Viable COMPETITIVE extended Combo.

1 post / 0 new
Soo, i've been locked away not looking at anything else going on in the world of magic pretty much since Semblance Anvil was printed, and i've come up with the following combolicious deck that has performed well against everything i've thrown at it.  I'd like people to toy with it, see if it really is competitive or if i'm crazy, and to run out their combo-producing creativity to see how much more broken this could become.

10 island
10 swamp

Blightsteel Colossus
2 Thopter Assembly
2 Kuldotha Forgemaster

4 Semblance Anvil
4 Ichor Wellspring
4 Kaleidostone
4 Prophetic Prism
3 Time Sieve
4 Spell Pierce
Fabricate
4 Tumble Magnet

If you don't get the combo--it's really straightforward.  Semblance anvil means you have lots of cantriping artifacts, a small delaying suite, and one simple goal--throw down (in one turn) either a kuldotha with a spell to protect it or a time sieve infinite-turns combo, set off said combo using other artifacts, and rinse/repeat using thopter assembly.  I've found that this deck performs best versus aggressive strategies, while being quite weak only to variants of caw-blade, a weakness that should be safe enough considering how much everything else is gunning for caw-blade.  What I like best about this deck is that it does not really care what your opponent does--provided you can land a semblance anvil at some point early on (or even if you can't) the deck takes off very quickly, oftentimes going infinite by the 5th or 6th turn.  Now, while this might seem a bit slow for Extended combos, The sideboard is all the magic and this list was tested before the release of all the New Phyrexia goodness, certain free draw spells which could greatly help this deck's odds.  Have at it--be mean, be nice, but at least try it out as a deck before you trash it.
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.