Dragon Weaknesses

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
IN my adventure im making, i have a young blue dragon that the PC's will come across time to time untill the mega finale where they have to fight it. now i want to throw hints at them during the game about its elemental weaknesses in the form of puzzels and ancient writings... but where can i find the weaknesses of the dragons, i can only find there immunities withing the monster manual and the draconomicon.

Please help

cheers 
IN my adventure im making, i have a young blue dragon that the PC's will come across time to time untill the mega finale where they have to fight it. now i want to throw hints at them during the game about its elemental weaknesses in the form of puzzels and ancient writings... but where can i find the weaknesses of the dragons, i can only find there immunities withing the monster manual and the draconomicon.

A blue dragon doesn't normally have any elemental weaknesses, unlike (for example) a red dragon, which gains vulnerability to cold due to having the fire subtype.

Some types of dragon have elemental weaknesses and some do not.

The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance. - Good Omens

Co-Author of the Dreamfane, Euralden Eye, Gajuisan Crawler, Gruesome Lurker, Fulminating Crab, Ironglass Rose, Sheengrass Swarm, Spryjack, Usunag, and Warp Drifter, and author of the Magmal Horror from Force of Nature.

My most popular campaign item; for all your adventuring convenience.
Zauber's Mutable Rod: This rod has a number of useful functions that make it easier to live in the wilderness. It is made of polished wood, with five studlike buttons on one end. Each button produces a different effect when pressed. Unless otherwise noted, the rod’s functions have no limit on the number of times they can be employed. When button 1 is pressed, one end of the rod produces a small flame, equivalent to a candle. When button 2 is pressed, the rod unfolds into a two-person tent, complete with bedrolls and warm blankets. When button 3 is pressed, the rod becomes a one-handed hammer, suitable for pounding pitons into a wall. When button 4 is pressed, the rod becomes a sturdy iron spade. When button 5 is pressed, the rod becomes a wooden bucket able to hold 2 gallons of liquid. Once per day, it can be commanded to fill with fresh water. If the rod is seriously damaged or broken in any of its alternate forms (button 2, 3, 4, or 5), it reverts to its basic rod form and cannot be activated for 24 hours. Moderate conjuration; CL 9th; Craft Rod, minor creation; Price 375 gp; Weight 2 lb.
Aww ok well thats a tad annoying. Guess im going to have to rethink certain things. Thanks for the reply.
If you're the DM and you want the dragon to have a weakness, give it a weakness.
It's evil, make it 'weak' towards good or holy.
It's "lightning" so make it 'weak' towards earth or sonic or something.
Maybe it's had a magical misshap on the elemental plain of sound and has a weakness for all things bardic?
I just got married, 16.7.2011, to a sexy librarian :D Suck it fate, there's no justice in the real world. There's no way I deserve this ;) -------------- The most interesting rules always kinda taste like lasagna
I am such a nub to the DM scene hahaha i think thats a good area to start, the dragon itself has gone throughte xornvitaal ritual so i cold say sumin happened with that. ^_^ cheers guys.
Although you may be able to find anti-dragon equipment (Bane weapons and stuff that is hard on all dragon type creatures) I think that for most dragons the biggest "weakness" probably should be found in its personallity.  Being a big fish may cause a dragon to take risks or leave things exposed that less powerful creatures would never dream of.  If you can find them and exploit them that could be a groups best chance but you should only get one shot at any weakness before it is closed for good.