If Mr. Data had a D&D class...

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
What would Mr. Data's D&D class be? :O
I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

I'm gonna say warlord, cause that seems to be the answer in every one of these threads. Smile
warforged bard.

I say this based on the fact that in the series, he learns to paint, sing, play instruments.  He has vast knowledge about everything and anything.  He composes poetry as well.  He probably would have a multiclass at the very least into fighter or maybe monk.  He has extensive hand to hand combat training and can use any weapon he seems to pick up.  He does the shoulder knock out move which uses pressure points to knock out a target.  This reminds me of martial arts hence the monk aspect.  And fighter for being able to absorb damage and still keep going.  In fact he could be a revenant warforged to make use of the revenant ability to stay standing even after going under 0 hp.

"Non nobis Domine Sed nomini tuo da gloriam" "I wish for death not because I want to die, but because I seek the war eternal"

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg)

Hmmm he was the strongest person on the USS Enterprise, and the most intelligent calculation and information-wise. He was occasionally hands on, also. He had low charisma, unable to understand even basic emotions, and after his emotion chip was installed he seemed very unstable. Idk haha.
I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.

I want to say a magic or psionic class, from his ability to ignore basic physics.  Some of his biggest feats of "strength" use this...leaning over (he's only on two legs, and not bracing against anything), and picking up someone one-handed and somehow not falling forward even though that's impossible in the real world (there's a reason you deadlift something with your legs close to the bar and your feet wide...it's not about strength but rather balance and body mechanics), taking strong blows dealt him not only without being hurt but without INERTIA, etc.

Maybe Battlemind, because they have that kind of reality-defying mojo to them, and they're extremely tough as well.  Unfortunately, they're seldom as intelligent as Data is portrayed as...though in retrospect he's more of a collection of facts (skills) than of intuitive, inductive, or deductive reasoning.

So probably the best match is Thief | Battlemind with plenty of skills.
What would Mr. Data's D&D class be? :O

Considering his skills with manipulating machinery and electronics?  Artificer.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
I'm thinking this might be a question better asked in the character deveopment forurm.
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.
I was thinking a Fighter (Brawler) that just sort of used hand to hand combat, or a warlord for its emphasis on telling everyone what to do for the most tactical advantage, but Artificer makes sense too.
I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green