6/15/2011 StF: "Milk and Cookies with Jason Chan"

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Savor the Flavor, which goes live Wednesday morning on magicthegathering.com.
Hey it's my favorite fantasy artist. Sweet.
Awesome, Jason Chan is one of the best ya heard
Interesting article. I realize Jason Chan has got a wide variety of styles and manners depending on the subject he depicts. For instance I couldn't have guessed that Twilight Shepherd and Pact of Negation were being illustrated by the same artist. And that is meant as a compliment.
"They return. They always return, when I lose everything." - Karn, about the Phyrexians
Before opening the article I was thinking "wow, they really use Maul Splicer a lot on the front page."  Not that there's anything wrong with that - she's a very attractive half-mechanical lady. 

Either way, it was nice to meet the man behind the Maul.  I wish the interview had been longer, and discussed more of his methods and details.
These are always nice articles, though this seemed a little short. Agree that it would have been interesting to read about some of his methods and such. 
Proud member of C.A.R.D. - Campaign Against Rare Duals "...but the time has come when lands just need to be better. Creatures have gotten stronger, spells have always been insane, and lands just sat in this awkward place of necessity." Jacob Van Lunen on the refuge duals, 16 Sep 2009. "While it made thematic sense to separate enemy and allied color fixing in the past, we have come around to the definite conclusion that it is just plain incorrect from a game-play perspective. This is one of these situations where game play should just trump flavor." - Sam Stoddard on ending the separation of allied/enemy dual lands. 05 July 2013
Sign In to post comments