Help !!! Looking for a feat

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
I need all you guys who know the rules backwards and forwards help

There is a feat that I am looking for that allows you to stay partially concealed.  It is NOT The warlock multiclass feat but something else.  I remember reading it and cannot for life of me remember what it is.  I think you have to have shadow abililties though.

Any help I would love you forever.
There are a few options through items and feats, some of which are conditional or have other prerequisites. Cursed Shadow is what immediately comes to mind, but I think that is the feat that you are attempting to refer to as "the warlock multiclass feat".

Can you supply additional context?
There are a few options through items and feats, some of which are conditional or have other prerequisites. Cursed Shadow is what immediately comes to mind, but I think that is the feat that you are attempting to refer to as "the warlock multiclass feat".

Can you supply additional context?

It  may be a feat or a class ability that says you have permanent partial concealment.  Im playing an assasin so it is realted to Shadow, or that class.  Or it may be a feat that is for that class or shadow source power.

And yes its not the warlock one.  I am using that one right now.
I've found four feats that may be what you're thinking about that pertain specifically to Assassins. Unfortunately, they're all paragon tier or later: Death's Pall, Drawn Shadows, Soul in Shadow, and Vanish Into Shadow. Unfortunately, they all have conditions that appear to be a bit harder to meet than simply moving three squares (easily achieved in and out of combat).

For Paragon Paths, Gloaming Dancer has a possible option for concealment against a target's attacks at the expense of damage (you remove two shrouds to trigger it), but it doesn't grant you actual concealment to mantain hidden.

There's a level 21 pair of boots called Phantom Chaussures that essentially duplicates the Shadow Walk ability that you are getting from Cursed Shadow, but I expect that to be outside of your level range.

I'm not aware of any basic class features that grant concealment outside of the Warlock's Shadow Walk feature, which you already have. Any other concealment option will require you to multiclass anyways, and it probably won't be as automatic as Shadow Walk.

Hopefully this helps. If none of these are the solutions you were thinking of, perhaps someone else will have additional suggestions.
Shadow Band is an epic ring which grants concealment as a property.
Ok I think I found it.

Killer in the Crowd
Paragon Tier
Prerequisite: 11th level, assassin
Benefit: Your enemies do not grant cover to your targets. You gain cover from your enemies.

If my understanding is correct, you have to have concealment or cover to remain hidden.  Would this not do the same thing that the 2 feats I am using now to multi warlock do?  I understand this would only work on enemies but ot would seem that for all intents and puepose this is what I want.  I am scouting in enemy dungeon or i cloud in combat (im a drow) and make a stealth check.  This would allow me to stay hidden till i make an attack.
Ok I think I found it.

Killer in the Crowd
Paragon Tier
Benefit: Your enemies do not grant cover to your targets. You gain cover from your enemies.

If my understanding is correct, you have to have concealment or cover to remain hidden.  Would this not do the same thing that the 2 feats I am using now to multi warlock do?  I understand this would only work on enemies but ot would seem that for all intents and puepose this is what I want.  I am scouting in enemy dungeon or i cloud in combat (im a drow) and make a stealth check.  This would allow me to stay hidden till i make an attack.

It is a poorly worded feat. RAW it means you always have cover against enemies. 

RAI it means that enemies grant you cover versus other enemies... 
Ok I think I found it.

Killer in the Crowd
Paragon Tier

No.  This Feat allows you to take Cover behind *enemies* from ranged attacks, as opposed to just from behind allies like everyone else.

The enemy you're taking Cover behind still sees you clearly - there's no enemy giving you cover *from him*.
Confused about Stealth? Think "invisibility" means "take the mini off the board to make people guess?" You need to check out The Rules Of Hidden Club.
Damage types and resistances: A working house rule.
A creature always grant Cover against Ranged attack only, and never against Melee, Close or Area attacks. This Feat allow you to now have both allies and enemies to provide you Cover against Ranged attacks.

RC 221 Creatures And Cover:  When a creature makes a Ranged attack against an enemy target and that other enemies are in the way, the target has Partial Cover. A creature's allies never grant Cover to the creature's enemies and neither allies nor enenmies grant Cover against Melee, Close or Area attacks
Sign In to post comments