Wild Stax

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
I Love Stax always have, and this thread got me thinking what other way besides black, white, and blue variants I can use to abuse this deck, i was rummaging through my decks for ideas when i came across kai budde's wildfire decked it occured to me with the fast mana accleration, lock pieces with the addition of (Umbilicus I can reset my tangle wires or bounce my stax to save my own hide) + getting a Covetous Dragon or Karn, Silver Golem for artifact beat down with a slice of Wildfire to wipe the board and seal the deal. I honestly think that red is the best suit for stax. I present to you all

WILD STAX

Land/Mana: 34
4 Crystal Vein

4 Ancient Tomb
4 City of Traitors
4 Gilded Lotus
2 Grim Monolith
2 Metalworker
3 Seething Song

11 Mountains

Lock Pieces: 17

Trinisphere
4 Tanglewire
Chalice of the Void
3 Umbilicus
4 Smokestack

Win: 9
4 Wildfire
4 Covetous Dragon
1 Karn, Silver Golem

With artifacts used for mana you won't need the usage of Crucible of Worlds, you'll have total board control and a flying 6/5 dragon who can survive a wildfire or Karn for beats Please let me know what u guys think and try it out!
Bump
The only problem I'm seeing is that you're not taking full advantage of Smokestack like most Stax varients would. The permanent advantage provided by Crucible is pretty powerful in combination with Smokestack. 

Other than that, looks good. I remember playing against a copy of the original deck after it won Worlds. Give it some playtesting, and see how it goes.
Hey diddle diddle, the cat and the fiddle, the cow jumped over the moon. The little dog laughed to see such sport, And the Dish ran away with the Spoon. He ran from conviction, and fed his addiction as the Dish heated the Spoon... The Spoon begged to go, but the Dish shouted : "NO!!" "The heroin will be ready soon!" "Any time doing the right thing is funny as hell, it's probably Chaotic Good." IMAGE(http://i46.tinypic.com/2jcu9fs.png)