DDI work on Linux?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
The title says it all.  I have Ubuntu and I was wondering if DDI will work on Linux.
It should if Linux can run Silverlight.
Show
Of the two approaches to hobby games today, one is best defined as the realism-simulation school and the other as the game school. AD&D is assuredly an adherent of the latter school. It does not stress any realism (in the author's opinon an absurd effort at best considering the topic!). It does little to attempt to simulate anything either. (AD&D) is first and foremost a game for the fun and enjoyment of those who seek the use of imagination and creativity.... In all cases, however, the reader should understand that AD&D is designed to be an amusing and diverting pastime, something which an fill a few hours or consume endless days, as the participants desire, but in no case something to be taken too seriously. For fun, excitement and captivating fantasy, AD&D is unsurpassed.As a realistic simulation of things from the realm of make-believe or even as a reflection of midieval or ancient warfare or culture or society, it can be deemed only a dismal failure. Readers who seek the later must search elsewhere. - Gary Gygax. 1e DMG.
it should run under Moonlight, ubuntu friendly even

INSIDE SCOOP, GAMERS: In the new version of D&D, it will no longer be "Edition Wars." It will be "Edition Lair Assault." - dungeonbastard

Sadly no. Linux has moonlight which is equivelant of Silverlight 2.0, but the CB requires Silverlight 4.0.  And don't get your hopes up that Moonlight will ever be up to date enough to run the CB or that the software team will get a clue and ditch Silverlight, its just not gonna happen. You really only have two options: either dual-boot windows or use windows in a VM. I've had good luck with VirtualBox, but most VM software should do.
Sadly no. Linux has moonlight which is equivelant of Silverlight 2.0, but the CB requires Silverlight 4.0.  And don't get your hopes up that Moonlight will ever be up to date enough to run the CB or that the software team will get a clue and ditch Silverlight, its just not gonna happen. You really only have two options: either dual-boot windows or use windows in a VM. I've had good luck with VirtualBox, but most VM software should do.

The downside to Virtualbox, well on my machine anyway, is it's so slow when I try and run Windows on it.  Maybe I just need to boost the memory.

The downside to Virtualbox, well on my machine anyway, is it's so slow when I try and run Windows on it.  Maybe I just need to boost the memory.

Yeah, its pretty slow on my machine as well, but it gets the job done. You could also try VMWare. Also, you may check your bios to see if virtualization extensions are present and enabled. That can help speed things up as well. And its sad to say, but you can always dual boot.

Yeah, its pretty slow on my machine as well, but it gets the job done. You could also try VMWare. Also, you may check your bios to see if virtualization extensions are present and enabled. That can help speed things up as well. And its sad to say, but you can always dual boot.

I have VMware but I never could get it to work.  I have Linux on my laptop and VirtualBox is a nightmare to run on it.