What would YOU call an adventure featuring Demon-Cows?

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
So after finding a forum on rpg.net about Hell-cows, I can't help but try and make a one off adventuring some. Basically the plan is for my party to investigate a farm that isn't quite what it seems, only for them to fight their way out when they realize that the whole thing is a trap.

The question is, what to call it? The few campaigns and adventures I've run so far have all had punny names (for instance, the holiday themed "New Year's Revolution") so I would like to have the name of this one also be suitably punny, but really any name works. Any suggestions?
"A Case Of Bovine Intervention."
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
"A Case Of Bovine Intervention."

...would that be Deus Ex Moochina, then?

Udder Disaster?
High Steaks?
Band of Brudders?
A Moo To A Kill?
Hoofing It?

I could go on, but... ow.
-m4ki; one down, one to go

"Retro is not new. Retro-fit is not new." --Seeker95, on why I won't be playing DDN

|| DDN Metrics (0-10) | enthusiasm: 1 | confidence in design: -3 | desire to play: 0 | Sticking with 4e?: Yep. | Better Options: IKRPG Mk II ||
The Five Things D&D Next Absolutely Must Not Do:
1. Imbalanced gameplay. Any and all characters must be able to contribute equally both in combat and out of combat at all levels of play. If the Fighters are linear and the Wizards quadratic, I walk. 2. Hardcore simulationist approach. D&D is a game about heroic fantasy. I'm weak and useless enough in real life; I play RPGs for a change of pace. If the only reason a rule exists is because "that's how it's supposed to be", I walk. I don't want a game that "simulates" real life, I want a game that simulates heroic fantasy. 3. Worshipping at false idols (AKA Sacred Cows). If the only reason a rule exists is "it's always been that way", I walk. Now to be clear, I have no problem with some things not changing; my issue is with retaining bad idea simply for the sake of nostalgia. 4. DM vs. players. If the game encourages "gotcha!" moments or treats the DM and players as enemies, adversaries, or problems to be overcome, I walk. 5. Rules for the sake of rules. The only thing I want rules for is the things I can't do sitting around a table with my friends. If the rules try to step on my ability to roleplay the character I want to roleplay, I walk. Furthermore, the rules serve to facilitate gameplay, not to simulate the world. NOTE: Items in red have been violated.
Chris Perkins' DM Survival Tips:
1. When in doubt, wing it. 2. Keep the story moving. Go with the flow. 3. Sometimes things make the best characters. 4. Always give players lots of things to do. 5. Wherever possible, say ‘yes.’ 6. Cheating is largely unnecessary. 7. Don't be afraid to give the characters a fun new toy. 8. Don't get in the way of a good players exchange. 9. Avoid talking too much. 10. Save some details for later. 11. Be transparent. 12. Don't show all your cards. Words to live by.
Quotes From People Smarter Than Me:
"Essentials zigged, when I wanted to continue zagging..." -Foxface on Essentials "Servicing a diverse fan base with an RPG ruleset - far from being the mandate for 'open design space' and a cavalier attitude towards balance - requires creating a system that /works/, with minimal fuss, for a wide variety of play styles, not just from one group to the next, but at the same table." -Tony_Vargas on design "Mearls' and Cook's stated intent to produce an edition that fans of all previous editions (and Pathfinder) will like more than their current favourite edition is laudable. But it is also, IMO, completely unrealistic. It's like people who pray for world peace: I might share their overall aims, but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for them to succeed. When they talk in vague terms about what they'd like to do in this new edition, I mostly find myself thinking 'hey, that sounds cool, assuming they can pull it off', but almost every time they've said something specific about actual mechanics, I've found myself wincing and shaking my head in disbelief and/or disgust, either straight away or after thinking about the obvious implications for half a minute." -Duskweaver on D&D Next
Appocalypse Cow?
The Secret Cow Level.

Cool

The Secret Cow Level.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.
Udder disaster is perfect. It has just the right amount of painfully bad wordplay.
As mentioned above I thought of the secret cow level:  www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSlGQpvl_IA

The Secret Cow Level.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.

You could put in a demon god connection and call the adventure "Holy Cow!!!" LOL.

I did that once with an adventure about grell, where the final target was a Grell god thing..... I called it "Quest For The Holy Grell". I know it's terrible but the humour was worth it.
"Unholy Cow"?
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
   Attack of the battle cattle.

I dream of Beer Head Armies.

Autocard is our friend. [c‍]Urborg Mindsucker[/‍c] → Urborg Mindsucker

Moocifer's Minions
One Night While Cow Tipping...

and my favorite...

More Cowhell

Celebrate our differences.

Hmm, I've decided that the actual adventure will be called "Apocalypse Cow", but the pun "udder disaster" will definitely get used at some point.

The final boss will be "Moocifer", a truly "unholy cow", and lord of the "Cowhell". The party will fight him after working their way through his legions of "battle cattle", and discovering the secret of Old MacDougal's farm...
That is so beefy!  

I would like to see your notes for this session; this sounds hilarious.
If it turns out as fun as I hope it will, and if anybody else is interested, I might just post them.
Please!

I'd go with the aforementioned Udder Disaster. Mainly because I like puns.

Alternatively, you could make the title a slight shout-out to Diablo2, and put in a mention of the Cow King.

''The Cow Kings Court' (or any 'Cow King's X or X of the Cow King') has a certain ring to it, humorous and yet getting the point across at the same time, without necessarily being too cheesy.
I'd go with the aforementioned Udder Disaster. Mainly because I like puns.

LOL.  Just about every entry was a pun.  That's what made this thread worth bouillons.

What would you call an adventure featuring demon-cows?

A very meta and self-referential Eberron game, obviously.

You're my hero.

You're my hero.

I agree. I'm totally going to do something like this now.
Sign In to post comments