Is there still a forum to look for local gamers?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
About 4-5 years ago, there was a forum (or group of forums) on the Wizards of the Coast site to find players or to join a group in your local area. It was divided by geographic region (a few major cities, and then states and regions of countries for less populous areas).

I found my last D&D group there.

Problem is, the group fell apart, and I haven't had a group in more than 3 years. Would love to find a new one, but can't find anyone. I've been looking for a forum on the site for a couple of weeks, just flipping through here and there, doing keyword searches, so far nothing. I feel like if its still there I should be able to see it, but I'm drawing a blank.

If there is a forum, on-line message board, etc. I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could post a link for me. If it matters, I'm in Canada.
community.wizards.com/go/forum/view/7585...

Not sure why they made it so hard to find, but there you go.
Boraxe wrote: "Knowledge of the rules and creativity are great attributes for a DM, but knowing when to cut loose and when to hold back, when to follow the rules and when to discard them, in order to enhance the enjoyment of the game is the most important DM skill of all." Keeper of the Sacred Kitty Bowl of the House of Trolls. Resident Kitteh-napper.

Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for.

www.meetup.com may have something for you too.  I've found quite a few groups through there as well.