Feywild Source Material

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Can anyone point me to some good feywild source material? Lore, history, cities etc? I'm finding lots of snippets here and there but nothing comprehensive.

Thanks all!
In current material:

• Feywild 161 (DMG)

• Feywild 181 (PHB)

• Fey (Origin) 281 (MM)

• feyborn (template) 179 (DMG)

• Feytouched 141 (PHB)

• Feywild Ch 2. 32-47 (Manual of the Planes)

and this from another post by wrecan in a similar request thread in April:
Underdark discusses the Feydark.

Also:

Whew!  I think I got most of them.  Of course, the random item in the Adventurers' Vault may make reference to some Archifey, and Arcane Power, Primal Power and Players Handbook 3 may also make some references to the Feywild.

Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
Thanks! Feywild Ch 2. 32-47 (Manual of the Planes) was exaclty what I was looking for Laughing
Wizards should also be putting out a Feywild specific source book, similar to the one for the Shadowfel, soon, if not in a few months.
Tolkein was a jerk. Seriously, what DM sends 9 Wraith Lords at a Lvl 2 party of Halflings. The only 'correct' way to play D&D is by whatever method is making the group you have at that session, have the most fun.
The Underdark book has information about the Feydark too.
Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Constant Fear That Something's Always Near; Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Phobia That Someone's Always There- Iron Maiden Fear of the Dark shall be feared no longer! Let him be praised instead! (Many, many thanks for all your hard work!) - darkwarlock I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.
Check out my DnD blog! www.artificersintuition.blogspot.com
Practical Guide to Faeries: no other WotC product has yet provided this much Feywild information. The book contains a map, excellent illustrations, and some very creative details about the Feywild. It also includes some skill challenge ideas, and provides excellent role-playing flavor.

Ok, so it's a kid's book, which no full grown gamer would probably ever think to purchase (indeed, it even details a Banshrae palace made out of candy), but it definitely has good bits. A great value for under $10 (including shipping).
Practical Guide to Faeries: no other WotC product has yet provided this much Feywild information. The book contains a map, excellent illustrations, and some very creative details about the Feywild. It also includes some skill challenge ideas, and provides excellent role-playing flavor.

Ok, so it's a kid's book, which no full grown gamer would probably ever think to purchase (indeed, it even details a Banshrae palace made out of candy), but it definitely has good bits. A great value for under $10 (including shipping).

Yes, indeed.

[N]o difference is less easily overcome than the difference of opinion about semi-abstract questions. - L. Tolstoy

My daughter has that book, and in looking through it again, it is amazing how much of this I just assumed was in my D&D sources!
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
If your players are grownups with wide criterium make them travel to the Feywild via allucinogen mushrooms... Then there you can make them fight against miconids (or myconids I don't remember the spelling)... a lot of laughs for sure XD
wero, I am totally stealing this for a "back pocket" session when I don't have enough players show up.
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)