Names of Cities in Magic

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm currently playing a game where you build cities and subsequently name them. I've decided to use a M:tG theme and so far I've used:

D'Avenant
Saparazzo
Mercadia

But, as you can tell, I can't think of any more. I'm willing to use the names of planes but only after exaughsting all the city names I can. Any and all settings ('cept maybe Arabian Nights, as they are based of real cities in this world.)

I'd love to help build a comprehensive list of locations as well.

Thank you in advance for any help.
All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring. -Chuck Palahniuk My Card as designed by febbstalicious42
Show
Four-Finger Discount :2mana: Instant Gain control of target creature. You lose life equal to its toughness. Almost as good as the five-finger discount.
phyrexianloyalty.png
Well, there's always Ravnica... that kind of springs rapidly to mind.

An Havva was a town on Ulgrotha, but it was smaller than what you're perhaps looking for.

I'll try to think of some more.
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
You might like to go through here.

Not all of them are cities, but many are. Look at places like Montford, Averru, Halcyon, Soldev, New Argive, and so on and so forth. Lots of prominent cities in M:tG.
Thank you both for your timely responses, I didn't want to use Ravnica at first because it was also the name of the plane, but the other I might use if I run out of others.
All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring. -Chuck Palahniuk My Card as designed by febbstalicious42
Show
Four-Finger Discount :2mana: Instant Gain control of target creature. You lose life equal to its toughness. Almost as good as the five-finger discount.
phyrexianloyalty.png
I'll add Malakir, on Zendikar. It's a vampire city, and apparently, the most populous place on that entire plane.
Thanks for your responses. In your opinions which of the cities in Magic are most known for their warlike tendencies?
Show
phyrexianloyalty.png
Thanks for your responses. In your opinions which of the cities in Magic are most known for their warlike tendencies?

Well, pretty much all of Keld.
Benalia was also a pretty warlike place, if very organized.
Giltspire comes to mind as a city in Akrasa of Bant which is full of knights.
Sign In to post comments