Optimizing the Star pact: Con or Cha?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
This has probably been asked multiple times, but I've been away from the game for a while and was curious if anything had changed. For a Star Pact Warlock, is it better to focus on Cha, Con, or to keep both up and lose Int? What sorts of optimization tricks are available to Starlocks these days beyond the typical implement-user stuff?
Personally, I would go Con/Int. Split'lock is viable, but it means sacrificing a feat for armor proficiency and losing any Int-based riders.

Your at-will spell Dire Radiance is Con-based, so Cha-Int isn't a very attractive option (except for possibly a Human, who can take another at-will to offset the loss). I also prefer the Con-based dailies.
This has probably been asked multiple times, but I've been away from the game for a while and was curious if anything had changed. For a Star Pact Warlock, is it better to focus on Cha, Con, or to keep both up and lose Int? What sorts of optimization tricks are available to Starlocks these days beyond the typical implement-user stuff?

Con has the better damage dealing dailies. Mostly zone shenangins, and Doom of Delban which can get hilarious... provided the Ranger and Warlord don't end the encounter before you get to do anything interesting.

Cha has some decent damage dealing, but, save for Hurl Through Hell, way more powerful control, particularly when combined with Doomsayer.

The main problem is that Warlocks just kind of... runs out of damage dealing powers after paragon. Most of its best (which is to say "tactically signifigant") powers from level 21 on are either Leader attack grant spams or Action-Denial. Both are powerful ways to help end encounters... but neither are truly "Striker" tactics. Unless your planning on going full-on controller with your daily spread, and focusing on the Win-Engine that is Doomsayer, I suggest Con-Int and go Star/King or Hell/King for your Dual-Pact. Hell-King gives you more or less the best Striking and Leading the Warlock has to offer, and has enough control with King dailies and Vestige encounters to be able to do Controller secondary well enough. Just find an at-will power you can rock with DPRz so you can at least kill things from time to time.
I am a: Lawful Good Dragonborn Paladin
Sign In to post comments