Thank you LordDuskBlade

111 posts / 0 new
Last post
LDB build for me 6 first level characters to use at a con game.  The perfomed very well and were great fun.  I just wanted to give him a big shout out and thanks.  If peaple was to see his builds and and he says ok, I (or LDB) will post them.  They were orginally designed to run 1st level characters though a 3rd level adventure and I think his six could have done it but I had many new players and they were just fun.

Mathius
LDB delivered my child this weekend, and I'm extremely grateful. My child's middle name is now Lordduskblade, after LDB, as thanks for his heroism. The baby immediately grew lots of muscles when I give him this name.
Today, my car stoped working, so I inscribed LordDuskBlades name on the engine in the blood of a virgin, and it became a hummer and it always has a full gas tank.  Thanks LDB!
(He used his own blood.)
You know gravity? It's actually LDB's awesomeness attracting everything.
10/10 Would Flame Again: An Elite Paladin|Warlock The Elemental Man (or Woman): A Genasi Handbook The Warlord, Or How to Wield a Barbarian One-Handed The Bookish Barbarian Fardiz: RAI is fairly clear, but RAZ is different That's right. Rules According to Zelink!
LBD eats his own weight in coal and excretes diamonds every day. True story
Gracias a Lordduskblade hablo español y catalán también XD
LDB has never rolled a 1, because no die would dare to show that face in front of him.
The difference between madness and genius is determined only by degrees of success.
That isnt true - He rolls 1s as often as you'd expect from a fair D20.  Its just that he still crit hits on a 1.
A Lordduskblade character defeated Orcus... at level 1
When LDB throws dice, he has to duck because the earth is round and he doesn't want to get hit in the back of the head.
LordDuskblade's martial characters can transcend editions and channel arcane spells with their attacks.
Ah, the elusive LDB masturbatory thread.  How CO has missed your presence.
True story, LDB constantly listens to power metal at all times while playing D&D.
True story, LDB constantly listens to power metal at all times while playing D&D.

Lord Duskblade fights with power and steel, fighting for metal, metal that's real!

Chuck Norris is actually a character designed by LDB.
LDB doesn't always play a seeker, but when he does, he can solo Demogorgon.
So, LDB, how does it feel to be meme?

"Not only are you wrong, but I even created an Excel spreadsheet to show you how wrong you are." --James Wyatt, May 2006

Dilige, et quod vis fac

It is prophesied that the world will end 2012. LordDuskBlade will optimize a ranger so well that not only will it stop the doomsday, but that it will also create ice-cream out of thin air. 
"There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society where none intrudes, By the deep Sea, and music in its roar: I love not Man the less, but Nature more."
Some say he has has a mechanical leg and is afraid of pigeons. All we know is he is called LDB.

Fear is the Mind Killer

Once he ordered a Whopper at McDonalds and got it.
LDB gives experience to his DMs for having survived his characters.
LordDuskBlade decided to play a Cleric and we all know how that turned out...
LordDuskBlade decided to play a Cleric and we all know how that turned out...

His cleric could twin strike, had an infinite AC, and could cast Divine, Arcane, AND Psion magic.
10/10 Would Flame Again: An Elite Paladin|Warlock The Elemental Man (or Woman): A Genasi Handbook The Warlord, Or How to Wield a Barbarian One-Handed The Bookish Barbarian Fardiz: RAI is fairly clear, but RAZ is different That's right. Rules According to Zelink!

I think you just won the thread.
It is prophesied that the world will end 2012. LordDuskBlade will optimize a ranger so well that not only will it stop the doomsday, but that it will also create ice-cream out of thin air. 

So LDB's Ranger is the Martian Manhunter?
Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal. But the good name never dies of one who has done well. Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal. But I know one thing that never dies: the glory of the great dead. - [i]Hávamál[/i] D&D 4th Edition Bard builds: The Dashing Swordsman, The Master of Sound and Illusions, The Warrior Skald Captain Morality! (No point in not having fun with it. )

I think you just won the thread.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=f99qHjxTop8&feat...
It was once said that LDB could walk on water... this is patantly untrue. The real story is that with a fierce glare the water panicked and fled before him, and he crossed the body on dry land...
LDB killed my unkillable's.

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

LDB kicked my dog.
LDB kicked my dog.

And the last thing it thought before it exploded was, "That was AWESOME!"
The silent E at the end of LordDuskblade's name is actually pronounced.

With explosions.

And dinosaur roaring noises. 
LDB doesnt roll a save to see if he survive a Disease.

Diseases roll a save  to see if they survive LDB. 
The United States Department of the Treasury is considering changing the motto on currency to "In LDB We Trust"
Lord Duskblade's soul is the Drill that Will Pierce the Heavens!

... what?
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.

... what?

ppaladin123 was quoting Gurren Lagann.

In space, LDB can hear one-shotted elites scream.

... what?

\

Sorry. It is a reference to the most over-the-top character in the most over-the-top anime ever: "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann."
He pilots a war mecha that is 100 times bigger than the milky way galaxy and uses a drill created from the power of another Big Bang.Cool

LDB can do the impossible, see the invisible, touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable.
LDB gives experience to his DMs for having survived his characters.

That is hilarious!
LordDuskBlade *IS* Chuck Norris...
Sign In to post comments