels the painting beyond cheesecake and into the realms of interesting character study.

I mean, she actually looks like someone who has been touched by divinity.

...Or maybe I've been looking at too many Byzantine murals. >_>

And yeah, wow, Keeper of the Mind is kinda tame compared to some of the stuff already posted here. Oh well, different eras, different art directors, I suppose.
I dunno if I would call it "Hot" but as far as female art goes, one of my favorite recently is Dawnglare Invoker.

There's nothing really unabashedly sexy about it, but she has beautiful lines, and a lovely face. There's also a real sense of power, but not in a way that detracts from her femeninity and grace. It all adds up to a really stunning piece.

It's such a nice image, I wish it had gone for a more impressive card.

~ Tim

I know exactly what focal point you mean, and I agree completely.

I actually find myself physically tilting the card about 45 degrees when its in my hand.

~ Tim

I am Blue/White Reached DCI Rating 1800 on 28/10/11. :D
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Not bad. But what happens flavor wise when one kamahl kills the other one?
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Is algebra really that difficult?
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
You want to make a milky drink. You squeeze a cow.
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
And no judge will ever give you a game loss for playing snow covered lands.
I now have a new goal in life. ;)
I have a feeling I'm going to get flamed and bashed for this, but I've always found Jace, the mind sculptor exceptionally hot, okay, maybe its just Jace in general. Heck, I even used that picture and glazed it onto a plate.

Though on the flame side the first time I saw She of Flaming Hair and goggles I couldn't help but just kinda have a thing for her. I keep forgetting she is on my list.

Beyond that I would have to take more time to look some up, havn't done that in a while since my current "Magic Card Lover" is Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger. Yeah, I'm awesome. Though I'm surprised I havn't seen Norn or Sheoldred in this thread yet. LOL
I like that guy in that one Plains art from Odyssey.

I'm not a big fan of Mindsculptor's art, but I think that's because I don't like the color organization as much. Because I'm an art history dork. [sigh]

I like Cloud Jace, though... but I also watch too much anime. So, again, [sigh]

...Was not expecting to see Vorniclex here, though. 0_o
I've always thought Stoneforge Mystic was quite pretty. Ditto for Dawnstrider. I also agree with the aforementioned Jhoira of the Ghitu.

I feel that Blood Tribute deserves another mention because, hey, nice vampire butt. Lin Sivvi's backside also looks quite nice in the art for Restock.
Hoard of Notions: Cards and general design musings from yours truly.

...Was not expecting to see Vorniclex here, though. 0_o

LOL, okay, so I don't really find him 'Hot' I just have to admire a man who can gnaw on brains while slowly playing with a person's heart (I've been saying that since the first leaked image of him). He is the only reason why I have ANY love for Phyrexia, it is still a small love, but its better than my undying hate from before meeting him.

Of course I only brought up him cause everyone was talking about the Flame-Kin, cause the only Flame-Kin I find hot is a Cinder.

I guess I really need to go through and look at some 'hot' card images, havn't done it in a while, Still all for Jace though, in all forms. Even the "Zack Fair hair" Memore adapt version.
Fair enough. :P

Elish Norn does have a kind of horrific grace about her, actually...

And... my girlfriend wants to cosplay her. So. There's that. I'm honestly not sure what that says about her, or about me. Probably nothing good.

Also, I find it interesting that everyone here who has posted males has also posted females.

Also, I find it interesting that everyone here who has posted males has also posted females.

As I see it, if we (those of us interested in male art) want to be included in threads like this, we may as well set the tone with being all inclusive ourselves.

Here, have Rafiq of the Many and Basandra, Battle Seraph

Sorin Markov
Is pure sex on legs.
And... my girlfriend wants to cosplay her. So. There's that. I'm honestly not sure what that says about her, or about me. Probably nothing good.

I demand pictures be taken when this happens. I also demand they be posted here.
^

hi igor-you are one of the best artists in magic! any appearances/conventions that will bring you to the US? are you attending next months San Diego Comic-con?
Has nobody mentioned Jaya Ballard, Task Mage?

Smokin' 
IMAGE(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/Gaara48180/384_KalastriaHighborn.jpg)

IMAGE(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/Gaara48180/ScarsMirrodinEtchedChampion.jpg)

tons more... those two at the top of my head.
...Aaaand now we have our first robot! Awesome!

@Manamyth:

If inspiring people to be inclusive is what we were going for, I think we succeeded. :P

@His Master's Voice:

If we manage to pull that off, pictures will DEFINITELY be posted, trust me.
Hottest?  Jaya is already in that position in more ways than one, but I've thought Saffi Eriksdotter had a nice butt.  And from the flavor text, that's probably the last thing the rest of her party ever saw...

For most adorable though, Urza's Saga Confiscate with young Jhoira and Teferi's fart-bauble.  

Even more so, Kiss of the Amesha, I swear that is Natalie Portman.

Etched Champion is one of my favorite Magic art pieces of all time.  Cool, yes, but not hot.  At least not sexually so.  It's a Soldier, but that's where it stops.

My favorite new contender for Hot is the Richard Whitters Chandra.  It appeared on the backs of tip cards around the Alara era and i'm not sure where one might find them on the internet.  Someone could find it...?
Aarrgh, he just hit me in the nards with a TV DINNER! -actual phone conversation
122343719 wrote:
I can't really understand people that just go along with the school, job, marrige, kids type goals in life because that is what they think is right. If people want those things they should want them because it makes them happy. I had an ex like that, she wanted those things because her family and her peers all wanted those things. Thinking for yourself is one of the greatest things you are capable of.
500th post- 3/15/11 1000th post- 4/7/12
Ok posting again since i only posted for females its male time!!! i have 2
Gerrard capashen his card that was done by brom and any version of him done by terese nielsen is HOT!!
And the new gideon jura we see when we got to the mgic site his orig card art was just awfull. 
I have a babes theme-deck listed here: forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t...
It's plays decently well. And I'm never bored staring at my hand =p

Favorites would be Akroma, Angel of FuryShelter, Jasmine Boreal, Reversal of Fortune, the JaceVSChandra version of Chandra Nalaar, Krosan Restorer and Bramblewood Paragon.

#1: Haru-Onna =)
This thread is relevant to my interests, seeing that Jeremy Jarvis is doing one heck of a job with MtG's art direction, catering for both who like them female arts and male arts.... Laughing Just picking off from the recent expansions.

Rafiq of the Many (this guy is so manly, I can't even...)
Puresteel Paladin (DEM ABS)
Garruk, Primal Hunter (I never knew I would find him hot... thanks D. Alexander Gregory :D )
Lifelink
Crimson Mage (Yeah, judge me...)
Koth of the Hammer

I'm looking forward to more arts from Jeremy Jarvis' art direction... > v <
 Since everyone has been posting males and females the two I feel are the hottest are:

Male: Rafiq of The Many  and
Female: Angelic Destiny

Here is a bigger version from Arcana: media.wizards.com/images/magic/daily/wal...
I'm surprised no one has put this yet, but my personal favorite is Vectis Agents .
not hot, not a accurately defined gender, but i still love this artwork^^:

the old eatern paladin by carl critchlow!!!!
refer to my avatar. I have no clue why either.

Also, Saffi Eriksdotter
Photobucket
Angelic Destiny  for the win. Amazingly hot without trying to push the line between sexy and pornography, if that makes any sense. Also, the entire piece is easily my favorite art in Magic. Jaw-dropping.

Aegis Angel  is attractive in a very unique way. She looks like someone who has it all figured out.

Anyone for the girl in Kor Sanctifiers, or am I crazy?
Master Transmuter is a must-have.

And some like Rimewind Cryomancer.
Sign In to post comments