VT Invite?

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have heard there are over 9000 players on the VT (no jokes about 9000 please)
Ive also heard getting is should be very easy, but I have not found this. I have asked for an invite by signing up for the beta, but I have not heard anything back.

Is it just a matter of time, or is there a selection process, or is it just random?
In the Nentir Vale, all injured creatures are required to wear a name tag!
first thing to do is check your account settings and make sure they are set to allow communications from wizards. if it isnt set this way, they may have already tried to invite you but couldnt

second thing to do is go here

www.wizards.com/dnd/Tool.aspx?x=dnd/4new...

'Subscribers who are not already invited to the beta will see instructions on how to get involved. Once your name is on the list, you will be added in a future invitation set.'

let me know when youve done this stuff and ill see what else i can do
I've signed up as well but have not heard anything back.
I've signed up as well but have not heard anything back.

As frothsof noted above make sure that your profile's privacy settings are set to receive broadcasts from WOTC
I have done that, infact I had done that and double checked when they first anounced the beta testing.... I guess Ill just be patiant.
In the Nentir Vale, all injured creatures are required to wear a name tag!
My DM got the invitation, I didnt... It seems random.

I applied for the beta test several times, and actually there is nothing meaningful to do... you last name, you first name, your email. I want to write a letter to wotc, and just cannot find the right place to do. 

And I really believe it's a good idea to let a DM and his PCs all have the invitations. they can provide helpful feedbacks, or do you expect a team randomly built can do better than that? 
Yeah it sucks to have a group where not everyone has access to the VT.

For now we just share desktop and have one person control both characters while the other watches and gives verbal commands. 
Heck...I applied...was accepted and had access for about a month, then I couldn't get in.  I called and they said they were updating something...waited a couple weeks...still couldn't get in...called again and the guy said they were still doing an update...now it's been 3 months since I had access, and I still can't get on...will probably call again later and see if they are still doing an "update"!
It's better to burn out than fade away!
For those who are waiting, please be patient.  It's been about 3 weeks since we did our last batch of invitations.  More should be going out soon. 

For Ren, I've looked at your account, and it appears you have had access to the VT since mid-May.  Go ahead and try again, you should be able to get in. (Though the VT is down for weekly updates right this very moment, it should be back up in an hour or so)
Though I didn't get a formal invite, I did discover today that I could launch the VTT. WOOT!
probably went to your spam folder. probably that way for a lot of people
I have been keeping a pretty close watch on my spam folder for this and some other items I have been expecting and nothing has shown up. I'm sure some people's could have.

I just kept checking the page and discovered it. All good in the end.  
html_removed
My DM got the invitation, also my another friends,I didnt.

I applied for the test several times,you last name, you first name, your email. I JUST get some letters about thanks.That is not what's I want.

NOW,they play with VT,I USE IRC.I feel bad.

And I really believe it's a good idea to let a DM and his PCs all have the invitations. they can provide helpful feedbacks, or do you expect a team randomly built can do better than that? 

I have heard there are over 9000 players on the VT (no jokes about 9000 please)
Ive also heard getting is should be very easy, but I have not found this. I have asked for an invite by signing up for the beta, but I have not heard anything back.

Is it just a matter of time, or is there a selection process, or is it just random?

I also have not yet been invited.
I want in on this also any spoilers from those who have it? is  it usefull for planning encounters or is it just for live combats?
I just signed up for DDI a few hours ago though iam hoping that means I can still get an invite, my friends wanted me to try the beta to see if they should try to get in too.
I just signed up for DDI a few hours ago though iam hoping that means I can still get an invite, my friends wanted me to try the beta to see if they should try to get in too.

It is not a general "open beta".  They are doing the invites in "groups" and there is not necessarily a guarantee that you will get an invite with any particular batch of invites.  At some point soon (next month or two???) they'll have all of DDI added and at that time you should be able to join and have immediate access to it.  Until then, it's just hurry up and wait.
Just to share with you that I got the access, and My DM and I had a very good time testing the VT.

Yesterday as we checked, the import characters/monsters function is working well now, you can import characters directly from your CB, and monsters from your Adventure tools(AT).

The UI is still not very pretty, though I believe it will be a lot more better in the final release.

The condition marks are not quite fnished, i suppose. The "mark"condition is shown as flags of color of relevant character, and the "bloodied" condition is shown as a big bead of bloody sweat. Besides, other conditions are only demonstrated by a yellow exclamation mark, and you can move your mouse on it to see the details.

You can roll attacks/damages of powers directly from the power list, it's very convenient! And also, often-used rolls can be user-defined. You can name a roll as "My super power" and store it on the cloud. It seems DM have the control of these custom powers.

The voice chat, the text chat, the map and vision control, token control, all works well. Except that Chinese character is not shown correctly in the left/right sidebars. The text chat window can show Chinese characters correctly. And the text chat seems a little bit slow, it takes several seconds to show the message you type.