Issues Viewing Replays

56 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello I am having a persistent issue regarding viewing replays.

Whenever i try to view a replay I get an error stating: "Error RSE002: The System is Currently to (spelling error :P) busy to provide the replay"

I am curious if there are any know sources for this error or known fixes. Thank you.
My trade thread http://community.wizards.com/marketplace/go/thread/view/94957/22369033?sdb=1&post_num=1#389455421
Unfortunately, no.
Also, not every replay is going to be available. Replays are (and always have been) somewhat buggy in the current client.

Sorry

Guess what? Chicken butt.

I'm not sure what your no is with regards to. Whether this is a known issue or whether there is a fix for it.

It seems unreasonable that others are able to view replays and I am not, so it must be some sort of technical error.

I would like an answer from an Orc otherwise I will probably forgoe my planned investment into competative MODO. 
My trade thread http://community.wizards.com/marketplace/go/thread/view/94957/22369033?sdb=1&post_num=1#389455421
Hi Lim_Dul-s!  Sorry to hear you have been having troubles with the program.  Have you tried running a repair at startup yet?  This should fix this error in most cases.  If you have tried, or that doesn't work for you, let us know and we will try to find another solution for you.
Thank you for your response.

Ran the repair, no change to my issue.
That is very odd indeed.  We will submit this to our developers for review.  While we can't provide any kind of time frame for it being fixed, we can definitely promise that we will be looking into it.

We thank you for reporting this and apologize that this has come up for you.
That is very odd indeed.  We will submit this to our developers for review.  While we can't provide any kind of time frame for it being fixed, we can definitely promise that we will be looking into it.

We thank you for reporting this and apologize that this has come up for you.

Thank you. If you need any details with regards to my setup please don't hesitate to ask.
I am having this same exact issue.  I have never been able to play a replay other than one of my own.  Any time during a draft or tournament that I try to view someone elses match that was already completed it gives me this error.
I am having this same exact issue.  I have never been able to play a replay other than one of my own.  Any time during a draft or tournament that I try to view someone elses match that was already completed it gives me this error.

Pretty much describes it to a T.
I have the exact same problem.  I repaired, redownloaded MODO, updated my .net and more to try to get it to work with no luck.
I have the same problem. Tried everything, repaired, reinstalled. Nothing changed
I've rarely went to watch other peeps's replays (mainly a misclick).  I have noticed the "buggy" sometimes it records sometimes it doesn't  issue since the dawn of v3's miserably ruinous release.

My blind guesses

♦ Permissions
♦ Somehow your folder is "Read Only"

System Specs for those with errors may also go farther in aiding those with the knowledge to fix said errors.  Has anyone reported thier problem to customer service?

"They were civilized they even drank their blood from a cup"→James Silke/Frank Frazzeta

"When the Cryptkeeper sticks 'em they tend to stay stuck"→Cryptkeeper

"Do not blame the current developers if there is something you don't like about Magic Online. Chances are no one asked the developers for their opinion."→elf

"They just look at me like I'm stupid and then I just say something like well you know WOTC does some dumb things sometimes."→wilmheath

"Like just about everything I've experienced with MTGO and the Magic WotC website, I'm finding it difficult to..."→0rbit

"the more general question is: at what point does an easily fixable interface issue become a defect?"→silentbobus

"Imagine, only four years later and I almost have as much functionality as I used to."→Algona

"WotC, you make an awesome game, why do you have to suck so bad at letting people have a fun time?"→MTGKaioshin

"If you are all about playing as many games as possible as fast as possible and you KNOW you have me beat, then concede and move on"→Johnh2005

"Wow. You're a real pleasure to help. Good luck figuring it out by yourself."→tempesteye

"It's you against the shuffler."→jwark

"this look like freeware that some kid down the street crafted up"→ProtossX

"ask them if the world came to an economic end tomorrow, whether they think little printed pieces of paper could be traded for actual goods or services"→dangerlinto

"You still have time before the buggy, non user friendly beta is shoved down your throat"→theminer575

"I could go on and on, but looking at these boards and other web sites there doesn't seem to be much point."→Dras

Server status→ http://www.wizards.com/magic/magiconlineserverstatus.asp Love or hate me I was brought to you courtesy of V3!

I've rarely went to watch other peeps's replays (mainly a misclick).  I have noticed the "buggy" sometimes it records sometimes it doesn't  issue since the dawn of v3's miserably ruinous release.

My blind guesses

♦ Permissions

System Specs for those with errors may also go farther in aiding those with the knowledge to fix said errors.  Has anyone reported thier problem to customer service?

It's not an issue with replays recording but with us gaining access to the replays stored on MODO. We can access our games without issue, it is when we try to access others' replays.

My blind guesses

♦ Permissions

It's not an issue with replays recording but with us gaining access to the replays stored on MODO. We can access our games without issue, it is when we try to access others' replays.

There could be a few issues, but I'm guessing that it's almost 100% server side.
Is there anything non-standard about your computer setup?

Guess what? Chicken butt.

If an ORC sees this, can you please reassure us that something is being done about this?

Hello!

Our design team is aware of the issue, and are working to resolve it along with others as they are discovered.  It is a work in progress.

Thanks!

Hello!

Our design team is aware of the issue, and are working to resolve it along with others as they are discovered.  It is a work in progress.

Thanks!

Good to know.

Thank you very much. I definitely have a very high opinion of the of the quality of customer service coming from the ORCs!
Okay so working off a hunch I tried to view replays on my friends account from the same machine I've been using. Replays worked on my friends account. This means that the issue is 100% an account issue.
Okay so working off a hunch I tried to view replays on my friends account from the same machine I've been using. Replays worked on my friends account. This means that the issue is 100% an account issue.

Interesting. Do you have any non-standard characters in your MTGO user name? Those have been known to cause errors in the unlikeliest of things.

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead. On Strike

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert

Interesting. Do you have any non-standard characters in your MTGO user name? Those have been known to cause errors in the unlikeliest of things.

My account name is LDA
I have had this problem ever since I joined, which is really frustrating considering how disadvantageous it is during drafts and sealeds. It's definitely an account issue because I've tried watching replays under my account on different computers under different isp addresses. Strange thing is LDA, my account name is Cma.
I have had this problem ever since I joined, which is really frustrating considering how disadvantageous it is during drafts and sealeds. It's definitely an account issue because I've tried watching replays under my account on different computers under different isp addresses. Strange thing is LDA, my account name is Cma.

Hatin' on names that could double as stock symbols.
Wow, that's great to know that even if I try it on another machine I'm still going to have no luck.  Please figure out what's causing this because if it's an ID or account issue it's definitely something server side and we can't do anything about it except wait...
more than a month has passed and still no news?
I too have this problem.  My account name is ahn.
Perhaps it's a problem with three-lettered names?
That's it! I didn't realize everyone here had 3 letter names. Mine is r0b. Now that we figured out the issue can we get a fix please?
I can't fathom why they haven't fixed this issue yet.
they are just ignoring us.
they are just ignoring us.

Or hoping we become impatient and make another account with more characters.
I'd rather just stop drafting... which is what I've done.
I am having this same issue, and it is clearly an issue with 3 character account names, as I am jvs.

We need lsv in here to give us some muscle.

jvs
It seems that you guys are on to something.  My username is also three letters long. Any confirmation that this is the problem?
no you can't have confirmation. We are waiting for comfirmation since last month and as you can see nothin happened.
Just a reminder that this forum is not the official channel for reporting or dealing with bugs. Most of the assistance here is from other players. If you'd like an official response, please use www.wizards.com/customerservice.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
Just a reminder that this forum is not the official channel for reporting or dealing with bugs. Most of the assistance here is from other players. If you'd like an official response, please use www.wizards.com/customerservice.

I sent an official report, got a kick the can down the road message and no way of determining if any progress has been made on the issue

I don't see the point of having a bugs and technical issues forum if not to report bugs and technical issues.
I don't see the point of having a bugs and technical issues forum if not to report bugs and technical issues.

I didn't say not to do so, just that there should be no expectation of an official response. My reply was prompted by the repeated posts complaining about a lack of response. Hundreds of people have been helped in this forum over the years, with the help mainly coming from other players.

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show
sent a message at the customers service. they answered exactly like 1 mouth ago to another user.

Is there a way to change our name? because I don't really think they will do anything.
This is the message I received June 19th:

Thank you for brining this issue to our attention. I have passed along the details to our development team so they can see what can be done to fix this issue. Unfortunately I have no timeline on when a fix for this particular issue will be implemented. We here at Wizards of the Coast greatly value the work and feedback of our community and appreciate the time you took to report this bug.

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know what was going on, and if you find any more bugs out there please let us know!

We would appreciate your feedback on the service we are providing you. Please click here to fill out a short questionnaire.

To login to your account, or update your question please click here. 

Disturbingly they updated the issue to "Solved" for apparently no reason.
Disturbingly they updated the issue to "Solved" for apparently no reason.

All CS tickets are marked as "solved" when they are closed. It has nothing to do with the status of the bug internally.

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show
And this is still broken. I have run at least 200 drafts with this absurd handicap this year, and I am pretty steamed that this issue is not resolved. This is NOT DIFFCULT. The Community even troubleshot the issue for you! FIX THIS.

Thanks to the programming team for costing me a few dozen packs. I really apperciate it.

Thanks,

jvs
and the absence of any real answer is so sad. nearly 3 months and nothin. At least let us change name if you don't have any idea how to fix a bug.
this bug is a BIG HANDICAP.
Sign In to post comments