Seekers in Primal Power 2

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is Primal Power 2 ever coming out? So that they can have roughly as much ability choices as other classes

Hell, is Arcane/Divine/Psion Power 2 ever coming out?
Nope.  Arcane and Divine will be Essentials from now on.  Seekers, Runepriests, and Psionicists are pre-E and thus don't exist anymore.
I hate Essentials with a great passion
They have never stated that they are ignoring previously released classes because of Essentials.
Nope.  Arcane and Divine will be Essentials from now on.  Seekers, Runepriests, and Psionicists are pre-E and thus don't exist anymore.

This is 100 percent pure unadulterated bullcrap and you know it.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.

This is 100 percent pure unadulterated bullcrap and you know it.

I have yet to see anything that proves my stance wrong, only yet more Essentials crap.
I think something about seeker will be out in heroes of the feywild.

Chauntea/Lathander/Torm Cleric since 1995 My husband married a DM - καλὸς καὶ ἀγαθός

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/14.jpg)

I really want to play a Heavy Thrown Seeker too
personally having played a throwning weapon seeker up to 11th lvl,i can honestly say it sucks.maybe it's because i chose minotaur(for the stats),or the weapon i chose(tratnyr),or wether the class sucks.either way it sucked.

frankly,having tried seeker,i found it more able to do strikery stuff,than controllery stuff(i was hitting on a +18 to hit,doing 1d10+16 for a rba).

thing is with seeker,it's powers are very situational.like an encounter power,that knocks someone prone if they move.great against flying enemies,but not so much against ground targets.oh,and of the powers i've used,FEYJUMP SHOT is just awesome.and feywild jaunt is a must.lifesaver.

and of all the pp's there is,the ranger pp,AVALANCHE HURLER,is the best for throwing weapon seekers.(ups your weapon dam dice 1,free rba on ap,and the powers are ace).check it out.

if i were to do it again,i would go with a better weapon.i hear there's a dwarf seeker throwing a mordencrad you can make,but i've no idea.seems bow armed ones are better (range of bow,is range of your powers,that's like a 50 square range!).

give seeker a go,but don't get your hopes up.if they do do more stuff for it,they need to sort out the stuff there is already,before they add new stuff.

Yea I know Seekers are bad right now

Not only do they have nearly no powers, but most of them are lackluster as well, Artificier is in a similar boat but at least they have a couple of good powers

I would say if you ~REALLY~ Heavy Thrown Seeker want a Heavy Thrown Seeker, you might need to Hybrid it with Ranger, and lightly break a couple of rules

Also the Mordenkrad Hurler is by using the Magic Weapon Enchantment called "Dwarven Thrower" which gives hammers 6/12 Range and Heavy Thrown Property, Effectively gives you a 2d8 Brutal 1 weapon, that averages out to a 10 damage weapon (its comparable to using a 1d20 weapon, lol)

Also Hungry for Spears and Farbond for Heavy Blade (in case thats your up of tea)
Yea I know Seekers are bad right now

Not only do they have nearly no powers, but most of them are lackluster as well, Artificier is in a similar boat but at least they have a couple of good powers

I would say if you ~REALLY~ Heavy Thrown Seeker want a Heavy Thrown Seeker, you might need to Hybrid it with Ranger, and lightly break a couple of rules

Also the Mordenkrad Hurler is by using the Magic Weapon Enchantment called "Dwarven Thrower" which gives hammers 6/12 Range and Heavy Thrown Property, Effectively gives you a 2d8 Brutal 1 weapon, that averages out to a 10 damage weapon (its comparable to using a 1d20 weapon, lol)

Also Hungry for Spears and Farbond for Heavy Blade (in case thats your up of tea)

The 2d8 for a Mordenkrad only applies if you go with the Avalanche Hurler ranger PP.  Otherwise, it's only 2d6.  I have a Dwarf Hunter who is using a Dwarven Thrower Mordenkrad at level 9.  Once he hits paragon, he's going Avalanche Hurler and not looking back.   

The 2d8 for a Mordenkrad only applies if you go with the Avalanche Hurler ranger PP.  Otherwise, it's only 2d6.  I have a Dwarf Hunter who is using a Dwarven Thrower Mordenkrad at level 9.  Once he hits paragon, he's going Avalanche Hurler and not looking back.   

Ya! Thus the nickname "Mordenkrad Hurler" <3

any chance you can post your dwarf build?pls?

any chance you can post your dwarf build?pls?

My Dwarf Hunter?  Sure.  I'll post it up when I get home tonight. 
I find the concept of Rapid Shot with a Mordenkrad to be rather amusing.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
Did anyone else just get the image of a Hybrid Ranger|Seeker, with the Archery Mastery feat from the playtest article to swap your Ranger at-will for Rapid Shot.  I guess the better question would be do penalties from multiple biting swarms stack?  Probably not.  So human? To use 2 seeker at-wills?

Honestly.. not looking that much more powerful then a regular hunter.
Ours is a world where people don't know what they want, and are willing to go through hell to get it. -Don Marquis
I guess the better question would be do penalties from multiple biting swarms stack?  Probably not.

Correct.  Because the penalties come from the same named game element ("Biting Swarm"), they never stack.

loose [loos] vt. to let loose; to release; to unfasten, undo or untie; to shoot or discharge. lose [looz] vt. to come to be without (something in one's possession or care), through accident, theft, etc., so that there is little or no prospect of recovery; to fail inadvertently to retain (something) in such a way that it cannot be immediately recovered; to suffer the deprivation of. LEARN THE DAMN DIFFERENCE. 

I'm praying for some Seeker love in the Feywild book.  I love the flavor of a seeker as I love the Primal source and am super cliche with playing archers in every game that lets me.  Yet I just find it hard to roll out my seeker in a party of mostly power gamers. 
Yet I just find it hard to roll out my seeker in a party of mostly power gamers. 

We have a Bloodbond Seeker in our party of mostly-well-optimized Level 18 characters, and she does just fine, especially since she's optimized for RBA damage and Frostcheese.  The rest of the party is a Barbarian, an Artificer, a Predator Druid, and a Warden, so she is by far not the only source of control in the party.  (If she was, we'd probably feel low on control.)  That being said, she still makes a pretty darn good controller-with-a-strong-side-order-of-striker.

But yes, more options in the Feywild sourcebook would never be a bad thing.

loose [loos] vt. to let loose; to release; to unfasten, undo or untie; to shoot or discharge. lose [looz] vt. to come to be without (something in one's possession or care), through accident, theft, etc., so that there is little or no prospect of recovery; to fail inadvertently to retain (something) in such a way that it cannot be immediately recovered; to suffer the deprivation of. LEARN THE DAMN DIFFERENCE. 

I tried out a Bloodbond Seeker that also used magical ammunition from Adventurer Vault 2.  It was a good combination with the encounter attack powers that would target defenses other than AC.  You could use lower cost magical arrows and get more bang for your buck and still maintain a level of accuracy on par with other implement users, because you gain the proficiency bonus for all of your attacks.

Anyway Magical Ammunition will make seeker more fun.
Ive been playing a human seeker with the net multiclass feat. Its very interesting, since i can slow every enemy i hit. Im using the Distance Net, so i can do this on a safe distance too.

Well, im playing with her since lvl 5, im in 8 rigth now, and i have no complaints, she is very usefull to the team and have a big controlerish.

I have proficience with the tratinyr too, and im using a Poison Tratinyr, to put ongoing dmg and weakenes on my enemies. The net is off hand, so im using both weapons.

My team LOL everytime i use Stampede Shot with the net, throwing away a lot of enemies with a NET imbued with a bull spirit xD
How do you guys feel about Seekers hitting mostly against AC?  It could just be my group but I got a lot of flack for picking a controller that doesn't target all the other defenses.  Is that an essential part of being a controller?
Thats because seekers use weapons, what make their accuracy higher than the other controllers, who use implements. Thats why most attacks target AC, but i think they have a lot in accuracy even targeting AC. Well, my seeker at least hit almost all the times in lvl8.
Sign In to post comments