Dark Sun, the next adventure series in Dungeon Mag.

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
OK...not really yet, but if we all vote for Athas in Chris Perkins' pole we may get our wish!

wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4dmxp...

VOTED!

@feetz_grande on Twitter

Voted Dark Sun.
Voted.

done!

Voted!!

My only question is how can I stuff the ballot box?
Voted!

And now.... we wait Undecided
Voted!
Voted!!
voted
voted

I did my part.
Wow great work guys!

This will be just like how the Season 3 Encounters Creature Competition featured Tiamat in a prominent role befitting the weeks of voting!

Wait....

Vampire Class/Feat in 2013!

I prefer Next because 4E players and CharOpers can't find their ass without a grid and a power called "Find Ass."

Wow great work guys!

This will be just like how the Season 3 Encounters Creature Competition featured Tiamat in a prominent role befitting the weeks of voting!

Wait....

is there a dark sun relavance here ?
but really, i dont get the reference, care to explain ?
Bane of Gnomes. "An angel of snuggles is a bad match for evil gods." -Mike Mearls (Worlds&Monsters, p.72)
He might be saying he voted for Tiamat instead of Rajaat. Infidel!
I do love Greyhawk and would like to see it back... but I voted Dark Sun. Dark Sun has consistently provided some of the best 4E Dragon and Dungeon articles over the past two years. More!

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

My only question is how can I stuff the ballot box?

The templars of Balic might have some experience with that sort of thing.

Best complements I have yet received

Making it up as I go along:

{BRJN} If I was writing the Tome of Lore, I would let Auppenser sleep. But I also would have him dream. In his dreaming he re-activates the innate powers of (some) mortal minds. Or his dreaming changes the nature of reality - currently very malleable thanks to Spellplague &c. Or whatever really cool flavor text and pseudo-science explanation people react positively to.

{Lord_Karsus} You know, I like that better than the explanations for the Spellplague.

{BRJN} If Bhaal approves of The Joker, does he approve of Jack Nicholson's portrayal or Heath Ledger's protrayal more?

{Stigger} That question is utterly classic, and completely on target.

Prepped ahead of time:

I started the 4e thread "1001 Failed Interrogation Results" (now lost in that great electronic goodnight, alas)

{ADHadh} These are all good and make sense! I just can't come up with something that's not covered here and is not completely ridiculous.

(News bulletin: Updated thread to be posted after I review the 5e DMG)

My 5e characters

Active:

none yet - gotta find a group !

Character Ready-to-go:

Erevyn Meliamne, Wood elf Monk1, inspired by "Radar O'Reilley" from M*A*S*H

Concepts I'm kicking around:

Barbarian w/Tough feat, to be nearly indestructible

"Truenamer" cleric - all spells are Verbal

"Buggy" Wizard - insect flavor on everything.  His DMPC / BBEG version is going to become a beetle version of a Worm That Walks.  (See the 4e Lamia.)  Because lichdom is so cliche.

Sign In to post comments