Gamma World 1976-2011 Mutations

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Every wondered what mutations made it through from Metamorphosis Alpha to GW 7th ed (2010)?

I did... And now you can impress your GW friends by telling them that Mutants with Force Field Generation have survived for 35 years, where those with Fat Cell Accumulation did not...

Its a rough list, but its a list.

There are only short descriptions of the powers here - and I didn't comb through duplicates very well... 600 mutations is a lot to chug through.
Oops forgot... the origin mutations/powers from the 2010 edition... dang... Oh well...
I tried to access the link and it said I needed permission.
I tried to access the link and it said I needed permission.

I changed the permissions (I think) so please try it again!

Very nice list. Thanks. Gave me some good ideas.
Very nice list. Thanks. Gave me some good ideas.
Great list! Brings back memories. I have those older editions except for Metamorphosis which I saw at a book store but was bought when I returned a week later. (Samr thing happened with Chainmail) *sigh*

Would you explain those codes in the edition columns? I obviously understand the 'x'. 
Great list! Brings back memories. I have those older editions except for Metamorphosis which I saw at a book store but was bought when I returned a week later. (Samr thing happened with Chainmail) *sigh*

The first edition I played was 2nd... after a short while we switched to 3rd. Yes I loved the ACT Table, it gave another dimension of combat instead of hit/miss. But The new version is great too. Bringing back the memories is what spawned the list - We once had a very fat gecko that floated around on an altoid can using telekentic arm to wield a frying pan that suffered from insanity.

I also liked the "new mutation" that was in 3rd edition which gave players some very creative mutations...

Would you explain those codes in the edition columns? I obviously understand the 'x'.

In the edition columns the "x" means it was present - please be aware that some editions changed sides. Dual Brain in some editions was Mental and others it was Physical.

The "o" in the 2nd edition was a expert from a Polyhedron magazine - I don't know which one. (it was an old one)

The others in the 6th edition:
"bh" Beyond the Horizon
"ca" Cyptic Alliances & Unknown Enemies
"gm" Game Master's Guide

I think that is it.

Awesome list - thanks for that.

When I was in high school I picked up a beat up old copy of the 1st edition
rules. I loved just sitting at my kitchen table and rolling up mutations. I
ended up incorporating a radioactive comet in my Dark Sun campaign that mutated
the monsters near its crash site.

A nice list. I had thought about doing one like it but never got around to it. You've saved me a bunch of time! Cool Thanks!

Marv (Finarvyn) Master of Mutants (MA and GW) Playing 5E D&D and liking it! OD&D player since 1975