Portal

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I just started a gamma world game and one of my players (a radiactive AI) wants to have a portal gun from the Portal video games. should i give the gun any special powers or just treat it as an ordinary weapon?
I am assuming that you are going to make an Omega tech from this. So that it is only usable once per encounter.

I would personally modify the Telport Pads:
"There is cake. Held Item; Power: Encounter Teleportation; minor Action, Weapon 1-Hand ranged 20; Effect: You place two teleport portals, each a square within range. While in a teleport portal square you must make a Level+X vs Reflex or be teleported to the other portal. If the destination portal square is occupied, the occupying creatures are knocked prone. In addition, if the teleport portal is place in such a way that falling damage is occured resolve as needed. Salvage X: A level X character can salvage the portal gun. It becomes a 1-Hand ranged 5, Int vs Reflex that teleports the target 5 squares in a random direction (1d10 1-8 are directions 9=target is immobilized for 1 turn as it falls through two portals. 0=target takes x feet of falling damage"

Or something like that - I would not make it as burly as the actual gun since you can go up to solos and make them fall through things taking massive damage, become immobile by falling through the same one again and again, or simply place one portal at a "jail" and then just use the other... Where it would be entertaining to be able to drop some poor bandit in a room with a death machine it would be a game changer...
I am assuming that you are going to make an Omega tech from this. So that it is only usable once per encounter.

I would personally modify the Telport Pads:
"There is cake. Held Item; Power: Encounter Teleportation; minor Action, Weapon 1-Hand ranged 20; Effect: You place two teleport portals, each a square within range. While in a teleport portal square you must make a Level+X vs Reflex or be teleported to the other portal. If the destination portal square is occupied, the occupying creatures are knocked prone. In addition, if the teleport portal is place in such a way that falling damage is occured resolve as needed. Salvage X: A level X character can salvage the portal gun. It becomes a 1-Hand ranged 5, Int vs Reflex that teleports the target 5 squares in a random direction (1d10 1-8 are directions 9=target is immobilized for 1 turn as it falls through two portals. 0=target takes x feet of falling damage"

Or something like that - I would not make it as burly as the actual gun since you can go up to solos and make them fall through things taking massive damage, become immobile by falling through the same one again and again, or simply place one portal at a "jail" and then just use the other... Where it would be entertaining to be able to drop some poor bandit in a room with a death machine it would be a game changer...

actually he wanted it as a basic equipment item. a ranged weapon or gun probably.
Omega Cards can be salvaged - which changes it to a weapon that can be used as a normal equipment... Just a short rest to salvage it. Your call on the ammo for the gun - if they use it more then once per encounter do they run out of ammo? Being an Omega tech item you can put it in your deck and have it multiple times and salvage it when you can.

My modification of Teleportation Pads was just a suggestion. It is your game.

#1 rule in RPGs = GM/DM is always right (when enforcing/bending rules).
#1 rule in Gamma World (at least old school) = was that no matter how powerful you were some mutant bunny rabbit can take you out in one shot...