9th anniversary celebration: Lifetime MOPR rewards

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
have the identities of these awards these been announced yet?
M:tG Rules Adviser
From the community cup:

prolepsis9 bing:

Lifetime MOPR promos "Hero of Bladehold will be one, one will be something previously unreleased" #mtgoQA

Wotc_K said on the boards this would not be the only way to get the new promo, just the first.

For kicks, here is the full Q&A from twitter feeds.  Copied courtesy of largebrandon on cq:
Some questions and answers from the community cup QandA with Worth, courtesy of @prolepsis9 and @luisscottvargas

Power 9 on MODO: "I never like to say never, buuuut..." Worth says bigger fish to fry and can only do it once

Asked about Masques block; it's coming, but method of delivery is unknown so far

Player-run events, cube: "On the radar, casual/team drafting probably sooner. Cube is a favorite at WOTC, likely on MODO"

Chris K: One of the things we're looking at & would like to do with MTGO is to try and run events that span all day, or multiple days

Built-in MODO notepad? "In the new UI spec"

Mac/iPad MODO: "Return on Investment question, hard to say but circle back to the discussion every few months"

Chris: Plans for social media in MTGO? (Forums, groups, etc) Gordon: We can't do anything until we intergrate with our own community site.

Voice chat: "We *talked* about it, want to make it to be opt-in for playing with friends. Moderation issues."

Bing: Has there been a bump in MTGO from #dotp? Worth: There has been a bump everywhere. It's been awesome.

"Want to build better tutorials, support for new players. New UI will have better platform, then a matter of content generation"

What are the BIG FISH "Stability, new UI. Lot of moving parts in day-to-day operation. Three outages last week are a big issue"

"In-game bug reporting, possible solutions discussed, needs to be easy-to-use. Also has impact on compensation request/reporting

"Can't really make decisions on the trading value of the packs. Have tried revolving payouts before that doesn't really work"

Generic booster packs? "Need to do more research. Isn't convinced it will have the effect the community thinks it will."

Custom format filters might be a possibility, but sounds a long way off.

Digital set releases? "Discussed pushing NPH release up, but was constrained by schedule in place, internal testing hard to push

"Promos for joining events might come back. Maybe for specialty formats."

MODO format support, do you think there could be a Pauper MOCS? "I do."

Lifetime MOPR promos "Hero of Bladehold will be one, one will be something previously unrelease

Timeline for new MODO UI, Gordon says "eeeeennnh, bad luck to talk about dates, but beta will be starting soon."

Want to take MODO specialty formats to where Commander is now, heavy interaction/input from community regarding B/R lists etc.

Prizeless, cardless drafting under a subscription model? "Subscriptions have been considered occasionally"

"Looking at ways to increase participation at a lower cost for people with different bands of time, but affects entire ecosystem"

MTGO shredder for unwanted commons? "Priority-wise not high on the list"

LEAGUES: " If they were as important business-wise as we previously thought they were, they'd definitely be back by now.""It's also a huge amount of work. There's a significant amount of time needed. We are comfortable where it's prioritized"

Magic Online at GenCon "We want to make sure people know modo exists, esp. for players who don't have time to play in paper"
Sad to read that comment about leagues.  Bummer....

Leagues

Enchantment
Suspend - 1
 At the end of each Q, put a disappointment counter on each player.
 At the beginning of your Q, you may mention "leagues". If you do, each player may remove all counters from target player. Add 1 suspense counter to Leagues.
 When Leagues enters the battlefield, each player may win the game.
"If they put $100 bills in packs, someone would complain about how they're folded" - Unknown

I do not wish to participate in this Community Site.

Up until this point I have believed the updates that League's were going to be a part of MODO going forward, with a new version and updates that implied that in a future quarter that the priorities would finally catch up to the other important developments and Leagues would get their time and focus and finally come back.... 

but this statement above is the death knell, no more naivety,, they are done -  very disappointing
For kicks, here is the full Q&A from twitter feeds.  Copied courtesy of largebrandon on cq:

Thanks for the credit!! Nice to have some credibility on these forums ^.^
Thanks to both largebrandon and bactgudz for these, very useful for those of us who aren't on twitter. Shame to hear about the leagues, and the generic booster pack idea would've been nice too, but it's good to hear that everyone will get a chance to get a promo Hero of Bladehold, given that it's near-impossible to get a game in with the gunslingers due to multi-timers hogging all the spots and chance of entry being dependent on connection speed...
I'm kind of shocked they actually let you ask questions and more or less answered them.

Leagues

Enchantment
Suspend - 1
 At the end of each Q, put a disappointment counter on each player.
 At the beginning of your Q, you may mention "leagues". If you do, each player may remove all counters from target player. Add 1 suspense counter to Leagues.
 When Leagues enters the battlefield, each player may win the game.
"If they put $100 bills in packs, someone would complain about how they're folded" - Unknown

yeah we get it, you really dont need to waste the time of post this every time leagues come up.
I like fun, but competitive decks. So I might not play what is optimal but they have normally been tested to have a 2/3 winrate.
...Says the guy with the monster sig that goes into every post.  His enchantment is a lot more interesting than your sig.  And it's only in appropriate threads.  However, the enchantment needs balancing.  By my calculations, it can never actually be cast.
...However, the enchantment needs balancing.  By my calculations, it can never actually be cast.

Leaguescape
5WWW
Instant
Remove all suspense counters from Leagues and put Leagues onto the battlefield under your control.
"Call a Medic! He fell off his chair!" - Unknown

I do not wish to participate in this Community Site.

Are they going to create new levels of rarity for that card?  Something like super-ultra-impossibly-rare-mythic?
Bring back leagues already
...Says the guy with the monster sig that goes into every post.  His enchantment is a lot more interesting than your sig.  And it's only in appropriate threads.  However, the enchantment needs balancing.  By my calculations, it can never actually be cast.

I think that's the point of the joke.

And going on what Wizards said about it (quoted in post #3 by bactgudz about them being a lot of work and a low priority and not important to the business), you can basically assume that leagues are never going to re-appear, or at least, by the time they do, they will seem like something *completely new!*

if we really want leagues to reappear, we need a large portion of the paying player base to stop spending money in the shop for a period of time.
M:tG Rules Adviser
I wonder:

If Wizards actually came out and said "we've stopped working on leagues" (which is emphatically not what was said here), would people finally shut up about them?  If they came back, would people shut up about them?

Seriously, Wizards, devote an R&D team to figuring out how to make people shut up about leagues.  Nothing new or interesting has been contributed to the topic by the community in years, and now it's just this ridiculous macguffin for a perfect MtGO world. 

Let's make this the new mantra of MtGO General - "Give us something better than leagues ever were".