Best Precon Commander Decks

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
In your opinon, how would you rank(1-5) each commander deck (Devour for Power, Mirror Mastery, CounterPunch, Political Puppets and Heavenly Inferno)?
Devour for Power
Political Puppets (haven't seen it in action yet but stories are good)
Counterpunch
Heavenly inferno (haven't seen it in action yet, this and mirror mastery may switch)
Mirror Mastery (although it has awesome generals)
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project

Yeah i would rank them

Devour for Power
Heavenly Inferno
Mirror Mastery
Political Puppets
Counterpunch (haven't played with this one yet)

Devour for Power
Political Puppets (haven't seen it in action yet but stories are good)
Counterpunch
Heavenly inferno (haven't seen it in action yet, this and mirror mastery may switch)
Mirror Mastery (although it has awesome generals)

I agree. Devour for power is one of the most balanced decks availible. Political puppets is annoying as anything.

Though, I recently had a match involving all 5 decks

Counterpunch (Deneb, the harvester) won, followed by Devour for power (The mimeoplasm), Heavenly inferno(Kaala of the vast), Mirror mastery(Riku of two reflections), and Political puppets (Zedru the Greathearted) was the first person gone. The battle litterally was intense tillt he very last turn, counterpunch only barely surviving by sacrificing creatures for life to withstand the last hit.

RPGtable username : RTiger

although counterpunch is weakest in value i found ghave to be a monster for a commander.
Political Puppets is hard to play, but I'd say it is the best deck with what is probably the best General.  It just takes a lot of skill.

And it has the best money cards.  Bonus!
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
Devour.
Political.
Mirror.
Heavenly.
Counter. 

Political does have big money cards, but Devour definitely got the most value in reprints. 
Devour is the best, counter punch probably the worst from the games ive seen.  Political,mirror, and heavenly all in the middle.
I like fun, but competitive decks. So I might not play what is optimal but they have normally been tested to have a 2/3 winrate.
Sign In to post comments