Psion feats skills and abilities.

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Made a lvl 1 tiefling psion and wondered how many feats,skills and abilities i get i used the books and the psion handbook on the site but couldnt locate how many i got lol. So question is how many do i get lol. Also really fast when you see something like this. 

TRAINED SKILLSBluff +10, Diplomacy +8, Insight +7, Perception +5 

UNTRAINED SKILLSAcrobatics +0, Arcana +5, Athletics –1, Dungeoneering +0, Endurance +0, Heal +0, History +5, Intimidate +3, Nature +0, Religion +5, Stealth +2, Streetwise +3, Thievery +0 

Whats the + and -'s that follow the skills do you get a set amount of points? sorry bout the scrub questions just new and dont follow the handbooks to well lol  
Think I figured it out but any heads up on this topic incase lol. 
Psions get 4 skills trained from the following list:

Trained Skills: From the class skills list below, choose 4 trained skills at 1st level.
Class Skills: Arcana (Int), Bluff (Cha), Diplomacy (Cha), Dungeoneering (Wis), History (Int), Insight (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Perception (Wis).

The division in your top post is between skills in which you are trained (these are usually your best skills) and untrained skills (which are usually worse)

The numbers after the skill are the total modifiers; they're not invested points, just everything that applies to each skill (your level, your abilities, racial bonusses, background, items, training, etc) added up as an easy reference. This is the number you add or substract when you roll a skill check. 

Since there are no points to invest, you just pick 4 skills and you get a +5 bonus to each of those skills for being trained, and no such bonus to all the others. 
Epic Dungeon Master

Want to give your players a kingdom of their own? I made a 4e rule system to make it happen!

Your Kingdom awaits!
Update 5th Sep 2011: Added a sample kingdom, as well as sample of play.
great help sir ty much
Attually check it out incase you see a flaw lol 

Tiefling, Psion
Build: Telepathic Psion
Discipline Focus Option: Telepathy Focus
Con Artist (Psionic) (+2 to Insight)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 8, CON 11, DEX 10, INT 20, WIS 10, CHA 16

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 8, CON 11, DEX 10, INT 18, WIS 10, CHA 14

AC: 17 Fort: 10 Ref: 15 Will: 15
HP: 23 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 5

TRAINED SKILLS
Bluff +10, Diplomacy +8, Insight +7, Perception +5

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +0, Arcana +5, Athletics –1, Dungeoneering +0, Endurance +0, Heal +0, History +5, Intimidate +3, Nature +0, Religion +5, Stealth +2, Streetwise +3, Thievery +0

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Tiefling Racial Power: Infernal Wrath
Psion Feature: Distract
Psion Feature: Send Thoughts
: Living Missile Attack
Psion Attack 1: Mind Thrust
Psion Attack 1: Dishearten
Psion Attack 1: Living Missile

FEATS
Level 1: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Unarmored Agility

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit
Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing)
Staff Implement
Dagger
Comrades' Succor
Comprehend Language
Sending
====== End ======
Looks fine to me, I don't see any errors.
Epic Dungeon Master

Want to give your players a kingdom of their own? I made a 4e rule system to make it happen!

Your Kingdom awaits!
Ty again lastly sorry to ask whats it mean when a skill is augment option like for instance Dishearten it has a aug option 1 and 2?  how do i do that lol 
You spend powerpoints to augment the power before you use it on your turn. The number of points you have depends on your level, it's listed in the section in Psionic Augmentation, as is the ability to use those points.
Epic Dungeon Master

Your Kingdom awaits!
woot ty again sir id assume at lvl 1 you got zip zero ziltch LOL 
You shouldn't assume, you should read that section. I'm pretty sure it's more then 0.
Epic Dungeon Master

Your Kingdom awaits!
In fact, you get two power points at level 1.

I'd really recommend getting your hands on a copy of PHB3.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition

Remember a week ago when you said you were going to buy a book "tomorrow" ? How's that working out?

"Not only are you wrong, but I even created an Excel spreadsheet to show you how wrong you are." --James Wyatt, May 2006

Dilige, et quod vis fac

Remember a week ago when you said you were going to buy a book "tomorrow" ? How's that working out?

Well, he's a DDI subscriber. He could just look up Psion in the Compendium.
Chandrak's awesome solutions to the 5-minute workday 'problem'
97183719 wrote:
Seeing as there is a disconnect between balance (quantifiable) and fun, (subjective and personal) discussing fun in a thread about balance because you find one system more enjoyable than another is as helpful as discussing religion in a thread about architectural engineering because you think cathedrals look prettier than outhouses.
I think it would be a good start if he (she?) took out "LOL" at the end of every sentence. 

Unless thats part of the punctuation? Who knew? 
Sign In to post comments