Ashes of Athas now available for home play!

136 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is thereanywhere to purchase these from the beginning?  
Is there anywhere to purchase these from the beginning?  

Not at this time, and there may not be. We are trying to find a way to get these to you (even for free), but it is difficult to do so for many different reasons (some of them discussed earlier in this thread).

Of course, as an admin, the bulk of our time is spent working on the upcoming Chapters. We are finishing up the final work on Chapter 5 (premiering at Origins very soon!) and Chapter 6 (premiering at Gen Con in August).

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

any idea when Chapter 3 will be available to request for DL?
can anyone share the chapters they have now or is that a copyright nono ? i requested them awhile back and got an email responce but no material (might have missed it i do that some time ) i went to the request link but iam sure the first 2  chapters have been removed all it does is tell me to head back to the home page. 
can anyone share the chapters they have now or is that a copyright nono ?

Yeah, that's not allowed. Sorry. However, you can check in your area to see if any DMs have a copy and could run a game for you. If you live in or near a large urban area, it wouldn't be that surprising to find someone can run the first chapters. (Especially true if any local conventions ran Ashes of Athas).

i requested them awhile back and got an email responce but no material (might have missed it i do that some time ) i went to the request link but iam sure the first 2  chapters have been removed all it does is tell me to head back to the home page. 

Check your e-mail. If you didn't hear back you could send the e-mail back to Dave and let him know. I'm not sure if he can do anything this far beyond the distribution date, however.

On our end, we do keep working on distribution, though it is an uphill battle. Letting WotC know your interest (Twitter, Customer Support, this thread, etc.) may help.

Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

As my current campaign is nearing completion I started looking around at Dark Sun as an option for my next game. There's a lot of positive reviews of Ashes of Athas out there and I started trying to find out where I could buy the adventures. After reading through this thread, however, that's apparently not possible.

I just wanted to voice my opinion to Wotc. Please, publish AoA in Dungeon, put it up for digital download sale, something--anything. Please don't let it fall into obscurity. It would be a terrible shame.
AlphaStream,
Any updates on the release schedule? Our group has played chapters 1-3 and loved them. Think these are some of the best modules to come out for D&D in a long while and would be a shame to not distribute to an even wider base than can attend the conventions. Is this a legal battle with WoTC? Anything we can do to help? Anyone we can solicit from WoTC in particular that will help get these released to the public in the near future? Would love to see these as a Dragon article in the future.

Thanks and looking forward to an update.
AlphaStream,
Any updates on the release schedule? Our group has played chapters 1-3 and loved them. Think these are some of the best modules to come out for D&D in a long while and would be a shame to not distribute to an even wider base than can attend the conventions. Is this a legal battle with WoTC? Anything we can do to help? Anyone we can solicit from WoTC in particular that will help get these released to the public in the near future? Would love to see these as a Dragon article in the future.

Thanks and looking forward to an update.

I was about to hatch this plan to kidnap Chris Tulach and Mike Mearls at Gen Con, but instead would advocate talking to those guys at Gen Con or via Twitter and letting them know.

It isn't a legal battle, but it is about distribution worries. I don't know the details, and it truly pains me that we haven't been able to release the recent adventures for home play. We still are working on this issue.

Thanks for the kind words. In the meantime we will keep making the chapters as good as we can. Chapter 6 at Gen Con next week will be pivotal to the future of the campaign!

Now that AoA is done, I've tweeted Chris and Mike with a request for making it available for homeplay. Is there anyone else I could tweet or anything else I could do to make this happen?
So is AoA completely finished now? What are the plans for the future of this amazing series? Will the adventures be archived somewhere?

A full update from the AoA team would be nice, putting all the info into one place for everyone to see. 
Thanks, guys!

Ashes of Athas has concluded. It was a fantastic finish (better than we admins dared hope). We can't thank everyone enough for making the campaign so successful!

There is some talk that one of us might attend Origins and run Chapter 7 (and perhaps 6). If you are interested, let us know on the AoA forums.

I'll work up a blog post soon to share some info, keeping in mind some may want to avoid spoilers.

As for distribution, we spoke to a number of Wizards people about it. We are doing all we can to get these adventures into your hands!

Thanks, guys!

Ashes of Athas has concluded. It was a fantastic finish (better than we admins dared hope). We can't thank everyone enough for making the campaign so successful!

There is some talk that one of us might attend Origins and run Chapter 7 (and perhaps 6). If you are interested, let us know on the AoA forums.

I'll work up a blog post soon to share some info, keeping in mind some may want to avoid spoilers.

As for distribution, we spoke to a number of Wizards people about it. We are doing all we can to get these adventures into your hands!

Glad to hear Ashes of Athas was a success! I am sure it will influence future Organized Play Programs...

Let's hope it gets the okay for distribution so that home play can run the conclusion as well. We are many to look for it!!
We are really happy to announce that Ashes of Athas adventures are once again available for home play (or play at any other location). Information on how to get the adventures is here.

OH Boy! OH Boy! OH Boy!
                                         Thank you to everyone at Baldman and those nameless ones at WotC for making this possible. 
^Ditto!

@feetz_grande on Twitter

Yes, many thanks to the AoA team for continuing to push this and for WoTC for coming to a compromise or whatever it was that got this released. Can't wait to run this for my home group.
I had a look on the link for the distribution of AoA - is it basically:
1) Free distribution
2) Anyone can have it
3) But you've got to email a certain person who will then send you 1 chapter at a time

Any idea why it is not just on the article archive?

3) But you've got to email a certain person who will then send you 1 chapter at a time

And who is this person (and email)? I am unable to find this on the baldman site.
The Siltskimmer Page - www.siltskimmer.org

And who is this person (and email)? I am unable to find this on the baldman site.

Try logging in there and sending Alpha a PM with your email address. That's what I did, I hope that's right. 

A little more information here:
forums.baldmangames.com/forums/viewtopic...
Yeah, I wasn't quite sure what to do either, so I just sent Alphastream a PM on their site as well.
Hi all,

We took a few days to straighten out the first 6 (of 7) chapters. We are now going through everyone that has sent an e-mail or PM and responding.

In the near future we will set up a web page with e-mails and make it a bit clearer for you. To answer the questions below...

I had a look on the link for the distribution of AoA - is it basically:
1) Free distribution
2) Anyone can have it

Any idea why it is not just on the article archive?

The above is true, with the addition that you need to send us your e-mail and which chapters you need. Also, you can't redistribute (if people redistribute then this will get shut down).

The reason it isn't on the article archive is that this isn't Wizards material. It was a volunteer effort done for Wizards conventions, but it did not go through the excellent development and editorial process used by Wizards.

Hope that helps!

We are really happy to announce that Ashes of Athas adventures are once again available for home play (or play at any other location). Information on how to get the adventures is here.

Glad to hear about Ashas of Athas distribution reopen. Thank you WoTC and Baldman Games ! #awesomenews
This is very good news. Well done!

The above is true, with the addition that you need to send us your e-mail and which chapters you need.

Can you request all the chapters in a single e-mail?
A huge thank you to Wizards for allowing the distribution to take place, and to Baldman and the admins working to accomplish this task!
The above is true, with the addition that you need to send us your e-mail and which chapters you need.

Bump.
A huge thank you to Wizards for allowing the distribution to take place, and to Baldman and the admins working to accomplish this task!

Yup, thanks to Wizards and Baldman for all they've done and allowing distribution. You've made me and my gaming group VERY happy.

Yes. I got all Chapters except the last one as they're still putting the finishing touch on it i believe.

What is the e-mail address to request the chapters?
I just wanted to weigh in here: I've received the Chapters and been reading through them, and...great job, guys. The quality is so much higher than even the "classic" Dark Sun campaign/adventure series. I'm really looking forward to running them!
Thank you all for the kind words! Derek and Chad and I are overwhelmed by the interest! We are closing in on 2000 adventures ordered. The stories of people playing, running, or being inspired by the adventures keep us happy.

If you haven't requested the adventures, you can get them by sending a PM to my account (either the Wizards one or my Baldman Games one). Information is found here. I do need your e-mail to send you the adventures. We've had a few requests where an e-mail was not shared. Thanks!

Great news! I pmed you on the Baldman site.
When I go to the links it seems that I get 404 errors. I'd be glad to run these adventures finally. I never got a chance to go to any conventions running AoA.
Ant Farm
Per the front of the Baldman website:
Website is Migrating!!!

April 2013 Please be patient as this unexpected server migration finishes up. We'll be back at it really soon with Origins and Gencon judge sign-ups.

When I go to the links it seems that I get 404 errors. I'd be glad to run these adventures finally. I never got a chance to go to any conventions running AoA.

The web site is being migrated, sorry!

You can send me a PM on these forums with your e-mail address and I will get them to you.

Thanks!

AlphaStream1. My name is Scott. I usually go by Galek Sandstrider on here and the old forums. Huge dark sun fan. Please email them to me at Gr8scott358@yahoo.com. To any and all on here I would love to keep in touch with you on any dark sun issues. I am currently working on a blog and website devoted to athas and want to share ideas on it. Scott
helo alpha stream i requested the matiraial awhile back before all the legal stuff never got anything my name is jesse my email is jlpinli@yahoo.com
I've caught the above two, but please do use a PM (personal message, done by clicking on the little person icon below my user name) rather than posting here. Thanks!

Just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU.
Thanks! Many people helped with this, including those that contacted Customer Support and spoke to Wizards at conventions, those that posted to threads on forums, and several heroes at Wizards who made it happen.

I'm the loud one on the forums, but serious thanks go to my cohorts Chad Brown and Derek Guder (you can send him fiery Utz chips for this or for organizing Gen Con event registration). And we have to thank the many authors and playtesters. A lot of good work came together from many people to get us here!

Sign In to post comments