Can anyone lead me in the right direction?

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
I was looking for slayer builds, but i cant seem to find many. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Looking for either Half-Orc Slayer builds or Longtooth shifter builds
Basically all you need is a Gouge, Surprising Charge, Spear expertise, and a power swap for Rain of Blows. The rest is pretty much filler.

Pretty much anything other than that combination is weak for a slayer. 
It bears saying that Humans get a real edge on being Slayers since they can easily get a second use of Rain of Blows at Paragon.
...whatever
Look here.

I have that page book marked, but it only really shows me what the character has and what is good for him in order to make my own build, but im really really new to the game and have no clue what im doing. That is why im looking for already made builds to help me get use to the game first.

@Black knight: So most slayers use spears? What about maces and swords?

@thecasualoblivion: I did hear that about human race though i always try to see what classes other than human would be good. Like Half orc i heard give you great rates to str or something like that and Shifter gives you regen (so you can last longer in battle).
I like Human as Slayers because the Adroit Explorer PP can give you a second use of an Encounter Power you already have(Rain of Blows). Slayers also are strangely feat intensive, so Human again pays off.
...whatever
I like Human as Slayers because the Adroit Explorer PP can give you a second use of an Encounter Power you already have(Rain of Blows). Slayers also are strangely feat intensive, so Human again pays off.

I see...alright maybe ill go with human then.

@Erachima: i mean there is nothing wrong with spears, but just wondering if they have like skills that would be just as effective as the spear skills.

Unfortunately Slayers are pretty boring because the way to do good damage is to charge every round (or use rain of blows). The Gouge is the ultimate charging weapon since it's the spear with the biggest damage die. 

Heavy blades are supbar for slayers. If you really refuse to use a Gouge, use a light blade so that you can still take advantage of the surprising charge feat.
Oh its not that i completely refuse to use it, but i was just wondering what other weapons are available that are on par with or almost on par with. Also for my first character slayer seems pretty basic to use so that is why im thinking of starting with it. Later on i think i will make a Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, which gets a little bit more complicated.
well if spear is the best then i shall go with the spear then...now spear is the same as polearm, or are they two seperate weapons?
Basically all you need is a Gouge, Surprising Charge, Spear expertise, and a power swap for Rain of Blows. The rest is pretty much filler.

I prefer Con-based Half Elf slayers with dilettante eldritch strike and KAM :D but to each his own.

My Works
My House Rules Cryptic Commander: a Tiefling Wizard|Warlord - Arcane Wayfarer - Planeshaper that focuses on controlling every creature in an encounter. Feyknight: A Half-Elf Knight - Gladiator Champion - Marshall of Letherna build that uses Eldritch Strike and the White Lotus Riposte feats to create a decent catch-22 with his mark aura. Novamancer: a Wizard/Swordmage - Malec-Keth Janissary - Radiant One that specializes in area damage, somewhat item dependent but is capable of massive damage. the Epic Crit-Fisher: Avenger/Ranger-PMC-Eternal Seeker with a 2,560 damage crit-fishing nova. Eldritch Slayer: A Slayer - Kulkor - Destined Scion that uses a similar trick to the Knight, combined with Kulkor for some decent DPR. Polearm Seeker|Fighter: A Seeker|Fighter/Psion - Kensei - Destined Scion build that uses Polearm Momentum to not be super bad. Generic Runepriest: A generic type Runepriest/Fighter - Hammer of Vengeance - Destined Scion
One does not
111819409 wrote:
99856009 wrote:
by RAW, you can't horse into the forge of the dawn titan.

...Couldn't resist.

well if spear is the best then i shall go with the spear then...now spear is the same as polearm, or are they two seperate weapons?

They are separate weapon *groups*. The specific weapon you want is the Gouge, a type of spear (and axe) from the Dark Sun Campaign Setting book.

I prefer Con-based Half Elf slayers with dilettante eldritch strike and KAM :D but to each his own.

Good point, I haven't thought of that build before.