As much Surge-less Healing as You Can Muster, Mister.

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
It's recently come up in my game that, due to player absence, we're going to be dependant on Potions of Healing to keep us on our feet.

That got me to wondering if there were any builds or item combinations that looked to optimize surgless healing.

Anything like that ring a bell with anyone?

Cheers! 
It's recently come up in my game that, due to player absence, we're going to be dependant on Potions of Healing to keep us on our feet.

That got me to wondering if there were any builds or item combinations that looked to optimize surgless healing.

Anything like that ring a bell with anyone?

Cheers! 

Well I'm guessing if you will be relying on potions that means you don't have a leader, and without a leader you lose access to the vast majority of healing options in the game. Non-leader classes have *some* healing abilities, but not usually enough to carry a party.

It would be much more constructive to tell us in as much detail as possible the current party makeup and the specific conditions you are playing under.
+1 to Jay's comments. 

I'm assuming you are heroic tier...

If you truly have NO healer (no leader or MC leader, no paladin) I would ask for a temp houserule to have heal pots give surge value in healing.  You're still likely to need at least 2 potions per encounter and everyone should expect to 2nd wind almost every encounter.  The worst thing is it really kills your action economy which makes it even harder.

My group did play without a leader for most of heroic tier and did just fine but they have a paladin and know what they are doing.  Which matters a lot.
Assuming you're after leaderless healing rather than surgeless healing, Reactive Surge and Deliverance of Faith come immediately to mind.  (I'd suggest Virtue, too, but if you have a paladin in the party you're probably in less trouble anyway.)  Armor of Dwarven Vigor, Dwarven Armor, and Diamond Cinctures are the obvious items to pick.  A Deep-Pocket Cloak could help you get out the healing potions without further wrecking your action economy.

Would your DM object to introducing a healbot cleric as a companion character?
Crit my build -- help me get better at CharOp
- Pretty Hate Machine
Armor of Dwarven Vigor, Dwarven Armor, and Diamond Cinctures are the obvious items to pick.  A Deep-Pocket Cloak could help you get out the healing potions without further wrecking your action economy.

And dwarfs! A dwarf party!

And vampirism. Vampire hybrids for massive suck!
Paragon tier opens up revenants and sub zero fighting
DPR King Candidates 3.0
How much damage should I shoot for?
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR? KPR? KP4R? Bless you
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?
Sign In to post comments