Should I Sleeve my Cards?

34 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi,

So I just got the new Deckbuilders Toolkit, and I had some other intro packs laying around that hadn't been used in years (I Believe it was tenth edition). And I saw some card sleeves at my local gaming store. I like to see the back of the magic card, but that is no problem as the sleeves are transperant on both sides. But I also like the feel of the magic card, as you shuffle, or just go through them. But on the other hand, when you use sleeves, your cards will damage less. But when you use sleeves, you have to get seperate deckboxes to put your decks in. And those cost money as well.

So I'd like to hear your advice: Should I sleeve my cards, or only my decks, or any option I didn't mention?

Thanks in advance

I honestly should sleeve my cards, but I usually don't. I've never gotten used to the feel of shuffling sleeved cards. But I have some decks with some truely beat to hell cards because I've had these decks since the Clinton administration and never sleeved them.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

Sleeve it if you and only you care about your pristine image of your own cards, or are looking to trade them in the future.

Don't sleeve it if you and only you don't care about the pristine image of your cards, and you are going to keep them forever.

Sleeve only the cards you use most.

Don't sleeve the cards you never use.  Air and the environment won't damage your cards.  Sleeving unused cards is a waste of money.

Don't listen to those who say sleeve it, because your cards will get damaged blah blah.  It is up to you to decide if you want to keep the mint condition of the cards intact or not.  It is up to you to decide if you want to sell them, or keep them.  If you want to sell them or trade them away, keep in mind that it will cost more the more "mint" the card is.  I never sleeved my foil oros, the avenger because I thought it would be a waste when I don't even touch it anyway.  Now it is in one of those 9 pocket binders.

I decided to not sleeve my older cards, because I felt that I didn't care about the conditions of my cards, but I now sleeve my new ones because I care about the condition of my cards.  My older cards are just sitting in a box and not used anymore, and I still have posession and never even once decided to sell or trade them away.

Sleeving cards is like buying auto insurance.  Auto insurance is a ripoff if you seldomly drive your car.
Nah Nah Nah... Nah Nah Nah... SPORTSCENTER... THE PLACE FOR SPORTS
I feel that one should always sleeve cards.  The first time some yahoo spills coffee, soda, or beer on your cards you'll convert.  Sleeves aren't a full proof against all damage, but they cut it down significantly.
STEP 1: Find your cousin STEP 2: Get your cousin in the cannon STEP: 3 Find another cousin
Sleeve anything worth more than a dollar and anything in a deck if you want to be able to trade them later.
Sol RingColorless mage? Join the Artificer's Group!Sol Ring

Also, If you play MTG in San Diego, join the San Diego players group here.

I would suggest you sleeve:

- all cards you play with in decks
- all rares
- chase commons/uncommons (Mental Misstep, Path to Exile, etc)
- all foils

If you dont, you could very easily come to regret it in the future.

~ Tim
I am Blue/White Reached DCI Rating 1800 on 28/10/11. :D
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Not bad. But what happens flavor wise when one kamahl kills the other one?
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Is algebra really that difficult?
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
You want to make a milky drink. You squeeze a cow.
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
And no judge will ever give you a game loss for playing snow covered lands.
I now have a new goal in life. ;)
I would suggest you sleeve:

- all cards you play with in decks
- all rares
- chase commons/uncommons (Mental Misstep, Path to Exile, etc)
- all foils

If you dont, you could very easily come to regret it in the future.

~ Tim

Lol, I use those penny sleeves to jam 8 or 9 cards into them, and I just toss those into a box haha.  It is totally magical how I don't sleeve my cards, but yet they are still in decent condition.  How do I ever do that?  I remember using my odyssey theme decks a lot, and the cards are still in decent condition, maybe a little nick on the edge of the card, but that is probably it.  The only reason for me to sleeve my cards is so that I don't get any mana clumps when I shuffle.
Sleeve 'em. Cards are worth money when in NM condition and sleeves are cheap. Shuffling with protectors is actually easier once you get used to it, as the protectors slide past each other very smoothly. You will not like the damage you do to expensive cards to save $5. 
You know those 100 pack penny sleeves that look like flat plastic bag things?  Buy only ONE pack of those.  And buy enough packs of those expensive ones to sleeve the many decks you use.

Now why do you only want to buy ONE pack of penny sleeves and NOT the amount of penny sleeves equal to your valuable cards?  ONE penny sleeve can fit 10 cards.  Multiply that by 100 and you fit 1000 cards.  Use those penny sleeves to store your unused rares.  If you do it my way, it be a 900 sleeve difference, and you save 9 bucks, and that is 2 boosters, or $9 in singles.

The point I am making is, don't overdo it.  Don't waste money protecting stuff that doesn't need any protecting.  Rares and valuable cards are fine as long as you don't touch them.  If it is in a box, unsleeved, air and the environment won't corrode them, so sleeving them is a waste of money.  If you are too worried about it, as I said, a penny sleeve can fit 10ish cards.  Sleeving each unused rare individually is a waste, even for penny sleeves.

Hence my analogy to auto insurance.  You be a fool if you buy auto insurance, but yet you don't drive your car.  It only happens if some buffoon decides to purposely scratch your car and damage it while it is parked in your driveway.  Same thing goes when someone you know, or despise, goes into your room and rip your rares to shreds, but alas, even sleeves don't help from those people who have a grudge against you, and rip your collection to shreds.
Lol, I use those penny sleeves to jam 8 or 9 cards into them, and I just toss those into a box haha.

The cards I am not using arent sleeved at all, unless they are rares/foils. I have thousands of commons and uncommons unsleeved in boxes and on shelves.

It is totally magical how I don't sleeve my cards, but yet they are still in decent condition.  How do I ever do that?

We have reached the point where it is understood that you are... an anomaly when it comes to... basically everything. Whether that is how you play, how you collect, how you store your cards... anything. I dont imagine anyone here expects your experiences to be at all typical for anyone else. You are such a special case that the same rules of well... anything, dont apply to you.

Please dont take offense, as none is intended.

~ Tim

I am Blue/White Reached DCI Rating 1800 on 28/10/11. :D
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Not bad. But what happens flavor wise when one kamahl kills the other one?
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Is algebra really that difficult?
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
You want to make a milky drink. You squeeze a cow.
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
And no judge will ever give you a game loss for playing snow covered lands.
I now have a new goal in life. ;)
Thanks guys for the support!

I've decided to just sleeve my decks, and I can still experience the nice touch of an un-sleeved magic card when I browse through my non-used cards!

The only thing, is that now I cant use my awesome boxes for un-sleeved cards, but I guess I'll have to get over that :P.
You might be able to. I fit one of the Commander decks back into the box it came in after sleeving it, and I didn't even have to force it much. Mind you, the box won't close anymore...
blah blah metal lyrics
Lol, I use those penny sleeves to jam 8 or 9 cards into them, and I just toss those into a box haha.

The cards I am not using arent sleeved at all, unless they are rares/foils. I have thousands of commons and uncommons unsleeved in boxes and on shelves.

It is totally magical how I don't sleeve my cards, but yet they are still in decent condition.  How do I ever do that?

We have reached the point where it is understood that you are... an anomaly when it comes to... basically everything. Whether that is how you play, how you collect, how you store your cards... anything. I dont imagine anyone here expects your experiences to be at all typical for anyone else. You are such a special case that the same rules of well... anything, dont apply to you.

Please dont take offense, as none is intended.

~ Tim

You know that everybody can have a perfect condition card for more than 5 years, and that card never ever was in a sleeve.  It isn't hard to grasp that your cards won't get damaged if you don't touch it.  I rarely touch half my cards, and if I did, I only touch them to look at them.  I ensure that my hands are clean... enough, before I even touch my own cards.  I don't get why some people have to be bent out of shape and tell others to sleeve ALL their rares, even if they don't even touch them half the time.  The extra sleeves are better off with cards that are more important to be protected, like I don't know, cards that undergo rigorous shuffling and handling.

What you sleeve is based of how much you handle your cards, and not the rarity.  A rare card won't damage itself over time.

Speaking of which, I have a few odyssey boosters, that I cracked opened, carefully so that the booster packaging till makes a card pocket, and I just sift through the 15 cards, and carefully slide the cards back in the wrapper.  I purchased and opened that thing in 2004ish.  that is 7 years ago, and the cards within are still fine.  No scratches.  My cousin has a pack of 4th edition starter, and the cards look pretty mint, and he has that pack since 1995.  The cares within weren't even sleeved.

Since I only use theme decks, I tend to have 8 packs of magic art sleeves.  I will buy only 2 of the 5 intro packs as they come out, but when an intro pack is a year old, it retires, and is replaced by the set that is roughly a year from its release.  So when NPH was released, I bought Devouring Skies and Life for Death, and I retired my Levelers scorn and Eldrazi Arisen decks.  I unsleeved my ROE decks, and use those same sleeves to sleeve my NPH decks.  If in an event that I feel like using my ROE decks again, I just play with them bare, but mostly and typically, I will handle my NPH cards more.  One, that has 2 decks, doesn't really need more than 4 packs of 50 pack sleeves.  Only paranoid people who are afraid of touching their own cards should probably need over 200 individual sleeves.

It is roughly a month when my Blue mana and Red mana sleeves stop protecting my Power of Prophecy and Breath of Fire cards, and will start to protect the M12 intro packs, much lke how my Zendikar island and Kargan sleeves stopped protecting mY ROE decks and are now protecting my NPH decks.  The only time I do buy new packs of sleeves is when my old sleeves get damaged.

My "retired" decks will probably stay in great condition for many years to come, provided I don't take them out again.

Unlike most magic players who spends more than $260 a year, that is the cost of 20 intro packs at MSRP, I buy one of each intro pack, and rather than taking them apart and combing two of them to build the best deck, I keep my intros intact, and retire them, as I said before, after a year.  I can then get people, who typically who don't play magic, and have no plans on starting their own deck, to play and still have 2 roughly balanced decks.  Since I only buy 2 of the 5 from each set, I always have 8 ready to use sleeved intro packs that I can lend to anybody to use to face me in a duel.  That way, I can still play the game, without having to force the other person to spend cash on their own deck.  Just think of my way of playing magic as the same way as how Uno or Dominion, or Ticket to Ride is played.
I sleeve my main deck, mostly because of the feel, but for the other cards, such as backups and whatnot, there's no reason why you have to. 

It depends on personal preference.  Up until recently I sleeved all of my cards that aren't ending up in a binder.  However, I have been getting a lot of new cards but haven't spent the money to sleeve them all.  Also, sleeved cards take up a lot more space (another reason I stopped sleeving all of my cards) even if you get the cheap $1 packs.  I do sleeve all of my decks as they will get used at some point or another.

If I didn't sleeve them I would probably have to throw some of them away as I play against some of the kids in my scout troop during campouts.  Needless to say, the cards are in more danger in the woods where you have to worry about dirt and water than in an air conditioned building.
IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1205820039/Scorecards/Landscape.png)
It depends on personal preference.  Up until recently I sleeved all of my cards that aren't ending up in a binder.  However, I have been getting a lot of new cards but haven't spent the money to sleeve them all.  Also, sleeved cards take up a lot more space (another reason I stopped sleeving all of my cards) even if you get the cheap $1 packs.  I do sleeve all of my decks as they will get used at some point or another.

If I didn't sleeve them I would probably have to throw some of them away as I play against some of the kids in my scout troop during campouts.  Needless to say, the cards are in more danger in the woods where you have to worry about dirt and water than in an air conditioned building.

I'm sure if it is inside a tupperware container, it should be fine.  If you need to replace one card in your deck with another, just quickly take the sleeved card and put it in the tupperware container, and take the card you want and put it in the exact same sleeve.  Rares that aren't in your deck don't need to be individually sleeved.  As long as there is some side of containment, then it is fine.  Now me, I never ever let anybody use my cards unless they are in sleeves.  That is why all the cards in my still active, not retired, still intact intro packs are in sleeves.  I tend to retire my intro decks after a year so that I don't have to continuously spend on more packs of sleeves every time a new set of intros come out.  I only have 8 packs of sleeves.

Linessa sleeves blue winter intro.  Now sleeving Doom Inevitable, sleeved Mysterious Realms last year.
Akroma Fury sleeves red winter intro.  Now sleeving Mirromancy, sleeved Rapid Fire last year.
Zendikar Island sleeves blue spring intro.  Now sleeving Devouring Skies, sleeved Levelers' Scorn last year.
Kargan sleeves red spring intro.  Now sleeving Life for Death, sleeved Eldrazi Arisen last year.
Blue mana sleeves blue summer intro.  Now sleeving Power of Prophecy, would have sleeved Presence of Mind last year, if I owned that deck.
Red mana sleeves red summer intro.  Now sleeving Breath of Fire, would have sleeved Firebomber last year, if I owned that deck.
Black Lotus sleeves blue winter intro.  Now sleeving Metalcraft, would have sleeved Unstable Terrain last year, if I owned that deck.
Mox Opal sleeves red winter intro.  Now sleeving Relic Breaker, would have sleeved Pumped Up, if I bought it before SOM was released, but since I bought Pumped Up after I bought Relic Breaker, Relic Breaker will remain sleeved, and Pumped Up will be bare.

With these 8 decks, I can let people who typically don't want to invest in their own decks to be able to play as I lend them my decks, although they only get two fifths of the experience, namely, they are missing the white, black, and green experience.  It is just like shareware.  If you want to experience Magic that isn't blue or red, purchase your own intro packs and cards and start your own deck.
A tupperware container won't keep a deck from getting dirty or wet when you play against someone.  A tupperware container woudn't have kept the decks I was using dry when I had a battle early in the morning while dew was still forming on everything.  The sleeves I used kept the cards dry despite getting wet themselves.  Imagine what would have happened to them if they weren't sleeved.

I also had an earlier campout when there ended up being a lot of dust in the air.  The sleeves on my Kithkin deck are still somewhat gritty and scratched but the cards are fine.

Plus, I keep all my decks in ziplock bags which are in a small backpack.  I am not concerned about the decks when they are not in use. 
IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1205820039/Scorecards/Landscape.png)
A tupperware container won't keep a deck from getting dirty or wet when you play against someone.  A tupperware container woudn't have kept the decks I was using dry when I had a battle early in the morning while dew was still forming on everything.  The sleeves I used kept the cards dry despite getting wet themselves.  Imagine what would have happened to them if they weren't sleeved.

I also had an earlier campout when there ended up being a lot of dust in the air.  The sleeves on my Kithkin deck are still somewhat gritty and scratched but the cards are fine.

Plus, I keep all my decks in ziplock bags which are in a small backpack.  I am not concerned about the decks when they are not in use. 

You only ever need 100 sleeves per 60 card deck.  Any more, and you are wasting money.  You don't really need to sleeve any extra cards you don't even use.  Just put them in a tupperware container, those air tight ones, if you are afraid that the humid air might damage the cards.  Then store those cards in a freezer, because cold cards feel better than room temperature ones.  I once got a package and it was sitting outside in the snow.  It was a bunch of boosters, and the cards within was still intact, and mint.  The only protection it had was the foil wrapper, packing peanuts, and that cardboard box it came in.  I just love the feel of cold cards.

As long as there is no way for the moist air to enter the tupperware container, or any container, that is, an air tight container, then the cards should be fine.  You can probably protect the cards from the humidity if you wrapped them in saran wrap.  Provided you don't use those cards.

BTW, when I said to freeze your cards, I didn't really mean it.
I know one guy that sleeved his entire X thousand collection, right down to basic lands and redundant never played commons. His rationale being that it saves him time in deckbuilding.
I know one guy that sleeved his entire X thousand collection, right down to basic lands and redundant never played commons. His rationale being that it saves him time in deckbuilding.

you mean he sleeved all his basic lands?  How many of one type of land did he sleeve?  Is he trying to build a battle of wits deck?

It takes me about 30 minutes to remove sleeves from a 60 card deck and sleeve another 60 card deck with the same sleeves.  I don't remember the exact time, but it could be 15 minutes.  So he would rather spend $10 over wasting 15 minutes of his own time?  If you spend $10, you are spending an hours worth of minimum wage work.  But with such an easy task that can be done in 15 minutes, spending cash to sleeve every card is a waste.  If somebody had a job transfering sleeves from one deck to another, I wouldn't pay him $10 to do it.  Probably pay him $2, if I am generous.

If he is using the more expensive sleeves, forget it.  That extra cash that he could have had could have gone to more cards.

It also isn't like he is trying to unsleeve and sleeve an entire deck.  If the guy has the X thousand cards as part of what his deck is, such as tweaking etc, then I think his first order of business is to narrow down the cards he needs in his deck and those who don't.  Saving time in deckbuilding my foot.

When my brother built his deck, he only used 60 sleeves.  no more, no less.  Starting with I don't know, 600 cards, he picked the cards that he wanted, and the basic lands.  That pool is still more than 60.  From that, he tested which one would work better, and he put the rest in a cardboard deck box that came with the fat packs, in case the deck needs any finetuning.  Never once did he individually sleeve all 600 cards.  The only time that I had to remove sleeves for him was when he decided to change from a black green to a black red deck.  But c'mon, unsleeving half deck and sleeving up different cards doesn't even take 5 minutes, 10 max.  I of course used my intro packs to test out his constructed deck.  I of course beat him initially, which means that his deck stunk, but over time, he started to beat me where he has around 40 life when I got defeated.
My 2 cents is you should always sleeve your deck for a few reasons.

1. You never know what the cards will be worth (see pics).
2. You don't want someone saying you have marked cards.
3. You can use it to your advantage. No one suspects the guy w/pink sleeves.

The worst part is all my chub toads are dead mint.

I sleeve my tournament decks and frequently played casual decks. Other than that I don't use sleeves often.
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
Deck sleeves are totally worth the price, for your play decks. Deck boxes are a nice way to keep track of your deck and sidebar together.

Riffle shuffling over time will damage your cards and cause the ink and corners to wear. Unless you're a very skilled/delicate shuffler you'll probably cause some damage to your cards.

I put rares I'm not using in a 9 slot binder sleeves and any good uncommons in penny sleeves (playsets of 2/3/4 go in 1 sleeve together).

Finally buy a couple of white card boxes and you're set for commons, I never bother putting sleeves on those.

don't sleeve everything, just the cards you're playing with.
141434757 wrote:
Thread is so legit it's unbelievable, lol. Though I'm interested in knowing what gain there is to fish here. No, foreign prince, I will not invest in your grand profitable banking corporation.
I sleeve my decks right away so now harm comes to them while playing because, seriously, weird stuff gets on my coffee table and I don't need that on my cards. Everything else goes into my collector's binder with the 3x3 sleeves. You can fit well over 18 cards in each sleeve and you get get like one hundred Ultra Pro ones for a little over ten bucks. I'd say it's a pretty good deal to do it that way/ Plus, it makes searching through your collection a little easier.
-Sleeve your decks.
-Sleeve cards past a certain threshold of rarity/value.  I personally recommend rares and mythic rares, but some people might want to sleeve rarer uncommons, or foils, or might not sleeve cheap rares.  It's up to you.  Also, penny sleeves are good for this, unlike decks.
-Don't sleeve everything.
signofzeta...you continually tip the bizarre-o-meter.  The camping guy is talking about protecting his cards that he is playing, aka his deck.  I seriously doubt he is bringing his collection to build new decks on a camping trip, rather sleeves his favorite decks, puts them in his pack, and heads to the great outdoors.  Tupperware cannot protect cards while you are playing with them, unless all the players are actually sitting in a giant, sealed, Tupperware bowl.

I sleeve all my decks, but I tend to be a deck hoarder so that is still a lot of sleeves.  If you buy high quality sleeves (Dragonshields or KMC) they will last you years (some of mine are 8 years old), so collecting a ton over time becomes pretty easy.

The rest of my collection are all in binders so it would be redundant to sleeve them as well, though there are people that do this and feel it is not redundant.

you mean he sleeved all his basic lands?  How many of one type of land did he sleeve?  Is he trying to build a battle of wits deck?

-Yes.
-Whatever # of sleeved lands you can fit into a fat pack box. As in one box per land type.
-No but if he wanted to he's already got the cards and they already are sleeved.
I have been playing for 16 years.  I've never sleeved.... until now.

I have learned over the years that some stuff can get mangled to bits.  And if it is a rare from the old sets ... well, it takes a lot to get new ones.  I have some "valuable" stuff that is now no longer worth anything due to it being ruined just by play over the years.

I've started playing EDH over the last year or so and I'm learning to play with sleeves.  I have only in the last two weeks bought some packs of sleeves and started using them.  I feel much more confident that my collection will last.

PS:  Buy Dragon Shields and stay away from Ultra Pro's.  I bought packs of each to test them out. The matte finish of the Ultra Pro's looks better than the gloss of the Dragon Shields, but I have already had half a dozen Ultra Pro's split along the side.  What's the point of sleeves if they just split on you before you can use them?  The Dragon Shields (I bought at the same time) are perfectly fine and have stood up to three full days of gaming without issue.  I never got to play a single game with the Ultra Pro's because they split. 

This, exactly.

I have a playset of Force of Will's that are just ruined all to hell.  And an old Phyrexian Dreadnought that I'm ashamed of. 
Let's review the pros and cons.

Con- You might find it hard to shuffel for a week or two.

Pro- Next time someone spills a drink, instead of loosing youre favroite deck, you spend a minuet and a half rocking a towel.

Con- I honesly cannot think of another. I don't know why some people are so restiant to sleaves. I guess... it takes a minuet to put the sleaves on?

Pro- Hand sweat is no longer an issue. I'm not the only chubby guy with sweaty hands am I? I don't know, maybe you're all clean hands and stuff, but is your entire play group?

Seriously, its about having nice things. Take care of your stuff.
Let's review the pros and cons.

Con- You might find it hard to shuffel for a week or two.

Pro- Next time someone spills a drink, instead of loosing youre favroite deck, you spend a minuet and a half rocking a towel.

Con- I honesly cannot think of another. I don't know why some people are so restiant to sleaves. I guess... it takes a minuet to put the sleaves on?

Pro- Hand sweat is no longer an issue. I'm not the only chubby guy with sweaty hands am I? I don't know, maybe you're all clean hands and stuff, but is your entire play group?

Seriously, its about having nice things. Take care of your stuff.

Some people feel the need to be "individuals" regardless of how much common sense something, like sleeving one's cards, makes.  It was years before I started using sleeves.  I would have rather spent the money on cards.  One spilled beer changed my mind forever.  To the contrarian, logic is just a waste of time!

STEP 1: Find your cousin STEP 2: Get your cousin in the cannon STEP: 3 Find another cousin
Con - Sleeves cost money.

Then again, so does replacing your cards if something happens to them.  Just playing devil's advocate here.

I think sleeves promote individuality if anything.  Different people have different sleeves, and some could be kind of a signature!

LOL.  My core play group consists of a Nurse (me), a Physical Theripist (ex pro-dancer), a Clinical Psychologist who is very concerned with is appearance, and my 16 year old son- so everyone is either very clean, or under my "control".  As a person who has a few extra pounds on him I have been known to sweat in odd places, but never the hands.