Golem Poliferate

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thinking about making a golem spawning poliferate deck. Idea is to use poliferate to pump them out faster. heres a few idea cards:
Blade Splicer, Titan Forge, Unwinding Clock, Master Splicer, Golem Foundry maybe a throne of geth with an ichor wellspring
Running out of ideas as far as strickly poliferate cards go, havent yet decided what other color to go with, depends on whats out there for cards. Any ideas would be great. I know theres a few blue draw/poliferate cards, and then [C] Inexorable Tide[/C]
most golem decks now'adays are run with Precursor Golem. I've ran a deck without it though and it seemed to work in a casual multiplayer game pretty well.. Anyway, if you do go with Precursor be sure to go with Asceticism as well.
Surge Node is a great card for this sort of thing. You can cheaply and easily double the number of counters you're putting on things with one of them.

Everflowing Chalice is a must-have for any proliferate deck. Surge Node helps make it insane.

Contagion Clasp is often the proliferation engine of choice, as it can also work as a form of removal.

Tezzeret's Gambit has no business not being in a proliferate deck.

Viral Drake is quite powerful. It's the only card with proliferate as an activated ability that doesn't require tapping.
most golem decks now'adays are run with Precursor Golem. I've ran a deck without it though and it seemed to work in a casual multiplayer game pretty well.. Anyway, if you do go with Precursor be sure to go with Asceticism as well.

Vital Splicer is another option.

Even then, I hate Precursor golem in a golem deck.  In fact, I'd never play precursor golem.  Any removal is an instant board wipe and you can't afford that.  I'd consider Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas in this kind of deck.  He digs up more artifacts for you, he can bring the beats faster, and makes a great proliferate target.  Blue/Black would be the best color combo if you really want to focus on proliferate.  Throne of Geth plus Mycosynth Wellspring lets you splash white and green for their splicers very easily, while you can keep Grim Affliction and Spread the Sickness for removal plus proliferate.