Help me choose!

Hey folks!

Does anyone of you have Secrets of Tatooine (D20) and Galaxy Guide: Mos Esley (WEG)? If I'm only looking for fluff and informations, which one is the most useful?   I'm using Saga and I'm looking for the best sourcebook about Tatooine, but I don't have enough space on my shelf for two more booksFrown
It depends on what time you have your setting in. Naturally the Galaxy Guide was written before the prequel movies were released, so the information there will be limited in that respect. Not to mention there are a few oddities in WEG Tatooine info, such as a Squib named Mace Windu.

Secrets of Tatooine has good info about pod racing, and a bit more historical background that is congruent with modern continuity.

Though if you are just looking for fluff, I might suggest www.wookieepedia.com That place includes almost every bit of info in any gaming book from any company. In a way it's sometimes annoying because they don't separate spoilers from adventures or stories for that matter.

Halber
As Halberkill says, pretty much everything from both those books will have found its way onto Wookieepedia by now. Perhaps not in quite as much detail, but still ...
"Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in mind."

~ David G. Allen

Secrets of Tatooine is VERY information dense.  I really liked what they did there.  The maps are also fantastic.  I have a complete run of WEG material as well, I have to say, SoT beats out GG7, if you can only have one.  But, as other posters have mentioned, neither book has info that you can't really just find on the wook.  (If you don't have the Essential Atlas, that would be a better pick-up.)
Keith "Nar" Kappel Co-founder, writer, editor Fandom Comics: Home to the Clone Wars Saga Edition Fan Sourcebook, perfect fan supplement to The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
Thanks for the replies! SoT will be my first choice.

Hey NarCranor, can I ask your advice about something? I have all the Saga Books and some WEG supplements also. With the Essential Atlas (I love this book so much!) and some others Essential Guides, It became clear that I don't need two shelfs of SW for my gaming need.

Which books would you "save" and wich would you drop?

- The Star Wars Roleplaying Game: Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook (Special edition)
-
Cracken's Rebel Field Guide
-
Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters
-
Galaxy Guide 9: Fragments from the Rim
-
Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy
-
Imperial Sourcebook
-
Rebel Alliance Sourcebook

Thanks for the replies! SoT will be my first choice.

Hey NarCranor, can I ask your advice about something? I have all the Saga Books and some WEG supplements also. With the Essential Atlas (I love this book so much!) and some others Essential Guides, It became clear that I don't need two shelfs of SW for my gaming need.

Which books would you "save" and wich would you drop?

- The Star Wars Roleplaying Game: Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook (Special edition)
-
Cracken's Rebel Field Guide
-
Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters
-
Galaxy Guide 9: Fragments from the Rim
-
Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy
-
Imperial Sourcebook
-
Rebel Alliance Sourcebook

My two cents Tongue out:

• D6 2E R&E - keep that! If you ever wanna switch systems, you're gonna need it.

• GG6 is one of the (if not the) 'Holy Grail' D6 books. I'd keep it, but you could probably also get some nice cash for it, if a Tramp Freighters campaign is not your bag.

• I found the Imperial Sourcebook and Rebel Sourcebook to be pretty vital. Sure, much of the history sections have been invalidated by later continuity, but... all those vehicles! A very engaging read, too, both of these.

• Movie Trilogy Sourcebook (Special Edition) - hmm... on the one hand, you've got stats for a lot of characters you may never use. But on the other, you have species templates for all of them! Then, there are other ships and creatures and stuff... yeah, I'd keep it. I also must give special mention to the first, non-'Special Edition' version of this book - again, some of it has been paved over by the prequels, but it's just so well-written... I can sit back and read this one like a novel!

72ccb3a99f297b7624ecac31e26f7921.png?v=33480
Star Wars: Tapestry
 - a play-by-post campaign for everyone... good OR evil!

My advice is to buy another bookshelf.  I'm not all that helpful in this regard.  I have a complete run of WEG and WOTC RPG products, not to mention a complete run of Star Wars novels, comics and reference books. 

That said, since you already own the product, I don't see anything wrong with "making" a digital copy for your own private use, and putting many of your books into storage, and creating a virtual Star Wars bookshelf.  Some enterprising individuals (I have heard) have made digital copies of their Saga Edition books and then added official erratta into it. 

Anyway, I don't envy your position.  I have 3 six foot tall bookshelves, 1 3 footer, a desk hutch, and some comic long boxes that pretty much only store Star Wars content in my office.  I can understand that is too much space for many people to dedicate, but I'm not sure I could bear getting rid of any of it.
Keith "Nar" Kappel Co-founder, writer, editor Fandom Comics: Home to the Clone Wars Saga Edition Fan Sourcebook, perfect fan supplement to The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
Damn it!

Yeah, I must confess these WEG books are great....Even the Cracken's Rebel Field Guide is fun to read!