Hangs on "connected"

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
After Loading modo, at the "Username and Password screen" (with the big Elesh Norn in the background) It hands on "Connected" without actually letting me onto the server.

It's worked fine for me until tuesday when I couldn't reach the wizards website at all, and now it's back but this problem is happening.

Any advice? 
Hi,

Sorry to see you're having troubles. I have a few suggestions I'd like for you to try.

1. There may be anissue with the path your connection takes to the Magic Online server. Information on how to check your connection path can be found by here: wizards.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wizards.cfg...

2. Magic Online uses the following ports: 7730, 7770 . Note: These are TCP, not UDP. Please make sure any firewall or security software you are using has these ports open.

3. If the above does not help, you may want to try running repair on start up of MTGO.

If you continue to have issues, you may want to contact us via email for more in depth technical help.

To contact us via the web form please go to www.wizards.com/customerservice and log in using your forums account log in. Then head to the "Ask a Question" tab and select "Magic: The Gathering" from the pull down, then "Magic: The Gathering Online" and from there choose the next topic and fill out the rest of the form.

Hope that helps.

Wyvern
Hi!

I have the exact same problem as the original poster.

Had problems getting to the wizards site sometime last week and since then my mtgo 'hangs' on connected (with the big Elesh Norn in the background).

I have repaired and re-installed magic the gathering and both havn't solved the problem. really interested in seeing if the original poster found a solution

Lee

p.s Also ran the traceroute function and it took 19 hops all under 181 milliseconds with hop 14 ****.

All of this trouble began when I couldn't access the wizards website last week as in the original posters text. Any ideas?)
Paris GPQ - 3rd Brussels GPQ - 11th
Hello Joe,

I'm sorry to see you're having issues. If the problem has not resolved itself by now all I can suggest is that you also contact us via email.

To contact us via the web form please go to www.wizards.com/customerservice and log in using your forums account log in. Then head to the "Ask a Question" tab and select "Magic: The Gathering" from the pull down, then "Magic: The Gathering Online" and from there choose the next topic and fill out the rest of the form.

Hope that helps.

Wyvern

Sign In to post comments